Print Thread
#473913 10/09/13 11:18 PM
P
Pherion Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
So far, the game has been going alright and occasionally there is this super hard foe that is still beatable...however....

Ba'al always instantly kills me on sight. No chance at all.

I'm a lvl 33 warrior with 2 handed sword and uses 0 magic or ranged weapons. I only use potions to help me, and of course I also have a creature as well. I also have good gear. I have nearly 1000 of health yet it means nothing in this battle as I get instantly killed in the beginning.

So what can I do to counter this? I refuse to use magic or ranged weapons for roleplaying purposes. Max I«ll use is potions and my creature.

Support
Support

An instant, over-powered attack by a boss type opponent is a bug. If you are playing the Developer's Cut release of the game, the easiest solution would be to load the save in the Developer Mode version and enable god mode until you get past that fight.

If you are playing DKS, lowering the difficulty level may help (it will reduce the damage done, hopefully enough it is no longer a one hit kill).

Perhaps drink an armour and/or healing potion just before this fight. If you happen to have any jewellery with a summon bonus, having an extra possible target could help. Even if you don't have time to move or pause the game (and use Hide in Shadows, or something), Ba'al may decide to target a summon or your creature, giving you time to attack (or if you can stay mostly behind your creature, it may block a spell cast at you).

One person who ran into this problem used CheatEngine to fix their health until they got past Ba'al (though someone mentioned that Steam may have a problem with the use of CheatEngine, even with a single player game).

At least one person just loaded a save before the opponent they were having trouble with, went and did other stuff, and when they got back to trying it again the boss didn't have an instant / overpowered attack.

Where's the trick to Ba'al?

[Not Sure if Bug][Spoilers]Killed Instantly

If you email your save to support@larian.com, with a description of the problem, they can fix it for you.

In XP the saves are in the folder

C:\Documents and Settings\ %username% \Local Settings\Application Data\Divinity 2\Savegames

or in Vista / Win 7

C:\Users\ %username% \AppData\Local\Divinity 2\Savegames

You may need to set Windows Explorer to show hidden files and folders (XP, Vista, Win 7).

P
Pherion Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
I managed to solve the problem by pushing my creature in first, so when the fight starts Ba'al will target it first. After that wasn't so hard.
And I have the Developer's Cut on steam.

However now I seem to be in another bad spot.

[Spoiler Alert] Just in case

In the Hall Of Echoes, when I need to stop Ygerna execution, I need to kill some guys and I ran out of potions during that fight and I noticed I couldn't go back to the tower to get some potions. If this fight becomes impossible, using those methods above you just said would help?

Support
Support

Do you have a save just before that section of the game? From the dragon sections of the Hall of Echoes you can return to the battle tower to make more potions. Make sure you don't overwrite your HoE save, though; a couple people ran into a glitch where they didn't automatically transform back into a dragon when they left the battle tower (though the developer mode would let you fix that).

You should be able to use the Developer Mode cheat window to teleport to the battle tower from the human sections of the Hall of Echoes; check your location first, so you can get back. In any case, you would have to start by enabling god mode, in order to have time to do anything else (assuming you didn't just want to finish the fight being invulnerable); you can not pause the game with the cheat window open, or open the cheat window when the game is paused. If there are not too many opponents scattered about, you can run behind one of the pillars, or something, to get a couple seconds to hit F11 and then the 'god' button (left side, third from the bottom).

C
C
I god my way past the bumble bee Demon. That battle is a pain smile

'nut
Support
Support

That encounter is deliberately difficult, though (in DKS/D2:DC), not the result of a bug.

Zagan tips

C
C
I won it once fair and square, but no need to go through it again. It wasn't fun, just frustrating. The same with the 50 jumps to open a chest puzzle. I just god mode so the fireballs can't hurt me. I only god mode when the game is lacking in a fun factor for me. I hate Dragon battles, so god mode. Same with those other two encounters. I love a challenge within the normal flow of the game though. The first time I faced the 3 Slayers was an awesome fight, though I was level 16 this time and they died when I accidentally sneezed laugh

I"m purposely waiting to do all the dragon stuff until I am higher level than the encounters, so I don't get extra experience. I don't want to cheat with god mode, just get past the dull (for me) areas.

Last edited by crpgnut; 28/09/13 02:57 PM.

'nut

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard