Print Thread
#524489 21/07/14 02:58 AM
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Hello!

New to the Divinity series. I finished Divine Divinity a little earlier last week and have been going head first into Beyond Divinity. Only complaint I have so far is there are a LOT of bugs in this poor game (like monsters spawning behind walls sometimes even the portals in battlefields forcing me to reload an old save), but still enjoying it immensely.

I just had a question.

Has anyone done the math to see how the average luck between the two characters affects the rarity and chance of loot drop? I have a decent amount of survival and luck on the main character, and the death knight has +luck on all his equippable items (including his weapon) so I'm almost inclined to not change his weapon as I see orange drops constantly especially 3-4 orange drops per boss at the end of battlefield dungeons (even when I continually reload through them to try to get them to drop what I want).

When I change any of my Death Knight's gear (particularly his weapon which could be improved but is still decent at this point) the drop rate drops to not seeing oranges very commonly at all again.

If I knew what the exact numbers were, I could try to keep my equipment around a certain luck level.

Thanks for the time of any responses anyone could give on the subject!

P.S. I know the game will be easymode with or without ridiculous gear so the luck is not necessary, it's just fun for me to go through the work. Sometimes I can be a perfectionist.

Last edited by RythDarkbane; 21/07/14 02:59 AM.
Support
Support

Actually, some of the levels were redesigned during development, and a few opponents left outside the new level boundaries. The battlefields are randomly generated, though, so areas or opponents cut off are problems with that.

I never worried about luck; more is better, but I never went out of my way to get or keep that bonus on equipment, etc. AFAIK nobody has provided any detailed feedback on how it effects loot... Actually, I don't remember anyone giving any general observations over a long period or repeated playthoughs, either.

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Okay, thanks so much for the reply. I'll be completing the game today or tomorrow most likely but with an average of 50 luck between the two, I've been getting pretty decent drops every 2-3 minutes on just normal monsters (level 4-6 oranges or Yit drops).

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard