Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H

I was on steam and noticed that the recommended (not minimum) fit my laptop: which is 4 GB Ram and has a dedicated Radeon graphics card with 2 GB Ram.

Once I loaded it - it runs on lowest settings like molasses - this isn't on minimum settings but the recommended - so why is it running so horribly?

I have the laptop plugged in and set to high performance settings (sucks the batttery like a vampire thirsty after 1000 years of entombment) and it is unplayable.

What are other people's experiences? I was psyched to think I could take D:OS with me on travels - but it doesn't look possible......

AND: Larian - how did you come up with recommended? I bought this FOR my laptop thinking "Hey I'm good to go I have the recommended settings" (which suggests average settings not low in my mind) and the game is UNPLAYABLE.

Thoughts?

enthusiast
enthusiast
can you post your full system specs?

H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
HP Pavilion G6
Windows 7 Home 64-bit
AMD Phenom II P650 Dual Core 2.6 GHZ
4 GB Ram
AMD M880G ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 2 GB RAM

Do you need more info?

addict
addict
Originally Posted by hickmanj
AMD M880G ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 2 GB RAM

Therein lies your problem. That's an extremely low-end version of the 4xxx series. You'll need to lower the visuals to match your card.

*EDIT*
Also, here are the actual requirements from the Steam page:

Minimum:
Graphics: HD Intel Graphics 4000 or NVIDIAï½® GeForceï½® 8800 GT (512 MB) or ATI Radeon HD 4850 or equivalent

Recommended:
Graphics: NVIDIAï½® GeForceï½® GTX 550 ti 1GB ram or or ATI Radeon HD 6XXX or higher

Note that a 4850 (not a 4250) is the minimum requirement.

Last edited by Jito463; 12/07/14 03:40 PM.
H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Fair enough - I didn't note that aspect.

The good news is my desktop will run D:OS on ultra settings - but I'm bummed I can't take it on the road with me because it is such an excellent game.......

So no D:OS for the next 10 days for me frown but distance makes the heart grow fonder.....

smile J

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Minimum requirements in Radeon is 4850 according to Steam, and recommended 6XXX, so it doesn't even meet the minimum requirements.

EDIT: Took too long to post so was outposted. These things happen. wave

Last edited by Peter Ebbesen; 12/07/14 03:54 PM. Reason: was outposted

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by hickmanj
but I'm bummed I can't take it on the road with me because it is such an excellent game.......

So no D:OS for the next 10 days for me frown but distance makes the heart grow fonder.....

Well, you can always try and turn the visuals down to try and make it work. Just because it's not recommended or supported, doesn't mean you can't give a whirl. Worst case scenario, the game is just too laggy to be playable, then you'll merely be in the same position you are now.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Hello Community,
I know that my computer does not meet the minimum specifications required to run a game. But u think that i will be able to run the game anyway ....on my super modern fast laptop? :)

My super "fast" laptop:
Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00GHz
GeForce G102M
ram: 3.1 GB - I know speed is my second name :)

Thank you for your help!
pls say - - - - - - - - - - - yes :)

Support
Support

Unfortunately, your graphics chip is really, really weak (less than a quarter the performance of the integrated HD 4000, 1/7 of the minimum GeForce 8800 GT), so I don't think you would be able to run the game. Your CPU is below minimum, but that likely wouldn't be a problem by itself.

Link Copied to Clipboard