Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by Doctorchaos

Consider me officially ragequitted this motherfucking game until later patches balance it out and make it work.

/facepalm

Why wouldn't you be having problems? Heck, you never took the time to even learn what a space is for. You can't be expected to apply any strategy in a game!

stranger
stranger
You can hire a new henchmen and give him higher perception..

Last edited by madPav3L; 10/07/14 03:29 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
This thread is amazing.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by madPav3L
You can hire a new henchmen and give him higher perception..

If both of his characers doesn't have Lone wolf, that is.

Last edited by Dicktator; 10/07/14 03:37 PM.
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Unbelievable. I went back to the Hall Of Heroes and hired a new NPC and put ALL of the points in Perception just to make sure and then BAM instant switch on the wall then just dismissed the toon. Still this game can go suck a bag full of dicks for a few days. I'll try again in a week or so. Might be a good time for Company Of Heroes 2.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Are you kidding me, second zone is total cakewalk with a good build.

old hand
old hand
I read this Family Guy style, adding in all the side-scenes. Jew going down hill... Tracy Lords... I had to do it commercial free to fit this into it's 1/2 hour time slot. Cheers!

J
stranger
stranger
J
You gotta be fucking kidding me, are you saying the ENTIRE path of the game has come to a screaming (and fucking infuriating) halt because I don't have enough perception. If this is the case then that's one of the stupidest goddam decisions of all time. All 3 of my toons have Perception 5, it's a dump stat I have WAY more important stats to buy and have only seen 2 or 3 Perception Stat items, all of which were outclassed by important things like STR Speed or Int.

Well, it's clearly not a dump stat then, is it?

Congrats, you've discovered that it's an old-school RPG, where the non-combat phases are just as important as the combat to be properly equipped for.

You might also not get your ass stomped so hard if you had points in perception to get your initiative higher. Getting those first couple turns before the enemies matters.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Ouch, i didnt realy realize that game was that unforgiving if you mess up somewhere, i'm actualy experiencing the oposite after level 10-11 fights just get easier and easier for me, the only fight i had trouble in zone2 so far was in a place a bunch of goblins were sleeping (around 10 dudes?) and i woke them up because i felt overconfident lol.... that went south realy fast but i gathered it was hard on purpose to make you care about not waking them up, like an obstacle you cared not to cross.

old hand
old hand
Two comments:

It took me a while to do the barrier because I went the other way and the only reason I turn around was because the spiders and orcs were just too darn hard for my party of level 9. I'm not saying that is a good thing or a bad thing; just a statement.

This game is a lot freaking easier if you have at least one character with high perception. High is relative of course and I will let you determine what is high enough.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Originally Posted by KnightPT
Ouch, i didnt realy realize that game was that unforgiving if you mess up somewhere, i'm actualy experiencing the oposite after level 10-11 fights just get easier and easier for me, the only fight i had trouble in zone2 so far was in a place a bunch of goblins were sleeping (around 10 dudes?) and i woke them up because i felt overconfident lol.... that went south realy fast but i gathered it was hard on purpose to make you care about not waking them up, like an obstacle you cared not to cross.

Friendly tip: Using featherfall on them doesn't wake them up. Use that how you like.

I put them a big pile and instantly killed them with a fireball+deadly spores combo. Made hard save for it too, because it was fucking glorious.

Last edited by JokerVictor; 10/07/14 03:58 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
This is the best thread I've seen in awhile. LoL. I'm still amazed at how this game destroys people that are not used to critical thinking.

per-cep-tion
noun
the ability to see, hear, or become aware of something through the senses.

the state of being or process of becoming aware of something through the senses.

a way of regarding, understanding, or interpreting something; a mental impression.

Last edited by techn0logic; 10/07/14 04:22 PM.
F
apprentice
apprentice
F
When Doctor Chaos has found a way to click the motherfucking button, he should make sure he has tornado, so he don't keep on falling on his motherfucking ass.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Well, as comical and over-the-top as he is, the OP still does have a valid point. A mission-critical objective should not be impossible to achieve without having JUST the right build to proceed. Sure you can artificially boost your Perception using items, or recruit a Henchman exclusively for the purposes of spotting the button, but you'd only know to do so if you were somehow forewarned that it would be necessary.

This is just a case where there should be multiple paths forward, but instead the quest is designed to bottleneck at what effectively amounts to a single attribute check. Most players who fail that check won't even know that they failed, and will just continue on into Zone 2 becoming increasingly frustrated as they run into challenges designed for higher-level groups.

T
stranger
stranger
T
I would imagine that the developers put clues about the Witch's house in a book in the game. I'm not sure if I'm alone, but the reason I like this game is because it does not hold your hand and makes you think things through. So what if it's a road block, either figure it out or go online and look up the answer.

This is kind of like saying that because all my characters have a 5 constitution I cannot proceed because I get destroyed in combat.

Last edited by techn0logic; 10/07/14 05:02 PM.
G
apprentice
apprentice
G

So Divinity Original Sin was the great new hope in RPG's. It's beautiful to look at and the first area of the game is challenging but possible and has a lot to offer, and then you move on to the second area and it goes downhill faster than a rollerskating Jew on Coupon Day. (snip)

"a rollerskating Jew on Coupon Day?"

What rock did you crawl out from under?

addict
addict
it goes downhill faster than a rollerskating Jew on Coupon Day.

Wall of text aside, I stopped reading about here. rolleyes

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by techn0logic
I would imagine that the developers put clues about the Witch's house in a book in the game. I'm not sure if I'm alone, but the reason I like this game is because it does not hold your hand and makes you think things through.

There are games with no hand-holding and then there's Original Sin which shames games with no handholding by actually withholding crucial information from you, being deliberately vague, hiding game progress behind pixel hunting and bad camera, and double player/character perception checks where certain things need to be spotted by the player but other are happily discovered when your characters' perception is high enough.

I'm all for games getting out of this casual hole that devs have dug in themselves into for the sake of greater sales, but Original Sin is not doing it 100% right.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Visited the village, got orders to do the quest for the cult guys, can't do that as it involves the desert full of level 14 types. Only other route was to go south along the ravine past the trolls and into a group of seven level 12 orcs. (5 of which are hidden) A boss 2 shamans an asshole archers and 3 goons. I have a party of 3 toons but I just get constantly disabled. There are NO other ways to go in the game. It's either the desert or these orcs and onto the Goblin Mines.

then you are the problem...
i killed this group in my third try on normal, with level 9/10 characters, and one character was to far away to do any damage or spells for the first two rounds.

journeyman
journeyman
o man -____-

u need 1 thing onyl

lech + zomby + comebak kid + blodletin featz

an u need

2 water magic ppl who heal u an rez u

an gaem is brekd liek that hahaa

try it relly

Spaghetti is life, Spaghetti is love.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard