Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Bobylein
Originally Posted by RogueDeus

When you load the main mod, and select open level (Cyseal) do you see a normal level or a bunch of floating assets and no terrain height or texture data?

If I load the main mod I see a bunch of floating assets but if I load it in this way:

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=504576

I see a normal level which I can add things to, but not modify existing entities.

Thanks for pointing that out!

"Sooner or later, reality becomes a quaint idea that most 'suffer' only when needed." - RogueDeus
N
addict
addict
N
I've created a tool that might help in fixing the editor; it supports unpacking the .pak files of the game/mods and editing LSX/LSB files (including savegames).
Linky: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32263228/lstools.zip

(note: LSB saving is still experimental, so always backup stuff before you edit!)

Edit:
If the app is not launching because MSVCRT110.dll is missing, install the Visual C++ 2012 runtime (the x86 version): http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

Last edited by Norbyte; 01/07/14 07:45 PM. Reason: VC++ runtime
apprentice
apprentice
Excellent work Norbyte. I managed to unpack all the packs that don't have a number in their name with your tool. For the ones with a number I get an error like this [Linked Image]
The version numbers are different for every pack but they're all very large.

Nevertheless I can load scripts now smile

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
How Larian can release such unfinished product?

P
apprentice
apprentice
P

Last edited by Probe88; 01/07/14 07:25 PM.
U
stranger
stranger
U
Does anyone know a plugin for 3ds max to import .gr2 files?

enthusiast
enthusiast
The editor being unfinished is not surprising wink Give them a few weeks and it will be better, but we really need access to an unpacker that can handle all the pak files, and hope the game supports loose files and loading of said files. Otherwise *editing* the actual main-campaign will be impossible imo. (as far as I can see, anyway)

Assuming the game loads the scripts dynamically as needed we can likely change EVERYTHING we want, assuming we can get the game load loose files, or maybe the unpacker can "pak" and we just number them main_2.pak and it loads that ? (Honestly, at this point I am guessing, I got the editor to load the main campaign fine*

*except I have no floor where it should be in Cysael, rather it clips down at the docks, and everything else is floating.. very weird. I think I am missing something obvious ;P

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by dubiouschicken
For the ones with a number I get an error like this

Thats OK, the Main.pak and Textures.pak are multi-part packages, you only need to extract the main file (Main.pak), the other parts (Main_1, Main_2, ...) are extracted automatically with it.

Originally Posted by eRe4s3r

Assuming the game loads the scripts dynamically as needed we can likely change EVERYTHING we want, assuming we can get the game load loose files, or maybe the unpacker can "pak" and we just number them main_2.pak and it loads that ?

It seems that the engine prioritizes unpacked files over packed ones, thats why creating a Main folder inside Mods prevents the main campaign from working for example, because in that case the engine assumes that everything for the module Main is in Mods/Main/, even though its an empty folder. But adding some kind of hook may be possible.

Last edited by Norbyte; 01/07/14 07:42 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Probe88
How Larian can release such unfinished product?

b/c they said that the editor was still in beta and would stay in beta. features will be patched in by degrees. again: this was clearly communicated by Larian before release.

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
U
stranger
stranger
U
Guys, let's get our priorities right here. Nobody gives a f*ck about the main campain. Even if you do, you don't really do, you just think you do. What we need is a proper export/import plugin for the damn assets. ^^

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Norbyte

Thats OK, the Main.pak and Textures.pak are multi-part packages, you only need to extract the main file (Main.pak), the other parts (Main_1, Main_2, ...) are extracted automatically with it.

Oh right.

Well, unpacking everything into the data folder seems to fix the missing resources errors. Thank you smile

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Unreality
Does anyone know a plugin for 3ds max to import .gr2 files?

that's the most troublesome issue i saw while browsing through the root folder files. there's a granny2.dll which strongly indicates that the proprietary format of the rad game tools is being used.

the same file extension was also used by obsidian in nwn2 and it gave lots of headaches. without larian's exporter you won't be able to export any animation (dunno in what format static meshes are stored) for original sin.

eventually obsidian also released their exporter only to delete it later. speculative word is that there were some copyright issues happening and they were not allowed to publish the .dlls needed to create the exporter. perhaps that's why there's still no official word on any tools from larian.
i guess a developer's comment is needed to shed some light on this and what we could expect in the future.

Last edited by Semper; 01/07/14 08:20 PM.
N
addict
addict
N
For anyone who has problems with the material editor not working / crashing, unpack this into the data \Data\Editor folder of the game:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32263228/MaterialEditorFix.zip

J
stranger
stranger
J
Are the root templates located in these pak files? I have unpacked all of them and it doesn't look like it. I'm trying to open/edit a character (like Jahan) so I can change companion stats around.

Last edited by JTE10; 01/07/14 08:22 PM.
N
addict
addict
N
Yes, after extraction they're in Public\Main\RootTemplates, in LSB binary format

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
I've tried using the .pak extraction tool but get the following error:

[Linked Image]

It seems to be related to file size, as I'm able to unpack the 7 meg "Engine.pak" file just fine. Running it as admin. Any ideas?

Edit: The above error seems to have been fixed in the version of the tool posted on this page. I didn't realize there was an update, but upon downloading the tool from this page I noticed the executable was now named "DivinityEd.exe" and not the "lstools.exe" one I had earlier.

Last edited by Foodchain; 01/07/14 09:28 PM.
J
stranger
stranger
J
Similar error here (turned out I hadn't had them all unpacked), with the updatd DivinityED.exe. The error message says:

Failed to allocate resources for archive (requested 1080492032 bytes)

,which again sounds like file size is relevant.

Last edited by JTE10; 01/07/14 09:35 PM.
N
addict
addict
N
Working on a fix, should be up in an hour at most

enthusiast
enthusiast
I could unpack the pak files just fine, removed the pak files after unpacking, game still loads.. I would call that an success.. can at least modify some textures now ;p

Sidenote: in the editor we can't even edit triggers (LNB...) it says "need developer rights" which is also why the height map for the loaded campaign doesn't work.

Last edited by eRe4s3r; 01/07/14 10:23 PM.
N
addict
addict
N
A new version is available that (hopefully) fixes the memory issue; URL is the same as before.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard