Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
still crashing on save even after the latest patch was installed today. Please help.

veteran
veteran
I experience the same issue. It would be nice if you could help soon.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I'm also having this problem, every time my screen loads my game crashes. Please fix soon

stranger
stranger
Same here.
I get the feeling they believe it's already fixed, so I wonder it will ever be addressed. I do know it started with me after the patch before last.

Homo homini lupus est
Support
Support

Please email supportdos@larian.com. On PC the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool will include crash dumps, system information, etc, as well as any saves that were written to the save folder (partly or not).
On Mac, I have been told crash reports are collected inside the Console application. When emailing the crash reports, the end section (list of libs) can be omitted. User System Profiler to collect system info. To diagnose hangs you can launch Activity Monitor, then select Divinity and press the Sample button.

Try browsing to the '..\Documents\Larian Studios' folder and renaming the 'Divinity Original Sin' subfolder. After that try starting a new game and see if you can save.
This folder contains the profiles, saved games, configuration files and a level cache folder. Deleting or renaming it will get the game to recreate it on startup; playing the game from a different Windows user account would effectively do the same thing (don't know about Mac).

stranger
stranger
Seems to work, but only for a new game. This means my save files are corrupted somehow - so I should start everything over again, with the chance it might happen again?

Oh dear.

Last edited by Elsunny; 04/07/14 11:42 PM.

Homo homini lupus est
stranger
stranger
the game never creates a \Documents\Larian Studios' folder anywhere in my system. I'm running a pc via steam. I've verified game cache and even deleted local content and reacquired the game files.

stranger
stranger
Same problem here. Either infinite loop on auto-save when entering tutorial dungeon, or crash on manual saving. Game is unplayable at the moment for me - can't save or progress...

M
M
Hmm... I know nobody wants to hear it from those who have no issues, but I never had a single crash upon saving or loading this game at any moment. Could all of you please list your system specs?

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Originally Posted by Raze

Please email supportdos@larian.com. On PC the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool will include crash dumps, system information, etc, as well as any saves that were written to the save folder (partly or not).
On Mac, I have been told crash reports are collected inside the Console application. When emailing the crash reports, the end section (list of libs) can be omitted. User System Profiler to collect system info. To diagnose hangs you can launch Activity Monitor, then select Divinity and press the Sample button.

Try browsing to the '..\Documents\Larian Studios' folder and renaming the 'Divinity Original Sin' subfolder. After that try starting a new game and see if you can save.
This folder contains the profiles, saved games, configuration files and a level cache folder. Deleting or renaming it will get the game to recreate it on startup; playing the game from a different Windows user account would effectively do the same thing (don't know about Mac).

deleted DOS folder made new profile, played from the beginning, crashed after a while again while saving...

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by MonarchX
Hmm... I know nobody wants to hear it from those who have no issues, but I never had a single crash upon saving or loading this game at any moment. Could all of you please list your system specs?

I sincerely hope you mean something like "crash report", or you are hoping to discern something specific that all those specs might share (which might result in these problems).

Because these crashes and troubles with save games are happening to a variety of players on a variety of systems. I admit the possibility of a commonality of influence, but trying to imply the problem is a result of low end systems is beating a dead horse.
I'm sure "yours is bigger than mine" :P

But seriously, I know it's not the quality of my system because it's fine and relatively new. As for any shared cause, I'd be interested as well.
But I don't think this is a user side problem. It's been affecting loads of people before a certain patch, and quite some after it.

Homo homini lupus est
B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
I think these guys took the day off to watch the world cup game. No updates today at all...surprising for such a new game with these issues.

X
stranger
stranger
X
I was just fixing to post this topic when I saw it below. Yes, I too am having the same issue. Didnt bother me too much at first but not it gets incredibly annoying. When I save about 5 times my game crashes.

Just fought a long battle with undead and when I tried to save bloody game crashed. I was so irritated I couldn't play anymore.

When is this going to be addressed because I really want to continue progressing?

L
stranger
stranger
L
I just got the game today, played for 1 hour or so. It crashed on save 3 times and the last time after it crashed it broke the saved game also, as now it's crashing every time I try to continue.

W
stranger
stranger
W
Same problem. Goddammit it! I keep crashing when trying to enter the skull cave and the bridge near the lava. Now I just defeated Evelyn and when I tried to load that save I keep crashing.

stranger
stranger
some say that it might be an issue with the saved games being stored on any other drive than c:
Has anyone been able to load the tutorial dungeon? I keep crashing there and whenever trying to save. The game never never keeps a profile. Each time i start up i have to create a new profile. I have the folder tree off my c drive, so maybe that's an issue?
I'm using a Windows 7 via steam on a pretty decent PC with all the current drivers.

Support
Support

Yes, it does seem to have a problem if the My Documents location is moved (profile not saved and crash trying to save the game). Try making a new Windows user account with a default My Documents, and the play the game as that user (not sure if you can do that through Steam, but you can Shift right click an executable/shortcut and run as another user).

stranger
stranger
2 Raze

Not that. I have my documents on C:/ and larian folder is there, the game also keeps my profile, but crashes on saving, or goes into infinite loop in tutorial dungeon on auto-save. I bet it is a memory leak issue either with x32 systems, or DX9, or both. I could be wrong, but, if the game is on Unity it is a kind of a known issue of optimisation - there was something similar with Might and Magic X, until they fixed it.

I have win 7 32 bit. And my video card is running on dx9 by default (although it is above minimal specs).

stranger
stranger
Got the same problem. Game crashed and the save became corrupted. I`ll shelve the game until they manage to fix it.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by biagioviv
still crashing on save even after the latest patch was installed today. Please help.

SOLUTION: I reinstalled windows and I am now able to save the game.

I realize this isn't the ideal solution for everyone but I needed a fresh reinstall anyways so this ended up working out for the best for me.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard