Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Blados Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
I bought divinty anthology retail and i have a problem that when i start ego draconis press new game it will play the Start_Movie video then it crashes, ive tried flames of vengance and that works perfectly fine, does anyone know the resolve?

Support
Support

So you crash before you get to character creation?

If you hit Esc to skip the Start_Movie, does it help or just crash faster?

Did you check out the [PC] Support FAQ - The Dragon Knight Saga topic?

You can edit the graphicoptions.xml file (in Notepad, or other text editor) to run the game in a window (though that function is unsupported). Look for the option Fullscreen="1" and change the one to a zero.
If that lets you get into the game, you could save, exit and set it back.

In XP this file is in the folder
C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Divinity 2\Profile\

in Vista/7
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Divinity 2\Profile\

You may need to set Windows Explorer to show hidden files and folders (XP, Vista, Win 7).

The Windows Borderless Gaming app should also work (have not tried it).

B
Blados Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
I checked that forum earlier, it crashes before character creafion, none of those seem to work

Support
Support

While it would be best to figure out the cause of the problem, try this new save at the start of the game.

You can watch the Tutorial_Arrival.wmv video in the ..\data\video\story install folder. Talk to Rhode again if you wish, or check the brief initial conversation in the log.
There is an illusionist in the starting hamlet, who (after you talk to someone else) can change your characters appearance, voice and gender.

In XP the saves are in the folder

C:\Documents and Settings\ %username% \Local Settings\Application Data\Divinity 2\Savegames

or in Vista / Win 7

C:\Users\ %username% \AppData\Local\Divinity 2\Savegames

You may need to set Windows Explorer to show hidden files and folders (XP, Vista, Win 7).

B
Blados Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Thank you that appears to work, i was able to change areas without it crashing

B
Blados Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Oh, now it wont let me into the barracks for the main quest without crashing

Support
Support

The tower in the Broken Valley village? There are different entrances there you can try, one off the wall by the main gate, one from the wall on the opposite side (which is almost a ramp down to the door), one across the bridge from the merchant Lamotte (also up the ramp from the main gate side wall), and one up a ramp on the right if you keep going straight from the entrance gate.

If entering an getting a cutscene conversation is a problem, the another entrance may be fine.

If the problem is the location itself, perhaps a clean re-install may help.

B
Blados Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Ive tried reinstalling before, ill give it another try

M
stranger
stranger
M
Hello,

I have the same issue. I tried all I have found in this topic:
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=423175&page=2

I was able to get to character creation panel by pressing Esc on loading screen, but there was no audio there and it crashed just after I accepted new character.

Second campaign works fine.

Need help!

Support
Support

In the '..\Divinity II - Developers Cut\Data\Video' folder you can rename the intro.wmv and loading.wmv files to get the game to skip them on startup.

As mentioned above, in the '..Video\Story' folder the video played starting a new Ego Draconis game is Start_Movie.wmv, while after accepting a new character is Tutorial_Arrival.wmv.
If renaming those files avoids the crash, then the problem is likely either a codec problem or an issue switching resolutions.

Try playing with a game resolution of 1280x720, to match the videos, perhaps in windowed mode.
There should be music playing during character creation, though, so I suspect codec problems may be more likely.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard