Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
enthusiast
enthusiast
But doesn't that mean you don't have am mouse wheel either? How the heavens are you browsing the internet and this forum without a mouse wheel? ;P

Either way, you can try your luck in

SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\PlayerProfiles

and look whether changing the xml in EOC works or not. DEFAULT specifies keys, but only EOC somehow assigns them to game-actions.

Look for middlemousebutton and try to replace with a key that's not in use?

No idea if it works

veteran
veteran
How are you going to hold and (especially this!) *move around* a keyboard button?

Answer; You don't...

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
How are you going to hold and (especially this!) *move around* a keyboard button?

Answer; You don't...

Of course you *could* ;p Hold key, but move mouse.

No mouse-wheel only means no zoom, you can rotate just fine whether it's a mouse button or a keyboard button.

I just don't know whether that works in this game or not, but in theory it does work just fine ;p

T
stranger
stranger
T
The rotation hack in config.lsx doesn't seem to work after recent update. I did notice the new update did NOT create a config.lsx in the same place. And the new file it created, graphicSettings.lsx has no camerarotation entry.

EDIT: OKAY.. it works.. the config.lsx file has moved to your PlayerProfiles folder for your profile

Last edited by thorpemark; 25/04/14 03:22 PM.
stranger
stranger
Awesome: that fixes one of my pet hates about the game. Now if they will only give us WASD to control movement instead of the camera then I actually enjoy playing it!

Sunjammer
Code Monkey
Divinity Engine Wiki
mfr Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Thanks for finding and documenting this fix. It sorts out one of the few aspects of the UI which I have had problems with. I find a 90° setting gives me just the right amount of flexibility for most situations.

Someone must have spiked her senna pod drink!
apprentice
apprentice
There are lots of nice things you can do in that config file xD

ok
journeyman
journeyman
it is a shame I don't seem to have the config file. only .lsx file is the language.lsx

Any ideas?

apprentice
apprentice
Most people probably open it with notepad, but I've always used a program called Scite editor to open these kinds of weird files, because it organizes the information nice and neat so you can easily find the few things you want. Scite Editor Download

Last edited by dopefisher; 10/05/14 12:22 AM.

ok
Support
Support
Originally Posted by NinjaSteave
it is a shame I don't seem to have the config file.

With the addition of profiles the folder path changed to a lower level, but it is still there. I'll edit the OP...

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Didn't see it mentioned here, but I wonder how easy it would be to implement a 360 degree view only when combat is active. That way, it would provide the flexibility that most people desire in combat situations while keeping the primary view that was designed for most scenes.

stranger
stranger
I've done this tweak and it's awesome! It makes it hard to understand why it was so limited to begin with. It would be nice to have this implemented in the final game and maybe have it auto turn to certain points of interest or important story elements. If not it will probably get modded in anyway.

7,18,1,22,5, ,4,1,14,3,5,18
old hand
old hand
Oh this will make life so much better in the game, especially with problems I've encountered in combat. Thanks for the tip!

I think by default we can have better camera rotation. I knew there was something I wanted to ask for and couldn't think of!

The reason why Larian has the restriction is due to the fact they want the game to have a retro feel to it like back when all games were stuck in a fixed isometric view. I'm sure once some of the minor glitching issues are resolved, this won't be a huge desire any more for a 360 degree view.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 10/05/14 11:08 PM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by LightningLockey
The reason why Larian has the restriction is due to the fact they want the game to have a retro feel to it like back when all games were stuck in a fixed isometric view.

When did someone from Larian tell you that? I seem to remember them saying specifically that it was to minimize the art work necessary to render things in detail from all directions, making it easier for both them and modders to design areas.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
enthusiast
enthusiast
@4verse BRAVO BRAVO! thankyou

@Larian Team-Please please make it possible, because with this fix game becomes more dense and more beutiful!! Honestly it`s great pain to control camera in 30 limit and it seems for me if I tried asleep in a tiny metal box

Personally I`m ready to wait one more year,to give your time for polishing world in 360-ish,though I didn`t find any missing textures ,models or etc...It`s look good IMSHO

Suggestion:Adding of feature to browse our Heroes at 360 in customization screen ,likewise NWN 2

Last edited by James 540; 11/05/14 05:08 AM.

Experience is a hard master but a good teacher-Proverb of RPG player (c)
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Windemere
Originally Posted by LightningLockey
The reason why Larian has the restriction is due to the fact they want the game to have a retro feel to it like back when all games were stuck in a fixed isometric view.

When did someone from Larian tell you that? I seem to remember them saying specifically that it was to minimize the art work necessary to render things in detail from all directions, making it easier for both them and modders to design areas.

It was in Swen's blog probably about two years ago, maybe longer when the game was called Project E. It was before Dragon Commander had an actual name which was quite a few months before D:OS got its name.

Hacking the game like this will have some adverse effects. I set it to about 45 and it seems to be enough to help target enemies and yet not ruin the retro feel.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 11/05/14 08:13 AM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Raze
Originally Posted by NinjaSteave
it is a shame I don't seem to have the config file.

With the addition of profiles the folder path changed to a lower level, but it is still there. I'll edit the OP...

I should have mentioned that I checked that location as well.

I have just realized that no new folder was created when I created my player profile. The only ones there are default and Eoc neither of which have the config.lsx

Support
Support

Did you save a game in your new profile, and change any options (graphics, max quicksave amount, etc)?

journeyman
journeyman
Yes I have half a dozen saves plus the quick saves that all seem to work. Likewise I have changed the sound options but no graphic options as of yet.

*Update* I found it in my documents for some reason.

C:\Users\{Windows profile}\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\PlayerProfiles\{my player profile}

I think I must have done something strange with steam as there are a few other games (not many but enough) so I doubt it is directly related to D:OS

*Edit 1*

Ok so I found the real issue is I seem to have reading comprehension problems and checked my steam folder (the entry for D:OS) instead of actually reading the original post and checking the location it clearly states... Well that solves that.

Last edited by NinjaSteave; 12/05/14 12:08 AM.
H
stranger
stranger
H
Hmm – now I studied all of my previous posters' edits, I modified also my config.lsx according to the very fist posting in this thread.
But: camera rotation doesn't seem to work on my computer?

And: I don't have a "middle mouse button", but I can press my scroll wheel. I do not have anything assigned to this "key" from within my Logitech mouse settings.

Any ideas what else I could try?

Last edited by hdamm13; 09/06/14 04:05 PM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard