Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
stranger
stranger
M
Most frustrating thing about unique physical skillbooks: you can't respec without losing some of your skills forever. I suppose it is not a thing that was intended or a real bad gamedev decision, cause it makes respec feature useless.

P.S.: sorry for my bad english.

L
stranger
stranger
L
i reset the skills with Moloch to adjust them a little bit. after that i went for search of scoundrel books on known vendors. i found all but walk in shadows. shortly after i returned to homestead and unlocked air gate. the elemental there has a book smile

stranger
stranger
Haven't seen Walk in Shadows in my game, either - eventually I just restarted and selected it at character creation. laugh

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Originally Posted by ImariKurumi
I have the same issue, couldn't get Strong Regenerate. Was told that vendor inventory refreshes and updates itself to scale to your level every time you level up. I believe this is true. Now every time i level, i will make an effort to visit all vendors, even if i'm mid way in dungeon.

Btw for Whirlwind, i got 3 from the Commander in Cyseal, one book after each level up from levels 4-6.

Okay, I had too much time on my hands and went back to an earlier save, then rerolled the inventory for Aureus in Cysael a dozen times at each of levels 4, 5, and 6.

Neither Whirlwind(2), Dust Devil(7), or Phoenix Dive(8) showed up in any of the tests, while every other man-at-arms skill from the general skill level range showed up many times.

OTOH, I have gotten Strong Regenerate(7) frequently through rerolling the inventory. I am tempted to ask, "are you DAMN sure that it was three Whirlwinds you got" because of how it conflicts with my results, but you probably wouldn't have said so if you weren't sure. (Though I do wonder a bit at what party setup you are running to have a use for three man-at-arms melee AOE characters. hahaha)

(The inventory of vendors is not updated when you level up, but when you talk to a vendor for the first time after having leveled up, so it is trivial to test these things by saving immediately before talking to a vendor for the first time after leveling up).

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.
W
stranger
stranger
W
I think I can safely assume that certain skill books cannot be bought. I was save/loading for the scoundrel book walk in shadow for an hour and it didn't show up. There's no way that this is due to bad luck.

I guess this is probably intended by the developers although I don't know why. Maybe I can understand why Phoenix Dive and Whirlwind are limited in supplies but level 1 skills?

Last edited by Weimar; 10/07/14 08:47 PM.
C
apprentice
apprentice
C
There was an intentional change not too long before release, saying that certain skillbooks could only be found as loot. Whether that means from the random containers or only hand placed copies or a mix of both I do not know.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
I've been sitting here, level 15-20, and not ONCE have I gotten Whirlwind (or Dust Devil) as loot, and not once has it been on any vendor. I've been quickloading vendors for about 30 minutes now. It is just not happening.

And this is a problem because I've been wanting to respec for the past five levels (I've gotten every single skill book I need except whirlwind), but I can't part with whirlwind: it's far too crucial for my party.

I'm basically stuck playing a character I don't feel great about because respeccing would give me better stat and abilities, but I'd lose what is arguably my most crucial skill.

At this point I wish I could just open console and spawn that book so I can get on with my game T_T

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Originally Posted by Weimar
I guess this is probably intended by the developers although I don't know why. Maybe I can understand why Phoenix Dive and Whirlwind are limited in supplies but level 1 skills?

Phoenix Dive is almost guaranteed to be sold by the fire elemental in your homestead. I've seen it on him well over 75% of the time.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I've seen Aureus offer Phoenix Dive. Once.

I do think there's some kind of rarity system at play, with certain books appearing more often than others. However, I think almost all books are findable.

W
stranger
stranger
W
Originally Posted by Athildur

Phoenix Dive is almost guaranteed to be sold by the fire elemental in your homestead. I've seen it on him well over 75% of the time.

I have a question here. How many of these elemental gates can yoou unlock in the homestead. I already chose fire, can I change to air or something else.

P
stranger
stranger
P
I believe certain skill books are meant to be found only. For instance - whirlwind is in the basement in one of the abandoned houses nw outside cyseal- the house that has the ghost that summons the bubble you have to smash in 20 seconds to test your strength. (at least it was for me, it might be randomized)

the wolf spell I found the skill book in the underground area looking for the white witch.

The burning ....something - the fire spell that fires 2 fire bolts instead of the 1 bolt you get from the flare spell was in the room with braccus rex(sp).

I havent found dust devil yet or walk in shadows. I have a feeling there are 1-2 spells from each school that are only available as a found book.

In beta there was an earth spell that fired a boulder from your guy in a straight line and everything it hit along the way got knocked down. I dont know if its still in the game as a find somewhere or it was replaced with the boulder that falls from the sky and hits everything in a small radius. Im still looking for that one as well.

H
stranger
stranger
H
Also note that you can craft your own spellbook using a blank book + scroll of yoru choice.

Last edited by Huyt; 11/07/14 07:30 AM.
W
stranger
stranger
W
Originally Posted by Huyt
Also note that you can craft your own spellbook using a blank book + scroll of yoru choice.

Yes but you can't craft rogue skill books can you. I don't recall finding blank scoundrel skill books etc.

Last edited by Weimar; 11/07/14 11:04 AM.
A
apprentice
apprentice
A
I have a question here. How many of these elemental gates can you unlock in the homestead. I already chose fire, can I change to air or something else.

You unlock all four as you find more star stones, so you shouldn't have to worry about that. You can't change a choice once it's made, but you can simply choose air the next time one of the elemental portals unlock.

(You shouldn't need to find exactly all star stones either. The last three or four unlocked nothing for me, so there are more star stones than there are unlocks in the homestead)

Last edited by Athildur; 11/07/14 03:30 PM.
W
stranger
stranger
W
Thanks! Good to hear that. I was on the verge of restarting my game.

V
stranger
stranger
V
I had this issue when I went to respec my warrior character into Tenebrium weapon skill to find out that I have lost the Whirlwind skill forever.

Seems like as other people have mentioned the only way to acquire the skill is through dust devil from character creation or through the hand placed Whirlwind Skill book in that basement. I looked everywhere reloading saves at vendor repeatedly never appeared phoenix dive is very rare but it does appear on vendors whirlwind however doesn't.

I got around this problem by editing my save file and this took a while and its a very tedious process.

You need to download Norbyte's unpacking tool found here:

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=505777

• First respec make sure the character relearns at least one skill any skill and save inside the Homestead (this makes it easier to find the character).
  • Find the save folder in my document -> Larian studios -> divinity -> Playerprofiles -> [profile Name] -> Savegames.
  • backup the save folder in case you screw up.
  • open Norbytes unpack tool.
  • Click file open LSB/LSX go to the save folder and open Globals.lsb.
  • click the arrow next to characters, then characterfactory, then characters, click on the first listing.
  • the screen the the right will have a property labeled "Level" with a value like "CYS_BlackCove" or "Cyseal".
  • this is the tedious part start scrolling (use arrow keys) down the list until you find a value "Homestead".
  • click on the arrow and if you see "Player Data" and a long list of "Registered Trigger" you have found one of your characters.
  • scroll down until you find "Skill Manager" expand the arrow look at the skill(s) by scrolling down if you should be able to identify the character by the single skill present.
  • if it isn't the character repeat the above process until you find it.
  • when you have found the character that needs whirlwind in the expanded "SkillManger" tree right click on Skills" and select clone node do the same with a "TimeItemAddedToSkillManager".
  • The Cloned node should appear at the bottom of the "SkillManger" tree
  • Click on the Cloned "Skills" on the right screen Change the MapKey Value to Shout_Whirlwind.
  • next select the cloned "TimeItemAddedToSkillManager" and change the mapkey value again to Shout_Whilwind change the mapValue to 48331.00.
  • go to file and save and overwrite the globals.lsb in the save folder and load the game and you should now have Whirlwind in the character's skill list.
  • alternatively you can have Shout_WhirlwindStart and mapvalue 6974.00 for Dust Devil.

Last edited by VikCachat; 14/07/14 03:40 AM.
G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Originally Posted by Athildur
I've been sitting here, level 15-20, and not ONCE have I gotten Whirlwind (or Dust Devil) as loot, and not once has it been on any vendor. I've been quickloading vendors for about 30 minutes now. It is just not happening.

And this is a problem because I've been wanting to respec for the past five levels (I've gotten every single skill book I need except whirlwind), but I can't part with whirlwind: it's far too crucial for my party.

I'm basically stuck playing a character I don't feel great about because respeccing would give me better stat and abilities, but I'd lose what is arguably my most crucial skill.

At this point I wish I could just open console and spawn that book so I can get on with my game T_T

I had to delete my lvl 17 savegames because of this. I used respec option then went to buy certain skillbooks for my fighter but can't find anywhere whirlwind(the most important skillbook for me). Then i'm using "infinite skillbook using" mod and playing with rogue now without any problems so far laugh.

Last edited by gastovski; 14/07/14 07:31 AM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
Does anyone know how to do the save game editing described here with the current version of the game? It seems like the save format has changed, and the lstools editor won't open Globals.lsb anymore.

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
I saw the phoenix dive at the statue vendor in the homestead, but then we re-loaded because we needed a different element more...

...but STILL not a single summon for us!

(I kinda, sorta, almost like it, though, because it ups the difficulty levels for us and perhaps even increases replayability.)

Last edited by eobet; 25/07/14 09:20 AM.
L
stranger
stranger
L
Originally Posted by Kilmir
There are some skillbooks which never appear on vendors.
I've personally ran into not finding:
Dust Devil
Whirlwind
Walk in Shadows

I've used the save/reload trick dozens of times and never have these appeared. A little internet search found a few forum posts on other boards with people having the same issue.

Is this intended or a bug?

Can't say for everyone but I've bought them all. I was looking for Flurry for long time but got that later on as well.

I was a noob and didn't know that we could make spells smile

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard