Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by tastethecourage
In a battle, turning/spinning the camera reveals the ground textures have been lowered to VERY low res, and it noticably takes a moment or two to buffer in the high-res textures. It happens every time I spin the camera around and look the opposite way... all the textures need to buffer back in again.

It looks like RAGE did at first on AMD cards... that horrible texture load-in.

It happens on all settings. I have a fairly nice PC. I haven't had this issue with any other games.

3570k @ 4.0 ghz
670 FTW
8gb ram

I just updated to the newest drivers.

Any ideas? Please tell me this texture load in isn't "normal". It happens whenever I pan the camera at all. Constantly.

Please Larian can you help me out?

The game is only taking up around 950mb of video ram, yet it is refusing to keep textures loaded! When I turn the camera around, all of the textures are extremely blurry and buffer back in. There is NO reason for this to happen, I have a 2.0gb card.... why not keep the textures loaded up?

stranger
stranger
I recently purchased DDC from the Steam sale a little while back and I have a
few questions concerning performance; frame rate specifically.

Even on low settings with a faux widescreen resolution (such as 1366x768), I have slow down during battles,
especially during the dragon form's forward boost. Even my max FPS in the main base is only about 35.

I've ran the DDC support tool, and everything seems to check out hardware wise. Actual performance
seems to contradict that verdict, however.

Main specs are:
Intel Core i7-4930MX CPU @ 3GHZ
GeForce GTX 780M
16 GB RAM
Windows 7 Home; 64 bit

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.
(One last thing; I'm not sure if it matters, but I am trying to run this on a laptop.)

Support
Support

Does your laptop also have integrated graphics? If so, check the nvidia control panel and make sure the game is set to use the the GeForce graphics (screenshot).

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game?

stranger
stranger
Ahhh, that fixed it. The control panel was set to auto-select,
and it was apparently selecting the integrated graphics over the
GeForce card.

This will also solve a few other performance issues that I couldn't
figure out.

Thank you kindly, Raze. I greatly appreciate your help.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Hi. I bought DDC a couple of days ago and I can't change resolution. Game runs in 800x600. In video options, list of aviliable resolutions is empty, so I can't choose another one. Editing graphicSettings.lsx didn't help, game still starts in 800x600.

Last edited by b0g4rt; 05/01/14 06:30 AM.
Support
Support

Try right clicking on the (non-Steam) shortcut for the game (or for any version on the DCApp.exe file in the ..\Divinity Dragon Commander\Shipping\ folder) and selecting 'Run as administrator', and see if that gets any resolutions to show up in the options. You can also right click, select Properties and in the Compatibility tab try some compatibility modes (and in Win 7 maybe disable desktop composition).

Did you try switching display modes? Try deleting or renaming the graphicSettings.lsx file to get the game to recreate it the next time it is started.

I assume your desktop is at something higher that 800x600... You can try changing your desktop resolution. One person had a particular resolution missing from the graphics options list, but changing their desktop resolution to that got it to show up in the game, and they then changed their desktop resolution back.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Thank you. Changing desktop resolution helped

T
stranger
stranger
T
I've been having a problem with producing units during battles; the progress bar just keeps going past the end of the box and the units are never produced. This is somewhat game breaking.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=185746555

This is a screenshot of the issue taken by another user with the same problem.

Support
Support

One person reported that making an exception in their firewall for the game fixed that unit production bug.

One person had this happen for a specific battle, but they used some mercenary cards and auto-resolved it, and it didn't re-occur. Another with occasional problems said it only happened after playing for a few hours, so as long as they made periodic saves they could restart the game and continue normally if it happened again.

If that doesn't help, please email supportdc@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the Dragon Commander support tool.

I
stranger
stranger
I
Originally Posted by Bansheedragon
Originally Posted by Larian_QA
We found a new issue, that install folders with a "." will crash on starting a new campaign and will have many other issues (like missing skill icons) because it cannot find certain game files.

Temporary solution is to remove the "." in your install path.

I tried renaming my install folder as stated, even if I don't got this crash issue. But every icon (skill/unit/building) in my version of Dragon Commander (pre-order from GOG.com) seems to be nonexistent... only a blank background is showing.
Everything else works fine.

same problem here. Already verified the files and tried to change the folder name, but didn't work.

stranger
stranger
Hey there. I purchased DDC just over a week ago, and have had a really annoying issue. Every time I try to load the game up, it just barely manages to get past showing the Larian logo, before completely crashing on me and going to desktop. I've tried every possible solution to this problem: restarting it in windowed, resetting the config files, uninstalling and re-installing it, and nothing solves the issue. The support tool claims there's nothing wrong with anything, yet the game doesn't even make it to the main menu before crashing. I doubt i'd get a reply considering how long it's been since the last post, but it would mean a lot if someone got back to me. I really was looking forward to playing DDC and I don't want it to be a situation in which I bought a game that was 100% useless.

Thanks.

Support
Support

Did you already email supportdc@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the Dragon Commander support tool?

I'm not sure what else to suggest, that you have not tried already or mentioned above...

stranger
stranger
@Raze

I have, yes. After exhausting every option I ran the support tool and made a brief email to the one you mentioned. I attached the report to the email and sent it off, only I haven't heard a word since.

Perhaps I should try again?

J
stranger
stranger
J
So whenever I try to install using Steam I get an error message that states: An error occurred while installing Divinity: Dragon Commander (missing content manifest)

No clue what this even means.

Support
Support

Exit out of Steam, and then in Windows Explorer, browse to the '..\SteamApps' folder where you are trying to install the game (to check that, in the client click the Steam menu, select Settings, and then in the Downloads section, click the Steam Library Folder button).
After that, delete or rename the appmanifest_243950.acf file, and you should be able to restart Steam and install the game. If you have Windows Explorer in details view (right click an open area of the right pane), sorting by date may make it easier to find, or if the majority of your installed library are older titles, it would be near the bottom when sorted by name.

If that doesn't help (it should), try changing your Download Region or speed, or Refresh Your Steam Files and reboot your computer.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard