Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 32 33
#521295 16/07/14 08:45 PM
D
OP Offline
D

UPDATE: Here is link for the latest version of MooseEdit.

Greetings everyone.

I am currently making a save game editor for Divinity Original Sin.
The current plan is to include tabs to edit Character, Waypoint, and Quest data.

For characters, I plan to make the UI similar to the in-game UI if possible. This means you will see a character sheet just like you normally do in-game. And you will see an inventory grid with movable items (that you can edit), etc. I am hoping to include an item creator as well, that lets you create new items from scratch.

Since it is still in development I am willing to take requests if anyone has any suggestions on what else to include. This post is also to gauge interest in whether this is something people are looking for.

Last edited by Raze; 15/08/14 04:10 PM. Reason: add link
Appearance editing options perhaps? I must have restarted 20 times before I found a look that didn't look dumb in-game.

Also, you win an internet for your username smile

"We shall not fear the coming of the shadow of death."
B
stranger
stranger
B
Good lord almighty I want this so badly. I'm not sure what your limitations are as far as what you can actually edit in the saves, but if there's a way that you could include the capability to add spells and such to the characters, that would be awesome.

Originally Posted by Damar Stiehl
Appearance editing options perhaps? I must have restarted 20 times before I found a look that didn't look dumb in-game.

Play for a bit and you'll reach a point where you can change the appearances of your characters entirely, without having to start over. And you can do so as many times as you like, apparently.

Originally Posted by Damar Stiehl

Also, you win an internet for your username smile

You can change your appearance in your homestead, so you do not need to restart. Though, I believe a memory editor can do this at the moment as well, but not tried it.

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Dairymoose
Greetings everyone.

Ahhh, I was working on the same thing smile

Originally Posted by Bob Hope
Good lord almighty I want this so badly. I'm not sure what your limitations are as far as what you can actually edit in the saves, but if there's a way that you could include the capability to add spells and such to the characters, that would be awesome.

Both of those are possible with the current savegame format.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Norbyte

Same here.
You're probably far ahead of us, Norbyte, as I just finished my own zlib decompressor today, which restores my ability to parse savegame LSBs.

Maybe we could join forces?

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Chriskang

Same here.
You're probably far ahead of us, Norbyte, as I just finished my own zlib decompressor today, which restores my ability to parse savegame LSBs.

Maybe we could join forces?

Sounds good; sent you a PM.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Hi,

Interesting guys, keep up the good work. i've been looking for something like this, and if there wasn't anyone working on it, I was going to start the research to it it myself. Happy that you are saving me the trouble smile

In the meantime, a couple questions and a request:

- How do you recompress an LSX (or XML) back into an LSB?
- Is there a way to search for key values in LS Tools?

Last edited by Andargor; 17/07/14 12:21 AM.
N
stranger
stranger
N
I am hoping to include an item creator as well, that lets you create new items from scratch.

YES PLEASE!!! Hope it'll be possible to customize the items with enchants and bonuses.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I definitely want to be able to do something like, say, editing inventory to add lost items. That bloody grieving orc quest bug was annoying as hell.

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Andargor
- How do you recompress an LSX (or XML) back into an LSB?

In LSTools:
File -> Open ... -> select LSX
File -> Save ... -> type a filename with .lsb at the end

Originally Posted by Andargor
- Is there a way to search for key values in LS Tools?

Not yet.

D
OP Offline
D
Greetings everyone.

Originally Posted by Bob Hope

Both of those are possible with the current savegame format.

I see... perhaps it does make sense to work together: but is your idea for the UI similar to the one I initially proposed? I had a pretty set idea of what I wanted as an end-result to this project. I wanted a very user-friendly interface that was intuitive because it was familiar to the in-game UI. And if you did have the same idea in mind, I don't know how much use you would get out of anything I have written presently as it is not - at the moment - particularly modular, flexible, or production-quality (though I plan to tidy it up, in time).

Also, as an aside, I made a new save game yesterday to look at this new save format, but it did not appear that the lsb files were any different? Was compression disabled with the release of the hotfix?
The only difference I saw was that instead of <SaveName>.lsb, there were files sanity.lsb and meta.lsb.

Here is a function a lot of people have said about on forums/comments, which I think might work.

A character export/import.

Basically, the Save Editor can export the characters gear, appearance, xp, level and attributes. Then you can load up another save, lets say, your friends or a NG+, then you select 'Import', which imports those attributes into the other save.

For reasons, might be best to keep quest tags alone.

I
stranger
stranger
I
Really looking forward to just the simple function of a respec by adjusting stats. A friend of I are many hours into the game yet still hours away from the in game respec. I would rather fix my build to something more enjoyable than endure more hours of uselessness.

I just wish I had a save before the patch as LSTools looks like it could have done what I need.

Originally Posted by irongamer
Really looking forward to just the simple function of a respec by adjusting stats. A friend of I are many hours into the game yet still hours away from the in game respec. I would rather fix my build to something more enjoyable than endure more hours of uselessness.

I just wish I had a save before the patch as LSTools looks like it could have done what I need.

You can use CheatEngine:
http://www.cheatengine.org/
Table:
http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?p=5539975#5539975

This is a memory editor, basically an opensource 'engine' which can be used to make trainers for games. 'Tables' are what people have created using it, to do functions such a god modes, stat changing, and what not.

hdf13 has a table with this function in already. It should assist your gameplay.

For obvious reasons, I recommend avoiding the god-modes and such, as it will make your game rather stale and boring.

N
addict
addict
N
The latest version of LSTools supports a limited form of character editing in savegames.

G
stranger
stranger
G
The latest version of LSTools supports a limited form of character editing in savegames.

First - thanks for all the great work with LSTools.

Second - Are the steps something like this:
1. Use LSTools to unpack the save game LSV file.
2. Open Global.lsb in LSTools.
3. Go to the Characters tab and modify things.
4. Save Global.lsb

If so, then how do I update the save for the game to recognize it? Do I need to repack the files into the LSV? Or do I just remove the LSV and put all of the unpacked files in that save's folder?

Thanks again!

I
stranger
stranger
I
Has LSTools been updated for the latest patch? Also, do you have a central thread with a link to updates?

I'm guessing it isn't yet. Great work on the tools so far, I poked around some older saves.

Assertion Failed!
Expression: lengh <= 0x10000 && length >= paddingChars
Location ..\DivinityEd\variant.cpp (428)

Last edited by irongamer; 17/07/14 05:44 PM.
N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by irongamer
Has LSTools been updated for the latest patch? Also, do you have a central thread with a link to updates?

I'm guessing it isn't yet. Great work on the tools so far, I poked around some older saves.

Assertion Failed!
Expression: lengh <= 0x10000 && length >= paddingChars
Location ..\DivinityEd\variant.cpp (428)

This sounds like a bug. Can you attach a copy of your savegame?

Glaw #522218 17/07/14 06:07 PM
N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Glaw

First - thanks for all the great work with LSTools.

Second - Are the steps something like this:
1. Use LSTools to unpack the save game LSV file.
2. Open Global.lsb in LSTools.
3. Go to the Characters tab and modify things.
4. Save Global.lsb

If so, then how do I update the save for the game to recognize it? Do I need to repack the files into the LSV? Or do I just remove the LSV and put all of the unpacked files in that save's folder?

Thanks again!

Almost, you should hit "Save all changes" in the first tab of the character editor after modifying the character, and then save Globals.lsb.

You don't really need to repack the .lsv, the game accepts unpacked savegames as well; just copy-paste the unpacked contents of the .lsv to the savegame folder.

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard