Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15
I
stranger
stranger
I
I can't actually get a GOG key for some reason. It says Steam key delivered. I never asked for a Steam key, I've got nothing to do with one as well... The whole handling of the GOG side of things has really left me disappointed to be honest.

And I'm not even sure what the status is on my physical copy of the game, is there any way to check?

S
stranger
stranger
S
Hi all,

I am also a backer : 40$ , so my remward is two digital copy of DOS. (steam player)

How can I obtain the second one ?

I enter in game, the code received in my Larianvault account, but after ??

Thx

I
stranger
stranger
I
Thank you for this - this actually answers a lot of questions.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Hello, it would appear that I fall into the group of people that backed kickstarter and my code worked. However my message in a bottle is just a thank you and I do not have any of the other items (the pants, engraver, potion, not on the kickstarter backer list etc). Do we have any info on this or solutions?
Thank you for the assistance.
Terminal Gaijin

edit: I am certain that i had filled out all the appropriate boxes too ^^

Last edited by Terminal Gaijin; 01/07/14 12:53 PM. Reason: important detail
R
stranger
stranger
R
You know there's a real easy solution to the key problems. Generate more for backers that you screwed with the alpha/beta key last minute release bait & switch. This costs you nothing, and earns you good will in the process.

Otherwise I foresee this taking a month or more for this so-called "recall key" option. At which point I'll recall both my alpha/beta keys and throw them in the trash. I don't care about the game at this point, this release fiasco has soured me completely.

This seems to happen far too often with kickstarter games. No wonder why publishers won't support you, you guys can't get your shit together. Somewhere some big evil publisher is snickering at this thread laughing at you guys and us, gullible enough to back a project by people incapable of releasing a game properly.

Last $0.01 I give you guys.

enthusiast
enthusiast
is it a new day yet? And does not "receiving any items at all" qualify as an issue? ;P I guess I'll have to send that email after all

Oh well ;p

D
stranger
stranger
D
I actually am having this problem too. I have not gotten any in-game items at all. Outside of the copy of Dragon Commander, I have not gotten ANYTHING promised from backing this game on kickstarter.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
Anyone notice the GOG version of Original Sin is only going to be 6.4 GB as opposed to Steam's 10GB so what gives? Where's the difference coming for? We're talking of a whooping 3.6 GB extra and that's not the game tool either seeing as that's a separate download. Also what's the deal with the GOG release of the game tool. I am really not in the mood for any more surprises so speak up Larian because so far it's been nothing but kick in the balls after kick in the balls without warning for GOG and DRM-free users.

My friend. You should have noticed by now that the road to DRM-free expirience is wrought with problems and it's usually hard.

In a world of money and free trade, Steam has i would believe a very large portion of the market and it's only natural any developer would be interested to relesae in Steam first and foremost.

GoG's pricing policty might even not give developers a better cut (who knows they doh't have the rates public, aka what percentage GoG or Steam gets from selling one copy of your game)

So yes, i wouldn't expect they release first on GoG and delay steam.

Still, i want my GoG copyyyyyyyyy aaaaaaaaarrrrrrggghhhhhhh

Last edited by My name is Shar; 01/07/14 02:04 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by My name is Shar
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
Anyone notice the GOG version of Original Sin is only going to be 6.4 GB as opposed to Steam's 10GB so what gives? Where's the difference coming for? We're talking of a whooping 3.6 GB extra and that's not the game tool either seeing as that's a separate download. Also what's the deal with the GOG release of the game tool. I am really not in the mood for any more surprises so speak up Larian because so far it's been nothing but kick in the balls after kick in the balls without warning for GOG and DRM-free users.

My friend. You should have noticed by now that the road to DRM-free expirience is wrought with problems and it's usually hard.

In a world of money and free trade, Steam has i would believe a very large portion of the market and it's only natural any developer would be interested to relesae in Steam first and foremost.

GoG's pricing policty might even not give developers a better cut (who knows they doh't have the rates public, aka what percentage GoG or Steam gets from selling one copy of your game)

So yes, i wouldn't expect they release first on GoG and delay steam.

Still, i want my GoG copyyyyyyyyy aaaaaaaaarrrrrrggghhhhhhh

You can use GOG option on the DUO copy if you are stuck with the promise of eventually being able to trade the first one. Once you have Original Sin on your GOG shelf the GOG downloader works and you can download the game that way.

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 01/07/14 02:11 PM.
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Larian: Some comments please?

Last edited by shmerl; 01/07/14 03:21 PM.
P
stranger
stranger
P
Yeah, some kind of communication would be nice.

W
stranger
stranger
W
So, I'm one of the KS early backers that are waiting for my GoG key, but had the beta installed on Steam (since we were supposed to be able to convert it). I've loaded it previously, but decided to wait until it was finished to play through it. I follow the Larian website and it just says come back later to convert your Steam key to a GoG key.

So if I play it on my Steam account in the meanwhile, do I forfeit my GoG account key? Even though GoG is what I've said I've wanted since day 1?

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by lordkosc
I backed the 65$ version of the kickstarter, with 2 copies of D:OS, but I am not sure where to find my 2nd kickstarter potion to give to my friend who I gave my 2nd D:OS key to.

That's my question as well. Do we need to open some kind of support ticket to get the second KS code? (Is there even any way to open a support ticket?)

stranger
stranger
Try putting the same backer code.

Anyway it would be nice to know when will be the possibility to revoke the keys...

Now playing: Earthbound | Last Game: The Legend of Zelda - The Wind Waker HD
MAL | MML
stranger
stranger
From the kickstarter update comment section:
Ceator Larian Studios LLC 1 day ago
Your Kickstarter key works for both your copies of the game.

So as Godot. Said, use the same code twice.
Now I just need to figure out how to actually get the rewards in game. Going to go through the comment section again.

Last edited by Germx; 01/07/14 04:07 PM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Thanks guys. I should have just tried that before asking. ouch

W
journeyman
journeyman
W
What about the KS in game items?

Why don't we have access to these?

GOG have stated that as far as they are concerned the GOG version for multiplayer support won't be ready til August 31ST.. Can I just say that this is FUCKING ABOMINABLE.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by wibble
GOG have stated that as far as they are concerned the GOG version for multiplayer support won't be ready til August 31ST.. Can I just say that this is FUCKING ABOMINABLE.

No, that's actually quite expected. GOG didn't release Galaxy yet, so you can't expect it to be used before it happens. However single player version being delayed for two months because of that - that's already unreasonable and requires explanation. Larian and GOG refuse to comment so far and it starts looking increasingly weird.

Last edited by shmerl; 01/07/14 05:00 PM.
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Oh, GOG actually issued an update just now: https://secure.gog.com/forum/general/divinity_original_sin_on_gogcom_bstatus_updateb

Good news - GOG will release the game in a few days. It was their decision to delay it before, and they admit it was a mistake.

Last edited by shmerl; 01/07/14 05:03 PM.
W
journeyman
journeyman
W
Of course I realise it can't come out if GOG Galaxy isn't out...but they knew last week it wasn't going to make it... Why weren't we at the very least informed of it... do they think it's fun just to let us stew and be disappointed out on release day.

But of course multiplayer is by far not the only problem.

It's all pretty poor.

Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard