Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
veteran
veteran
A
I haven't got any keys in my Vault, too.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
They're at GMT +2 right?

CPU: i7-4930k, Gfx: EVGA 950, RAM: 16GB DDR3-2133 (quad channel), OS: Arch Linux
J
stranger
stranger
J
My biggest concern is whether the system thinks my Steam key is my alpha request or my final request. If I knew getting the Steam alpha was going to cause such a problem with getting a GOG key, I wouldn't have taken the alpha key.

I'm not saying I have to have my GOG key today. I get that things can go wrong. However, I would at least like to get a little more information about this situation. When is a realistic expectation of when the GOG key switch will happen? When would be appropriate to let support know that I never received our option to switch? By the way, "soon" is not a good answer.

stranger
stranger
I can't seem to download the D:OS Soundtrack, it's listed on the Larian Vault under my rewards, but there is no download link.

Support
Support
Originally Posted by Jalister
By the way, "soon" is not a good answer.

Yesterday Larian said they were in the process of updating the site. It is 5:30am in Belgium now, so if it isn't done during the day, there should be an update on how long it will take.

Originally Posted by Andross
I can't seem to download the D:OS Soundtrack, it's listed on the Larian Vault under my rewards, but there is no download link.

That should be available soon. The last Steam update fixed the DLC for some, at least. I gave away my alpha key, so I can't check GOG yet...

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Can anybody say if we need to restart to get the rewards onto our characters once the issues get figured out?

I've been playing Cyseal since the Alpha version od D:OS, so I don't mind waiting a little bit longer with starting a new game, should it be necessary, but it would be good to know.

Edit:
I also can't seem to unlock the forum KS badge?
I've entered the email linked to this account in the vault, but I don't see the badge anywhere. Mabye I'm being stupid, but do I have to activate it somewhere in my profile, too?

Last edited by El Zoido; 02/07/14 09:29 AM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
Hi

I've Bought the game
originally choose GoG but played Alpha/Beta on Steam
and since GoG was not available I tried the Steam one instead, but there I missed the Kickstarter Items

I understand there was a launch issues and all
but I would appreciate some news about when its going to be fixed

either give me my GoG game (which is the better solution)
or at least fix the added items not showing up in my Steam account .

So basically I'm asking for news
I've waited more than a Year for this game so I don't mind waiting a couple of more days
or a week, or what ever amount you wish me to wait
but I do want an update about it

Thank You

Support
Support

El Zoido;
I think the kickstarer rewards are just added in a new game.

The forum has not been updated yet to support badges.

eidopans;
Larian figured out the problem with kickstarter rewards, and it should be fixed soon.

I have not seen an ETA given for the update to the Larian Vault to get GOG keys, but that should also be soon.

P
stranger
stranger
P
This was posted on the kickstarter page about an hour ago, I waited if it would be posted officially here on the forum but as that hasn't happened:
-------------------------------------
Larian Studios LLC about 1 hour ago

We definitely haven't forgotten about it and are busy with it. The problem here was that we needed to align three constellations but that's almost done. Everybody who didn't use their Steam key can already get their GOG version, and everybody who used their Steam key can already play via Steam. The only problem left on this front is the transition. But the save games that you make with your Steam version are compatible with the GOG version, so once we're done (which I hope is today), you'll be able to make transition smoothly. We prioritised the people who didn't use their Steam key as we figured that if people were already playing on Steam, it wouldn't be that much of a problem to wait a few more days.
-------------------------------------

Apparently Larian still hasn't realised that the people who gave away their alpha/beta keys to promote the game cannot play at all. Or maybe they really think "it wouldn't be that much of a problem to wait a few more days." Which is just unbelievable.

T
stranger
stranger
T
I have heard very soon for 3 days now. Stop the BS.

J
jog Offline
stranger
stranger
J
Okay, I'm one of those who have the GoG version running (after fixing the download links), but right now I'm not sure if it was wise chosing gog over steam, seeing that steam already got a patch and some dlc stuff.

So where are the downloadable patches for the GoG version?
Usually GoG would work like in the olden days - once we have the game installed, we go to the developer's site and download stuff.

Support
Support

Actually, GOG makes their own patch installers, tests them and adds them to your account ('Universal update' for the game in 'My Games'). That adds a few days or more to the time Steam gets an update.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Larian now provided a link to klick to destroy the steam.
"I know Larian cannot undo this and I want to destroy this key.. "

Which makes me get this error if I click on it:
---------------
Not Found

The requested URL /ks_destroykeyconfirm.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2 Server at www.larianvault.com Port 443
---------------

In short: It doesn't work.

EDIT: IT WORKS NOW! The keys are there! YAY!

Last edited by Piran Jade; 02/07/14 07:13 PM.
A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by TigerOmega
I have heard very soon for 3 days now. Stop the BS.

You are getting impatient after only 3 days ?

Uh. Then you very clearly haven't been a member of the Enya community, where "Soon" grew to mean "in a few months" !

I had to learn to become patient when I had to wait for the tram each morning ... That taught me a lesson ...

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
addict
addict
Not much point in trying to educate the younger half of the population of patience these days. Most other sources just say "faster,faster,faster,fasterer".

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
old hand
old hand
You can now turn your alpha/beta key in a GOG key. If you gave away a key, you can have that destroyed too and ask for a new Steam key. Please do inform the people you originally gave the keys to that their version will stop working. Especially if you sold an alpha/beta key. Please only destroy a key if it's really necessary. If you are happily playing with your Steam key, there is no need to destroy it and ask for a new one. This is just an option for people that played the Alpha on Steam and now want to move to GOG.

Tweeting @forktong
veteran
veteran
Not sure if that's properly working... I won a Beta key from Lotrotk, under the assumption it would be taken away at release.
He did do the procedure to nuke my key... yet I can still play the game just fine without having to enter any new key from my collector's edition (which is nice, since I cannot seem to access it's key(s) from the Larianvault anyway 0_o)

Originally Posted by EinTroll
Not much point in trying to educate the younger half of the population of patience these days. Most other sources just say "faster,faster,faster,fasterer".

Very true.

CPU: i7-4930k, Gfx: EVGA 950, RAM: 16GB DDR3-2133 (quad channel), OS: Arch Linux
T
stranger
stranger
T
I still have not gotten a GOG key. What seems to be the problem? How about a little info?

addict
addict
It won't drop out of the sky for you, unless it should. But since you're replying in this topic, I'm assuming you were a kickstarter backer and hence have a larian vault account. In that case, I understand that you should be able to get that via the vault now.

Now, actually getting it on GOG has its own issues. I know GOG usually comes with a delay with the release of every title, patch, etc. But I understand that there are some other GOG issues... from GOG... at the moment.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard