Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 18 1 2 14 15 16 17 18
F
apprentice
apprentice
F
I don't know if this is mentioned but, when one of your characters is down, and he/she levels up in that state his health will go full, but he will remain dead.. teleporting just brings along his grave... resurrection scroll cannot be used.... so If you level up in battle make sure both characters are alive.

When you pick up an item at esmeraldas shop, and say no just looking ect.. Esmeralda is acting very suicidal. She gets the standard NPC script and one of those also says I think her wife esmaralda should be hung.. coming out of the mouth of esmeralda herself

I font know if this is a bug or not. but when confronting the duke about the letter. everyone in the INN starts attacking you, when you do flee and come back you will have -40 attitude with everyone in that room..

When you have Evelyn's pouch and try to right click it you see inventory like barrel pop up for a half a second with a key in it but it closes so fast automatically that you cant pick it up

Also In general because we are testing it and accidentally don't stick to the story... your characters seems to know a lot before they are even informed about it.

Last edited by Fedayin; 02/02/14 09:06 PM.
veteran
veteran
1) Worldbuilding Needed: What is Jake a Councilor of? It’s never made clear. The Council of Seven? What is the council of seven? Do they have any power? What are they doing about the Orc aggression? Is there an Orc on the council? What’s his/her position? Is it “All tribes can do what they want, there’s no solid leadership, just tribe leadership”. Is it “I told them to stand down and they won’t listen for some reason” Is it “I support the invasion.” Any other Councilors have stances of interest?

2) There’s no conversation between the source hunters after Esmerelda points you towards Evelyn. Right now, the Source Hunters have no option to decide that they don't believe Evelyn. Okay fine, but they also don't give any indication why they SHOULD believe Evelyn. They just say nothing.

If you don't want to do a dual-dialogue about which (or both) of the Source Hunters believes Esmeralda or doesn't, maybe they could have neutral "Always say" fixed lines about how they "may as well look into her just to be thourough - if only so Esmerelda’s defender at trial can’t claim sloppy work".

3) If you have managed to reach the trap platform in the black cove before first encountering a Star Stone – so you have no way to escape – pop up a message: “Your adventure ends here…” like you get in Choose-your-own-adventure books.

4) When you find the letter from the duke of Ferol, the second person to speak should put on/take off sunglasses before they say “To be fair, it’s hard to find a good rhyme… for murder.” YEAAAAAAAHHHHHH!
(This last one is a joke)

veteran
veteran
5) Frozen status should grant the victim extra armour. This differentiates it from other paralyzing status effects, in that it renders the target helpless, but harder to kill. (I'd also still like a "Chilled" status that halves Recovery AP and Movement until it expires.

6) Charm and Fear may possibly be too powerful. Maybe lower the chance of Charm succeeding slightly. EDIT: Oh WOW, are they ever overpowered. The base chance for Charm and Fear to succeed is 50%. FIFTY! Charm takes one enemy and makes them an ally for a few turns, and Fear can affect an entire group. Madora starts with Terror, which has a 100% chance of inflicting Fear! Even if you lower the chances of these working, they're still powerful when they do land. 50% and 100% chances are too high.

7) Is it even possible to have skills available in two ways? Phoenix Dive was moved from Fire to Warrior, requiring Way of the Warrior 3, and that's okay, it is a great Warrior skill... but is it possible to have that skill require EITHER Way of the Warrior 3 OR Fire Elementalist 3? Early builds suggested that kind of thing was what the game was going for, but I'm not sure if it's still possible.

Last edited by Stabbey; 04/02/14 04:07 AM. Reason: Fear and charm
veteran
veteran
I want to read the books in Esmeraldas shop, but she dont like this. So I shoot a fireball to the bottom near Esmeralda. She only say "be careful". After the next fireball she is dead!
So I can read her books!

Alixdragon -==(UDIC)==-
Der einzige Mensch, der Dir im Weg steht, bist Du.
veteran
veteran
- I Have 2 points into Sneak, plus 1 form Pussyfooter, plus 1 from Timid… even though I have 4 Timid and 0 Bold. How many points in Timid do I need to get another rank in Sneak?

- There is very little difference in enemy “detection ranges” between 0 points in Sneak and 5 points into Sneak, something like 4.5 meters. That’s very little for 15 Ability points worth of investment (even I did only invest 6.)

- Firefly’s radius is now pretty huge… but so is its AP cost. It’s a big enough radius to make it obnoxious to move around for your party. Maybe cut the radius in half, and lower the AP cost to 5? An “upgraded” version of Firefly could use the same properties as the current version.

- Using Flare on an Ice surface does not work properly: It produces a fire surface, instead of a water surface like it should.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I have a suggestion and a bug report.

The suggestion would be in Reginald's dialogue after giving him a tip. I was thinking you could have a bit of an extra dialogue line, or just an option where you go "It's called a tip, you ingrate!"

The bug report though, I'm not sure how many people came across this so you can ignore it. In the middle of a dialogue with Arhu, perhaps even with the trade window open, I load to another saved game. So when I talk to someone else, the dialogue window becomes merged with what was supposed to be Arhu's.

veteran
veteran
  • Story Bug: (main quest spoilers]
    Someone’s got their wires crossed, because Arhu says two mystery cloaked people entered the inn room, and then later a woman did, after which there was a commotion. Jake says he entered a room with two people. Did Arhu confuse Jake for a woman, or did he miss Jake entering and the woman was Evelyn, or is Jake’s dialogue wrong?
  • The AP point reduction for Intelligence is either not working, or requires a ridiculous amount of points. Even with 10 Int, my spell costs are the same. If I need more points to reduce the cooldown, there's no way that I'll be able to get more than 1 or 2 points reduction.
  • Chain Lightning (9 Int, 3 Air Elementalist) and Infectious Flame (10 Int, 4 Fire Elementalist) are really overpowered, one-shotting level 5 enemies. I think that those spells should not do much more damage than the same level Blitzbolt and Flare would: the benefit of using them is that they can do that same damage to multiple targets.
  • The graphics of Infectious flame need a better look. Right now it’s the same as Flare, and that's really no good. The icon shows a narrow band of flame bursting through targets. That looks cool, make the graphic like that instead of Flare.
  • The Undead need higher resistances, to encourage appropriate weapon selection. Right now I think that they have about a 15% slashing or piercing resistance, and that's not enough to discourage me from laying waste with Madora's huge starting sword.
  • Related to the above, please add in two-handed Crushing Damage weapons, and Dexterity-based, low-damage, 2 AP "Blackjacks" which you can 'backstab' with, to supply a source of crushing damage to backstabber types.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Stabbey

[*] The AP point reduction for Intelligence is either not working, or requires a ridiculous amount of points. Even with 10 Int, my spell costs are the same. If I need more points to reduce the cooldown, there's no way that I'll be able to get more than 1 or 2 points reduction.

I saw my AP costs reduced but it reverted on reload even though my intelligence stayed at the same level.

[*] Chain Lightning (9 Int, 3 Air Elementalist) and Infectious Flame (10 Int, 4 Fire Elementalist) are really overpowered, one-shotting level 5 enemies. I think that those spells should not do much more damage than the same level Blitzbolt and Flare would: the benefit of using them is that they can do that same damage to multiple targets.

To me the issue with Chain lightning isn't so much the damage, it's the relatively short cooldown and AP cost. You can constantly spam it with a lvl 6ish character and constantly keep half the field stunned. It needs to cost more AP(probably 2 more) and to have a cooldown of at least 2 rounds.

Or alternatively decrease the damage, leave the AP the same and still increase the cooldown to 2 rounds.

Last edited by SniperHF; 06/02/14 10:52 PM.
addict
addict
ok, here is a post from a friend of mine experience (not mine, I am still testing the new version)
first bad point (and I saw there is a topic about that) he is a bit frustrated that there are only few combat before reaching cyseal and then in cyseal you have a loooooong gaming session without any fight (except it you get caught stealing or attack people) few more combat should be interesting (and IMO, yes few other optionnal combat should be added)
talking about progression, he feels that you are not really free of doing what you want, when you can finally leave cyseal, the level of the monsters is kinna hard so he had to go back in town to do few quest to lvl up (euh personnally, my friend and I did a lot of optionnal quest and the main quest until we found out who was the murderer before leaving cyseal, and still the fights were not so easy...)
guideline to up your character in the way you selected it should be added (I like to build it myself personnally, but he was completely lost about where should he put his talent and trait points and so on...)

well I will still play a bit more before talking about my game

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Chaotica

talking about progression, he feels that you are not really free of doing what you want, when you can finally leave cyseal, the level of the monsters is kinna hard so he had to go back in town to do few quest to lvl up (euh personnally, my friend and I did a lot of optionnal quest and the main quest until we found out who was the murderer before leaving cyseal, and still the fights were not so easy...)

With or without henchmen? Makes a pretty big difference in the current build.

addict
addict
good question, for my part, now that I know how to get the 2 henchmen (and as I figured that out before leaving cyseal in my first game), for my friend I don't know, I will ask him.
And still with the 2 henchmen it is not sooooo easy considering that I completed a shitload of quests
(well it was not hard neither, the ice wizzard is just cheated ^^)

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
old hand
old hand
Been compiling some of my general observations since Alpha release, figured I'd dump them in here.

1. The frozen water and in general other elemental status effects take too long to dissipate outside of combat. Trying to grab Items in the middle of a frozen sheet of ice is really annoying without fire spells.

2. I've often noticed my vitality going above maximum levels. Not sure what causes this.
see This Picture

3. When exploring around, encountering enemies can often make for 2-3 completely dead turns from the trailing characters. The rest of the party is too far away from the lead character and it takes a lot of AP to catch up sometimes. This makes for a couple of completely uneventful turns. If making the rest of the party follow closer is not an option I would like to see a catch up mechanism. Perhaps a toggle on screen you can use to increase your AP but the only action you can perform with them is movement. Otherwise it makes skills like Phoenix Dive and Rush a requirement. Characters without those skill sets like pure survivors or wizards can't do this.

4. I would like to see spell scrolls have a better tactical use then just as a substitute for having the skill. Right now scrolls cost almost as much as the skill itself in gold. This makes them instant sell items for me. Right now I only see them as valuable if you have no wizard or to cast spells you can't learn yet. So once you have the spell learned from a book that makes the scroll version of it a garbage sale item.

5. I agree with Stabbey about the 2 handed crushing weapon issue. There should be some giant mauls or something. But I disagree on the crushing weapon for back stabbing. That seems like an appropriate trade off for picking a back stabbing weapon to me. Since it's still just a 1 handed weapon you can go with a club.

6. Staff of Pergamon recovery needs a dual dialog screen. Perhaps one party member would prefer to keep it.

7. Picture of Health seems to powerful. Drop it to 10%.

8. Splitting arrow needs some sort of a visual aid other than the red outlines. Perhaps a cone with an arrow of the fire direction.

9. Weapon skill investments don't seem to have a corresponding benefit for their cost. Right now since everything is attribute based it's too easy to switch weapons around without much consequences. My two handed sword user can switch to a 1 handed club without any ill effects at all. The slight damage boost is not enough incentive for upgrading your weapon skills heavily. My suggestion would be to move the chance to hit bonus from the attribute over to the skill side.

That way a high strength character can use weapons that make sense for a strength character. And the skill level represents a level of training boosting your efficiency with that weapon. This way you face a clear penalty for switching away from your chosen discipline. But not make everything unusable like the old level locks.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
They have said there will be a formation option coming. But until then if you have the teleporter pyramids you can use those to regroup your party. I think it only costs a couple AP to use and that gathers everyone on the lead (assuming your lead has the other pyramid).

I would like to think there will be an option to keep the Staff as well.

Splitting Arrow does need work. I also hope they add a Rain of Arrows skill. Arrow skills are underdeveloped as is. I would hope we could have skills that would be similar to the different types of arrows that can be bought/crafted.

veteran
veteran
I was going to complain about how the Shield Expertise ability seemed kinda lame because all other weapon specializations only need 1 ability. Instead, I decided to try it out: I'm playing a two-warrior build. One will boost 1H and Shields, one will boost 1H only. They'll get the same attributes and talents at the same time, and I'll see if maxing shield expertise is really worthwhile. It adds 5% blocking per level, so I'll see if that +25% blocking makes a noticable difference.

I will still suggest automatically adding some kind of Shield Bashing skill for putting points into Shield Expertise. Hmmm... Maybe it does one round of Stun per level of Shield Expertise (but the AP cost also rises with points into Shield Expertise)?

How does this sound:

Shield Bash (Requires Shield Expertise 1)
Shield Expertise Rank 1: Shield Bash stuns for 1 turn(s). AP: 5 Cooldown: 4 turns
Shield Expertise Rank 2: Stuns for 2 turn(s). AP: 6 Cooldown: 4 turns
Shield Expertise Rank 3: Stuns for 3 turn(s). AP: 6 Cooldown: 5 turns
Shield Expertise Rank 4: Stuns for 4 turn(s). AP: 7 Cooldown: 5 turns
Shield Expertise Rank 5: Stuns for 5 turn(s). AP: 8 Cooldown: 6 turns

Originally Posted by SniperHF
Been compiling some of my general observations since Alpha release, figured I'd dump them in here.

1. The frozen water and in general other elemental status effects take too long to dissipate outside of combat. Trying to grab Items in the middle of a frozen sheet of ice is really annoying without fire spells.

I agree, although I'm sure that's just a bug with certain causes of ice. Ice from Winterbreath and Ice Shard melts properly.

Poison from killed undead also sticks around forever.

4. I would like to see spell scrolls have a better tactical use then just as a substitute for having the skill. Right now scrolls cost almost as much as the skill itself in gold. This makes them instant sell items for me. Right now I only see them as valuable if you have no wizard or to cast spells you can't learn yet. So once you have the spell learned from a book that makes the scroll version of it a garbage sale item.

One use for them is to cast the spell again while the spell is still on cooldown.

5. I agree with Stabbey about the 2 handed crushing weapon issue. There should be some giant mauls or something. But I disagree on the crushing weapon for back stabbing. That seems like an appropriate trade off for picking a back stabbing weapon to me. Since it's still just a 1 handed weapon you can go with a club.

The Blackjack would essentially be in all respects just a crushing-damage version of the dagger. Same AP cost, same low damage, same inherent backstabbing ability.

The reason why I want that is because I ALSO want the resistances of the undead increased to something like 50% resistance to slashing/piercing. Right now, daggers work fine backstabbing against the undead - not amazingly well, but acceptably well. However, if the resistances get boosted like I hope, that will mean much less damage - even with a backstab, and Rogues won't be very viable against a LOT of the enemies in the alpha.

Daggers are dexterity based, and I'm sure that Clubs are Strength based (and they can't backstab by default).

6. Staff of Pergamon recovery needs a dual dialog screen. Perhaps one party member would prefer to keep it.

That does sound like a good idea, trigger a one-time dual dialogue if someone tries to give it back, but if someone tries to give it back again, it's auto-given back?

9. Weapon skill investments don't seem to have a corresponding benefit for their cost. Right now since everything is attribute based it's too easy to switch weapons around without much consequences. My two handed sword user can switch to a 1 handed club without any ill effects at all. The slight damage boost is not enough incentive for upgrading your weapon skills heavily. My suggestion would be to move the chance to hit bonus from the attribute over to the skill side.

That way a high strength character can use weapons that make sense for a strength character. And the skill level represents a level of training boosting your efficiency with that weapon. This way you face a clear penalty for switching away from your chosen discipline. But not make everything unusable like the old level locks.

I agree with this as well. I paid attention once when I boosted my 2H weapon skill, and it increased my minimum and maximum damage by a whopping 2. Yay, that was sure worth all those AB points.

Last edited by Stabbey; 08/02/14 02:37 AM. Reason: shield bash
veteran
veteran
Swen already mentioned that they'll be tweaking the leveling curve:

Game Length
Originally Posted by "Lar”
You'll soon see us experiment with the level curve so don't draw any conclusions from what levels are available in Cyseal for the moment.

But I just want to say that's a very good idea.

In a run I started today, I killed the crabs, the orcs outside the harbour, and then the undead on the hill outside the west gate and that was enough to get everyone to level 3. Three combat encounters and I'm already level 3.

A couple requests:

Level Design: The "Abandoned House" clearly has a second story visible from the outside, but no stairs inside.

UI: Summons should display the turns they have remaining until they vanish on their portrait.

Story:
I’d like a dialogue option to ask Esmeralda and the Duke of Ferol their alibi for the night of the murder. It doesn’t have to be a big one, I know that they aren’t going to have one, but they are the prime suspects, and so it’s a pretty big omission to not be able to ask them a basic question like “where were you the night of the murder”. I’ll note that according to the key witness
Jake, he went to the King Crab to look for Esmerelda (which means that according to Jake, she was not at home)
– however,
I suspect that Jake’s story is a pack of lies anyway

Brainstorming ideas for a possible "Way of the Cleric" skill:

- AP cost for Healing/Buff/Debuff spells reduced by 1?
- Cooldown for Healing/Buff/Debuff spells reduced by 1?
- Gain some kind of Resistance for one turn after casting a buff spell?
“Spill no Blood” - +10-15% extra damage when using Crushing weapons (or Mace/club-type weapons?).
“Turn thy cheek” – Increased chance to evade attacks for one round if you did not attack or casting an offensive spell. (Sounds like it could be too complex and require scripting.)
“Heal Thyself” – Casting a healing spell on an ally also heals the cleric for a small amount (10-20% of the power of the healing spell?).
“Faith” – Gain +50% armour when your health is below 30%.

Last edited by Stabbey; 18/02/14 05:23 AM. Reason: combat encounters
veteran
veteran
More v147 Feedback:

- I like the change to Precision Stance. Not only is the chance to hit bonus actually useful now at normal combat ranges, the +2 AP cost is a much better tradeoff.

- When status affects like Charm or Silence are cast on PC's, they get two chances to save: Once when the enemy first inflicts the status, and if that fails, they get a second chance when their turn comes up. That seems to be a bit too easy. Maybe change the code so that they only get a saving throw if one of their turns has passed after the status was inflicted.

- The smallest crossbows I could find required 10 Dexterity to use. Well okay, fine. I started with 8 and waited until level 4 before I could use the point in Crossbow I started out with. But even the early crossbow is hugely damaging. Even if you make smaller ones available earlier, I think that might be too powerful for level 4. You could get it at level 1 with 10 starting DEX.

- Ranger skills are hilariously broken in the case of Crossbows. One balance for crossbows high damage is the high AP cost… but Ranger skills AP cost is the same for both bow and crossbow, and its REALLY low compared to a crossbow’s normal attack. The Crossbow's higher base AP cost should be taken into account when using Ranger skills.

- We really could use an indication on the character's portrait for when your weapon breaks. It's easy to lose track of the durability and forget about it, not realizing for a while that your weapon is in fact broken.

Last edited by Stabbey; 20/02/14 03:32 AM. Reason: broken weapon
D
stranger
stranger
D
After playing a bit more with a ranger, mage, and the 2 companions I feel like the balance has been turned on it's head.

My ranger is crazy powerful and that's without even using Crossbows. He gets a good amount of AP so he can launch several attacks that result in a ton of damage overall.

Madora's damage seems reasonable given equipment she can wear. Fear is pretty nice though.

Spells feel a little weak now. It's somewhat mitigated by AoE spells, but I feel they need to be tuned in between last patch and where we are today.

Also, I really wish I had any idea what Leadership did (buff icons, tooltip info, or something).

Suggestion to improve the the dialogue and story line:

- When arresting Robert the guard came out of his room and they vanish back to his room. (I hope that's not the final).

(The guard should come out of the stairs and both should vanish down the stairs, also hope they add a pause into your character to see important conversations with NPC's, I almost killed Robert as he wasn't interacting, than after 5-10 seconds the guard appear out of Robert's room).

I love old games where they pause your character for important information from an NPC, will this have the same feature? There dialogue should appear also instead of the bubble of text above their head (Or make the camera turn to them with their speech dialogue above their head).

Last edited by Texoru; 23/02/14 01:18 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Chaotica
ok, here is a post from a friend of mine experience (not mine, I am still testing the new version)
first bad point (and I saw there is a topic about that) he is a bit frustrated that there are only few combat before reaching cyseal and then in cyseal you have a loooooong gaming session without any fight (except it you get caught stealing or attack people) few more combat should be interesting (and IMO, yes few other optionnal combat should be added)
guideline to up your character in the way you selected it should be added (I like to build it myself personnally, but he was completely lost about where should he put his talent and trait points and so on...)

well I will still play a bit more before talking about my game

I really agree with your friend.
Cyseal = long boring mandatory inquiry part. You have to stay there because of the undead packs. NAd I am not the stealing or murdering people kind of player...

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
addict
addict
Shield Bash (Requires Shield Expertise 1)
Shield Expertise Rank 1: Shield Bash stuns for 1 turn(s). AP: 5 Cooldown: 4 turns
Shield Expertise Rank 2: Stuns for 2 turn(s). AP: 6 Cooldown: 4 turns
Shield Expertise Rank 3: Stuns for 3 turn(s). AP: 6 Cooldown: 5 turns
Shield Expertise Rank 4: Stuns for 4 turn(s). AP: 7 Cooldown: 5 turns
Shield Expertise Rank 5: Stuns for 5 turn(s). AP: 8 Cooldown: 6 turns

rank 5 is supposed to be legendary ? If so, make it very hard to gain, and really powerfull. It might give a greater sense of achievemnt to the player.

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
Page 16 of 18 1 2 14 15 16 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard