Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I liked the warlock imp couple!!! Where did they go?? Will they be back?

3 days for the game! I can´t wait! smile

Last edited by FelipeJoker; 03/08/13 02:51 PM.
veteran
veteran
I kinda miss those as well, but I guess the unit quot4es were taken out for being too zany, too long, and grating for a lot of people. Oh well.

journeyman
journeyman
Well here is an idea, maybe different voices could be "unlocked" and activated for some customization options.

addict
addict
I demand that the warlock's speeches be brought back. Erm... as much as I can demand, at least.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Alastar
Well here is an idea, maybe different voices could be "unlocked" and activated for some customization options.

I was just about to come post something like that. The other Warlock voices are already recorded and such, maybe after release they could put in an option to let you use the other set.

stranger
stranger
Well I don't. It's fun to hear them first time, the Nth time, not so much.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
I think they are ok in principle, but get played far too often.
Esp. the warlock speech could get a bit annoying, probably because it's rather long.

If they stay, maybe they should become less frequent.

Last edited by El Zoido; 04/08/13 12:12 PM.
old hand
old hand
My suggestion is the same, keep them all in, just play the long speeches less frequently.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by EinTroll
I demand that the warlock's speeches be brought back. Erm... as much as I can demand, at least.

I'll second that. I played around with the new one a bit and... it's not as enjoyable without dem crazy quotes. Warlock's voice set was brilliant because of epic quotes and truly insane intonation and arguments between a couple. It's basically my reason to adore warlocks so insanely much.

I'd really, really prefer to have them back instead of this voice (which actually sounds slightly too much like Bomber Balloon), or perhaps the option to turn their voices on, off, or swap voicesets with the current one? Either way, I have to say this takes away that slight touch of humour that makes the warlock so awesome smile

Oh, and also... the new voice makes no sense, he'd be controlling 2 ships at the same time =S

X
stranger
stranger
X
+1

journeyman
journeyman
I loved this "War 3 like" voices ... And as they exist, it would be bad if we don't hear it ... But maybe (just an idea) must it be played only if we click 15 times on the Warlock ... (15 being only an idea like that)

addict
addict
Any official position on the matter? I expect an option for "alternate Warlock speech", if anything.

But me and some others really, really, really want the old warlock speech, particularly because we know the sound files should still exist.
Those voices never grated on me, I actually enjoyed them.

addict
addict
There have been no more reactions to this. Is nobody else going to support this plea?

I know it's a very minor thing, but to me it feels like a major downer after I've enjoyed the previous, funny warlock imp duo.

stranger
stranger
I'm just gonna reconfirm that both me and some (non-forum) guys I play this game with agree on the changed voice being a major disappointment regarding the Warlock. The unit was made to be silly, crazy and effective, now it's more of a "your everyday sinister mage in a double balloon". If it's meant to be some kind of dark-minded evil mage... I disagree. Besides, Bomber Balloons and especially Juggernauts top the ladder of evilness. The original insane Warlock was ridiculously funny and we miss it, so we'd truly like an option to get it back.

...I mean, those voices were recorded for a reason, right? Will those sound files now be covered in several layers of dust lying in some archive?

J
journeyman
journeyman
J
If possible please bring them back zany speech in units is funny I love the sepplin helium lady

addict
addict
So far, no official word on this. I really miss the old warlock imp couple, I see I'm not quite alone on this and I found nothing of it in-game (I hope I didn't miss it).

Should we e-mail Larian about it? I'm asking because I don't really know if they even saw this thread.

Support
Support

They have seen this thread.

Moderated by  Issh, Larian_QA, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard