Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#498812 09/06/14 09:48 AM
Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I know things are rather chaotic lately with all the fixes being done. Am just curious if the tool kit will still be released with the game on the 30th? .. quite a few things I want to change in my game ^_^

addict
addict
hard work ahead?^^
and no news about it, last time they talked about it the toolkit was ready but they wanted to include tutorials

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
ahh thanks ^^

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Chaotica
last time they talked about it the toolkit was ready but they wanted to include tutorials

If this is the only thing that needs to be done then I'd much rather have an undocumented toolkit release now than a documented one later. If it doesn't interfere with the game release of course smile

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by dubiouschicken
If this is the only thing that needs to be done then I'd much rather have an undocumented toolkit release now than a documented one later. If it doesn't interfere with the game release of course smile

From what Larian has said on this topic before, the reason it's not released is because that will interfere with the game release because the editor will end up swamping QA with a wave of questions about the editor - especially if it's undocumented.

addict
addict
hopefully the tool kit will be released at or soon after game release. cant wait to fiddle around with skills/spells

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
addict
addict
it was planned to be available (firstly planned at the beta but as said above, it lacked documentation and tutorials) at the release

-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Originally Posted by dubiouschicken

From what Larian has said on this topic before, the reason it's not released is because that will interfere with the game release because the editor will end up swamping QA with a wave of questions about the editor - especially if it's undocumented.

Which is why it should probably only be released with documentation wink My fear is that while we may be getting an editor, Larian will forget (or have no time for?) the various other things related to it... like import plugins and export plugins, settings, guidelines and scripts for art creation etc. A guideline to import sounds/textures/models etc. Proper syntax library for the scripting system and more.

Either way, editor is coming and I have no problem if that's a week after release

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yesterday Larian posted a photograph of the Editor on Facebook/Twitter. Will it finally be released this afternoon?
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Lotrotk; 13/06/14 08:37 AM.
addict
addict
I am waiting for the sheep simulator mod XD

-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Link Copied to Clipboard