Next Thread
Print Thread
#518854 14/07/14 08:51 AM
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Normally, I should be sleeping at this time but I am starting a new schedule.

So I have come to the forum to see if there is a way to add custom traits to the game. There is many traits we can do in this game, I just need to know how to add them.

If you can provide this or larian can, I can start mmoding traits.

N
addict
addict
N
Not really; the list of traits and their behavior is hardcoded in EoCApp.exe, so you'd have to modify the exe itself, which is problematic for many reasons (not to mention the frequent game patches that'll wipe your exe mods and force you to start decompiling again ... ugh).

L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Oh man, thats terrible. Really? I hope Larian fixes that.

N
addict
addict
N
I've checked again just to make sure, and yes, talent behavior is hardcoded indeed:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32263228/dos/talents.png

L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Ouch. frown I wanted some interesting ones.

R
stranger
stranger
R
The major reason why I joined the forum, bothered with downloading the engine in the first place, and downloading Norbyte's unpak tool was so I could edit and add new traits. Now I find out that the traits are hardcoded?!? That's a really bitter pill to swallow.

old hand
old hand
There are a few things I believe people have hit that as they sit changes to aren't really possible. I wonder if they support this game long term if some of these hardcoded area's can be rewritten to make them modable in the future. That is something I would be asking for. OR that we have a D:OS 2 and that builds upon the first and opens up more modding options.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I was hoping the editor could modify a lot. Seems there are a lot of limitations. To add, we can't easily modify the main campaign to see the scripts therein unlike Warcraft III editor.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"

Link Copied to Clipboard