Next Thread
Print Thread
#479731 23/01/14 02:21 PM
rez368 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Anyone else had this problem?
After accepting both the warrior in the bar and the demon hunter in the library into my party they just continue standing there with no further dialogue possible.
I don't know if I'm missing something or have to complete a certain quest first.DUNNO. Possible bug perhaps?

veteran
veteran
No, it's a bug of some kind too. It happened in a game I played. I think in co-op, maybe the host has to talk to Madora and the guest has to talk to Jahan.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by rez368
Anyone else had this problem?
After accepting both the warrior in the bar and the demon hunter in the library into my party they just continue standing there with no further dialogue possible.
I don't know if I'm missing something or have to complete a certain quest first.DUNNO. Possible bug perhaps?

Same here in coop, we have both of those and we can't take either of them with us, not me (the host) nor my partner, they just don't come with, even though their conversation options make it seem they're in the group and you can tell them to leave.

We just stopped playing for now.

Last edited by Pheace; 23/01/14 04:20 PM.
addict
addict
I had the same problem with my Coop-game where my friend first took over the man and than the woman. I talked to both but they were just standing there. But i could talk with them about what i did. Seems to be connected to the already mentioned bug that friends cant hire companions.

P
stranger
stranger
P
forgot to mention here that whenever we talk to these henchmen, when closing the conversation randomly it adds like +1 bold and other stats like that sometimes, like there was a significant conversation, even though it often is just opening chat with him and telling him and saying I'm taking my leave.

X
stranger
stranger
X
I have the same problem. Can't hire any henchmen, they just stay in place and do nothing.

old hand
old hand
Is this all in multiplayer only or also in single player? I can't seem to do this in single player..

Tweeting @forktong
Support
Support

It can happen in single player, as well. In my game (IIRC started in 1.0.93 or 95) they would say they joined, but they don't get a portrait and do not follow. Dismissing them works, and they go to the King Crab inn (no homestead at the time), where they will rejoin, but stay where they are.

veteran
veteran
I'm having the same problem. Henchman act like they join, but the portrait does not appear and they don't follow me when I move. I can talk to them again and dismiss them, and then ask them to join the party again, but the result is the same. This is playing single player.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I haven't been able to get mercenaries to join since the last patch as well.

apprentice
apprentice
Got the problem too. I asked both to join they agreed. But nothing happens they won't follow and there is no picture of them next to my main characters. I can dismiss them that they will go to the hot homestead.
This bug sucks because i need them to survive outside of the town. frown

Support
Support

I deleted my saves (the entire '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin' folder, actually), started a new game in 1.0.102, and had no problems this time recruiting both companions. I originally just deleted my saves and the '..\LevelCache\Cyseal.lsb' file, but the game didn't recreate it the next time it started, so I got an error when I tried to save. I deleted all the older saves before I started a new game in 1.0.93/95, so my guess is something got carried over from the LevelCache folder.

Link Copied to Clipboard