Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
First of all, my items that are currently equipped should not show up in the barter menu to be sold.
My inventory is well organized and when I barter with a vendor my inventory is all mixed up. That's horrible.
Finally what the he'll is up with having to juggle 4 seperate inventories of gold coins. Ridiculous. I understand seperate gear and potions etc. But gold?!
If anyone has any tips or knows of any mods to fix one or all of these complaints I'd be very happy. Amazing game.

I've never had an issue with the inventory system.

As a best practice I send all me "sellable" items to on character. Usually whoever can carry the most.

I let them do all the buying/selling, and then anything they buy for other party members, I transfer over once I've left the vendor.

I have 1 character keep most/all quest realted items and readable materials. 1 takes all the crafting stuff.

Never had issues with this method.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Ya good idea. i try and do something similar except for those two big issues. It shouldnt list your equipment you are wearing with all the other stuff jumbled up in your inventory, and it could at the very least, keep the inventory items in the same organized order that they are currently in my actual bags. Because i keep all the vendor trash in the upper left part of my bag on my certain character, but when i sell stuff, its all jumbled in together and also includes the gear im actually using.

I realize i just kinda repeated my previous post but damnit, this is my only issue thus far and its driving me crazy. my OCD with my bags and my items.

It doesn't list the equipment you're wearing ... you can view it however using one of the tabs provided. but your equipped items are not in your inventory.

regarding the vendors re-organizing your bag ... can't argue with that. i too find that annoying.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
ill have to check. i SWEAR it was showing my gear i was currently wearing as being available to sell in the barter menu. ill double check hah

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Soulshift
Finally what the he'll is up with having to juggle 4 seperate inventories of gold coins.

It is there to support multiplayer. After all, if you are in a co-op game, do you want the other playing buying things with your gold?

I do, however, agree with you that it is annoying.

I wish the game pooled the gold of characters, perhaps when they are linked together in the top left of the screen.

J
stranger
stranger
J
The gear you're using is in its own category, just as everything else. I'm assuming you don't use the category tabs when visiting a vendor, and that's why everything you carry (including worn gear) shows. I find it a lot easier to do one tab at a time, that way it let's me skip a lot of stuff if I for example know I only want to sell some weapons and armor. I like that even my worn gear is available, since that means I can compare gear for all my characters, and I can sell worn gear directly if I find an upgrade, instead of having to exit the vendor menu, go into inventory and unequip an item and then talk to the vendor again.

As for the gold, as previously stated it's because of the co-op compartment of the game. They could have implemented pooled gold for single-player, but since single-player and co-op are intertwined it would probably be a bit of a hassle making it work correctly. Just put all the stuff you want to sell on the character with bartering and the issue will more or less resolve itself. Any gold left on other characters can just be sent to that one.

stranger
stranger
You are dead right Soulshift. After making to the city and roleplaying hours of clues for the quests in there (no spoilers) I final got into combat just outside town.. I was horrified to find that my ranger had no bow and my warrior no sword or shield. I had to instantly load my last save.. The items were gone. I had to go back 5 saves, to the moment I first entered the city to find a save were they still had their stuff..

I am new to this game but this is a show stopper for me. Equipped items should NOT be in your inventory. Why would they be? A sword is in your hand. Not in the bag with your potions and such.

I have never seen such nonsense in any game. Out in the dungeon, you find new items all the time.. You compare them and equip the upgrades. I personally do not make a note of the names of equipped items. Who does?

Now I am stuck in town, with not enough gold to buy all the stuff i need.. Looks like I need to start again.. How tedious.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Dobly
I am new to this game but this is a show stopper for me. Equipped items should NOT be in your inventory. Why would they be? A sword is in your hand. Not in the bag with your potions and such.

I have never seen such nonsense in any game. Out in the dungeon, you find new items all the time.. You compare them and equip the upgrades. I personally do not make a note of the names of equipped items. Who does?

They have their own tab, IIRC. It's one of those subjects where some people prefer stuff a particular way, others don't; a bit like being able to sell quest items, something I hate, but other people are very insistent about. Sorry you had to discover this particular "feature" the hard way though. I suppose at least it's balanced out by having multiple saves, having just played two games in a row that take the One Save To Rule Them All approach...

J'aime le fromage.
C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
I give all gold to one character.

Originally Posted by Dobly

I personally do not make a note of the names of equipped items. Who does?

You have my sympathies, but it's just like vometia said: people have different preferences in game GUIs. That said, I never understood why people don't use multiple saves to avoid dead ends. There, I could ask, who doesn't?

In an ideal world, every game would have options to toggle these things. But that would also require much more development resources and time, which, alas, game companies don't have in this imperfect world.

I hope that this won't stop you to play this otherwise outstanding game.

Best regards
Raban

Link Copied to Clipboard