Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Probe88 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
P
Some hours spent to find solutions - no result.

Want to edit Male head texture, it trying to find DDS which is packed it TExtures.pak, but editor try to find it in folder Main/character/ which isnt EXIST!

Also when i try to add male head to new module Editor crashing..

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
I think you've pretty much figured it out. I came to the same conclusion. It seems like the editor was made with the idea that it could access files in folders, but the game itself reads .pak files, which are like archive files (like a zip archive) but proprietary. I haven't been able to work out a way to unpack them though.

Essentially, I think when working on the game they had everything in folders and the editor worked fine. When they shipped the game, the packed it all up into .pak files for faster installation/download and this made the editor not work the same way it did when they were making the game.

Basically, they either need to implement unpacking into the editor on the fly, or give us a tool to pack and unpack the .pak files for their game.

U
stranger
stranger
U
Hey, good to know there's somebody else who finds the assets disgusting. I don't know if the editor works properly. Tried to export the male player model, but it's gives me a 1kb .obj file, which is useless. I can export everything but player models, which is weird. And I haven't figured out how to export the textures...

Maybe we have to wait. But once it's working, the ugly faces will be gone for good. smile

Last edited by Unreality; 01/07/14 07:01 PM.
apprentice
apprentice

P
Probe88 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
P

Tnx, already downloaded it, it tells me i miss some dll files on my PC trying downloading it smile

P
Probe88 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
P
When i trying to run lstools.exe it returns me error smth about 0xc000007b

Can any1 upload already unpacked textures.pak?

U
stranger
stranger
U
Originally Posted by Probe88
When i trying to run lstools.exe it returns me error smth about 0xc000007b

Not sure if that's legal.

apprentice
apprentice

I don't think that's legal.
If it says you're missing a dll file try googling it and copying it into the same folder where the .exe is. If you get another error make a screenshot of it and upload that somewhere.

U
stranger
stranger
U
Originally Posted by dubiouschicken

I don't think that's legal.
If it says you're missing a dll file try googling it and copying it into the same folder where the .exe is. If you get another error make a screenshot of it and upload that somewhere.

Be careful what site you download .dll files though. It can screw up your windows for good. Check the sites by googling them.

P
Probe88 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
P
I get that mistake

http://msoos.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/0xc000007berror.jpg

dont look on exe name its not my scrennie (my on russian language)

That erorr seems to be some incompatibility issue.

I have WIN 7 64 system

apprentice
apprentice
Sorry, can't help you with that. You should post it in the other topic and wait for the tool author to see it.

Link Copied to Clipboard