Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#476104 17/12/13 06:52 PM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hi,

according to gamestar.de, the alpha has begun. however i did not receive the steam alpha key. also the larian vault says "Not available yet"
?

Thanks.

addict
addict
yeah it has begun but Larian has a problem with their tools so I guess no one have had a key yet wink

EDIT : I just receive mine laugh

Last edited by Chaotica; 17/12/13 06:56 PM.

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
old hand
old hand
Gamestar.de is wrong. It's not up yet. An email will be sent out by Larian to Kickstarter backers when it is ready. They are working on it and hopefully it will be out before the end of their day.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
old hand
old hand
In fact, just now from Swen's blog:

Swen Vincke ‏@LarAtLarian 33s
Something's incoming I think

claphands

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Oops smile

Thanks for the info

addict
addict
Read the comments of the article some guy wrote that keys were not there. But now they are here smile only 2.4 GB till D:OS smile

veteran
veteran
Got mine.

apprentice
apprentice
Got it, even if I won't play it right now.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
got it.

stranger
stranger
So I have 2 copies of the game, is there any chance that I can get 2 alpha or beta keys? Or does my brother just have to wait until release?

Cheers!

enthusiast
enthusiast
brother will need to wait till co-op is activated to possibly get his key.check ks updates 49 i think

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
S
stranger
stranger
S
So we have also 2 copies of the game. It's a joke the backer of 40$ becomes only one alpha key!? If so, this was the last time that I backed or bought a Larian game. frown

Last edited by smeagol; 05/01/14 09:51 AM.
addict
addict
One month ago you wouldnt recieve no alpha-key and now evil larian is giving you one. How evil of them. Next thing on their list is to kill every firstborn and then world domination. MUHAAHAA

old hand
old hand
a) They allowed you into the alpha without you buying alpha so why complain.

b) The issue of two keys has been answered several times; when they enable co-op for testing they will see about allowing a second alpha key for those who purchased 2 copies.

Originally Posted by smeagol
So we have also 2 copies of the game. It's a joke the backer of 40$ becomes only one alpha key!? If so, this was the last time that I backed or bought a Larian game. frown

S
stranger
stranger
S
@meme
Thanks for your answer.

to a)
All or nothing ... is my opinion.

to b)
Ok, I don't read this. But I have no time to read all update news or search through all forum entries. The simple way was to give two alpha keys instead one. ^^

Thanks and bye.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by smeagol

All or nothing ... is my opinion.

Even so... In that case that means that you would never buy a larian game because they didn't give you 2 keys? (and they will)

so basically : they're giving something that was available on tiers worth 135$ and above! but wait... they aren't giving me two keys so screw them, I'll never buy their games again!

Last edited by Regnox; 05/01/14 07:22 PM.
- Backers of higher tiers will be refunded on their Larian vault accounts. The easiest solution is to spend the extra money on other rewards, but I *think* cash refunds are also possible, but not preferred because of the overhead implied.

- Wasn't the second key to become available when multiplayer is enabled in the build? I'm quite sure it was, but not 100%.

- Personal opinion as an alpha-tier backer: I think the decision they made benefits the game greatly, as it enables a lot more people to give feedback and report bugs and share ideas about the game. If something benefits the game, it benefits everyone playing it. Therefore I am happy about the decision to open up the alpha to all backers. I may not be part of the elite alpha backers group, but I am still part of one of the most enjoyable communities I've been in the past 29 years. hehe That's still awesome.

Weresheep of Original Sin: Facebook | homepage (WIP wink )
sheep is the plural of sheep oops
stranger
stranger
On that note, I really think there needs to be better communication with those who backed not through Kickstarter, but straight through Larian's site. I had NO idea what was going on with the development of the game (let alone Alpha was supposed to be available.) I understand that my tier probably wasn't supposed to get alpha access in the first place ($50, right?) but it's been really quiet as far as I can tell.

I'm a little upset that I've been left in the dark still in this whole thing despite being up there as a backer. Perhaps I should have just gone through Kickstarter instead so any updates posted there would be sent to my mail..

Last edited by Freyar; 08/01/14 09:58 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard