Next Thread
Print Thread
S
StSloth Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
I'll start this thread specifically to report any bugs in the following categories, BTW - game is quick and stable at 2560x1440 maxed.

1) Graphic glitches - this is where the scenery looks a bit "jittery" etc
2) Models - where the models are behaving incorrectly or are clipping through
3) Missing textures or art assets (question marks etc.)
4) Minor missing text on items

===========BUGS SO FAR===============

1) Missing inventory art on: "Garment", "Diamond", "Dagger" and "Bloody Dagger" (such as found in Esmeralda's basement), "Flour"
2) Docks, next to the burning ship, the place where the two edges of the boardwalk meet, the overlapping textures jitter slightly (not a biggie)
3) All bookpiles, display text as: "BOOK_Rich_bookpile_A_019" and "BOOK_Rich_bookpile_A_020" etc.
4) Apple and Tomato use the same inventory icon
5)a) King Crab Basement - moving camera beyond the basement, reveals location of all other basements (not sure this is intended behaviour)
5)b) King Crab Upstairs - ditto as above.
6) Equipping Robes - Robe model missing? The character is wearing only underwear
7) After loading a game, the XP bar graphic appears fully filled and is only updated to the true level after gaining some XP.
8) King Crab, 2nd floor texture, behind Mendius - there's a patch of texture that jitters, possibly because there are two textures over the same wall.

... more to come

Last edited by StSloth; 19/12/13 02:04 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
If you've watched the alpha access stream, swen have stated that the ? items are place holders.

For text bugs or ? that you have reported, I'm just assuming that the assets or models could easily be changed or renamed via their editor so they were asking us not to look for obvious bugs such as this.

What they want us to find are game breaking bug or exploitable bugs that could render the gameplay experience useless.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
S
StSloth Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Yeah that's fine.

What is your opinion re: whether it makes sense to categorise bugs to specific categories?

The category for the gameplay breaking bugs had already been started as "Technical issues". These do not break gameplay, but are still unwanted.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I don't know if it answers your question, but categorizing bugs to specific categories helps the dev determine what to prioritize.

Technical issues is not a bug but more on hardware/software IMO.

An example of exploitable bug is the alchemy trick in Skyrim. It renders all crafting as useless. There's also the leveling exploit in the beginning of the game. I don't know if it was patched since I only played it during the first week of release.

In short, bugs such as this makes the functionality of the game, as intended by the developers, obsolete.

If you played Dragon Commander during Beta, one bug was exploiting discount card + lots of money card. You could build an entire armada. I don't know if it was fixed since I've not played it after the Beta.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"

Link Copied to Clipboard