Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Sneak is an important ability for some, and I'd like to request that it be changed to a simple stealth visual, not a tip-toeing rock..It's just too goofy for the game.

Thank you.

stranger
stranger
you can also be a bush. or a barrel. i personally laughed when i saw this first. reminded me of metal gear solid, the box man laugh

Today I have spotted a spider in my bathroom, so I took a paper towel and carefully burned the town to the ground.
stranger
stranger
How about changing hiding animations based on local landscape? It would not look that strange. Also, no hiding in open space (unless dark), there should be objects, trees, bushes, walls, rocks, etc. or snaking/hiding should fail.

Or just make a slower moving crouching semi-translucent image like all others..

S
stranger
stranger
S
i think the tiptoeing rock/bush/barrel thing is amazing.
if the game hadn't have those tiny, precious, goofy elements, it would have lost it's unique charm (there are other pompous/serious/boring fantasy games out there).

don't ever change a thing!

enthusiast
enthusiast
The Larian logo is a grizzled fighter with a toilet plunger on his head.

Escape From Smalcatraz: Steam/Nexus. Forum thread.
Support
Support

It's a suction cup dart (as fired by toy guns).

enthusiast
enthusiast
Ooh! Haha, well that makes more sense than one of these

[Linked Image]

For some reason I always just assumed plunger and then never questioned it. smile

Still, the point stands. A complaint about something being goofy in a Larian Game is perhaps a little ignorant of the studio's intrinsic style. It's probably a fair wager to expect a certain element of goof.

Escape From Smalcatraz: Steam/Nexus. Forum thread.
B
stranger
stranger
B

I think the possibility that the characters who solve some conflicts in history in a stealth mode would gain a little more experience or itens, would be cool.

Acting without being seen by anyone and achieving merit in the quest, should be well rewarded.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard