D
daveyd Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A Kickstarter for a game called Zaharia launched last week. They have a pre-alpha playable prototype that you can DL. I think this game looks really promising and I'm always looking for more cRPGs that are not in the standard Tolkien style fantasy setting. And it has turn-based tactical battles, which is my favorite.

Some of the proposed features:
• Real time stealth system
• Nonlinearity in the narrative and interpretative aspects, allowing the player not only to choose which quest to start from, without urgent obligations, but also to make a lot of choices and then solve a problem in more than one way;
• A Fallout-like open world;
• Lots of choices and consequences that dynamically influence the context of the game;
• A huge variety of abilities and statistics to manage, in order to craft and personalize one’s own alter-ego in every possible aspect;
• An original setting created from scratch, completely different from the usual fantasy worlds and inspired to the late Medieval Persia and Arabia;
• Living NPCs, provided with an IA that allows them to react dynamically to the player’s actions and to create really deep interpersonal relationships;
• No fillers, like useless fights, made to extend the game’s longevity in artificial ways;
• Presence of mature themes like slavery, sexuality, racism, theology, philosophy, morality, politics, and so on;
• Five main factions to choose, each one deeply characterized and different from the others;
• Innovative magic system that turns mages into something different from just portable siege machines;
• Fights are not mandatory in most cases, and it won’t be necessary to use a character who excels at combat to end the game;
• Tons of multiple choice dialogues, in order to grant the player a large range of interpretations;
• No moral dualism.

I'm pretty excited about this game but worried they won't reach their funding goal.. At least not without a few more recommendations from successful KS campaigns.

They also have a Steam Greenlight Page.

Last edited by daveyd; 26/02/14 05:51 PM.
veteran
veteran
Not keen on the turn based thing, but wish them luck, anyway.

The greater the variety of RPGs the better, IMO.

Please click the banner...
stranger
stranger
I agree, daveyd, it looks promising. I like the atmosphere, the music, the Medieval setting that's a little bit different from their European counterparts...
There looks to be a revival of isometric, turn-based games going on, mostly instigated by independent game developers. I like that, this is definitely a type of game I would like to play.
Best of luck to these guys.

D
daveyd Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Originally Posted by KillingMoon
I agree, daveyd, it looks promising. I like the atmosphere, the music, the Medieval setting that's a little bit different from their European counterparts...
There looks to be a revival of isometric, turn-based games going on, mostly instigated by independent game developers. I like that, this is definitely a type of game I would like to play.
Best of luck to these guys.

Yeah I really want this game to be made.

Btw, even if you're not into backing KS projects or don't have any spare money right now, you can still help by giveing them a yes vote on their Steam Greenlight page:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=229301459

Last edited by daveyd; 26/02/14 05:50 PM.
stranger
stranger
I opened a Kickstarter account and pledged £12, I wouldn't have known about this game without your post,so thanks for that, you've certainly done your bit.
I've let Kickstarter pass me by all the time, I never backed Divinity Original Sin or Expeditions; Conquistador and right now I feel sorry about that. Those games deserved my backing, but they escaped my attention.

I've played a bit of Zaharia's demo and read some of the ideas those guys have with their game. They might be trying to cram too many features into their game because of youthful enthousiasm. It could end up somewhat unwieldy, unfocused, as more isn't always better, but even then the result should be very rewarding for players who have the patience to take it all in.

I'll give them a vote on Steam as well, although Steam won't be my favourite channel of access.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard