Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
journeyman
journeyman
Thanks Ivra for taking over this thread for me and keeping it up to date, just been very busy recently and just not getting the time to maintain it like I could in the original threads

Originally Posted by camelotcrusade

Question: Why create new threads each time? I have to keep updating my bookmarks after I hunt down the latest version and then re-send them out to friends. I'd love to see a sticky that just gets updated.

It would make life far easier however the this forum only allows you to edit a post for 3 days then it locks your editing rights meaning you need to create a new thread so you can keep it updated.

Its a pain but unless you got admin rights you would not be able to make use of a sticky thread as you would not be able to edit it anyway

Awesome seeing some of the new recipes and items finally being useful now

ivra Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by eidolon
Could you add some clarification about the essences?
Like that they work with bracers, belts, chest armor and sarongs and that you can get all 5 essences on the same piece of armor? Also the item level determines the maximum bonus from essences.

I will add a note that specifies that enchantments generally stack. As to the exact bonuses, I might add that info as well. I am currently at level 16 in my first play-through and I had hoped to get to level 20 to be able to test properly before publishing the next version.

Originally Posted by unuroboros
This guide is invaluable. Even with direct access to the ItemCombos file this is much easier to read and make sense of the products. Appreciate it very much, thank you!

How do you get access to the different files in this game? I have tested everything in game, but I have also searched and used all the different lists I could come upon and verified with my list to make sure I got everything covered. I think I am getting close.

Originally Posted by camelotcrusade
Question: Why create new threads each time? I have to keep updating my bookmarks after I hunt down the latest version and then re-send them out to friends. I'd love to see a sticky that just gets updated.

Because of a restriction on this forum. I can only modify a post for so long. After a few days I cannot modify my posts any more.

Appreciate that you guys find these lists useful. Thanks for letting me know. smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by ivra
Because of a restriction on this forum. I can only modify a post for so long. After a few days I cannot modify my posts any more.
Does apply for mods as well? Maybe you could try to get moderator privileges and only use them here.

C
stranger
stranger
C
still no idea what Orc or other Horn does?

journeyman
journeyman
How do you get access to the different files in this game? I have tested everything in game, but I have also searched and used all the different lists I could come upon and verified with my list to make sure I got everything covered. I think I am getting close.

Start with Norbyte's LS Tools:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32263228/lstools.zip

Unpack Main.pak from your game's install, make sure to choose a different destination folder for the unpack - or else having those files in your lives game could give you weird side-effects. Now go browse through the unpacked files and check out anything you want. smile LSX files can be opened in a text editor (they're XML), and as for recipes they're to be found in Public \ Main \ Stats \ ItemCombos.txt.

Originally Posted by commander1122
still no idea what Orc or other Horn does?

LOOT_Orc_Tusk gets no mention in ItemCombos, so no it does not have any recipes currently. Which "horn" are you thinking of? There are a couple other tusks but those do have recipes.

I kinda' think the orc tusk was meant for another helmet recipe similar to the crab helm.

stranger
stranger
Thanks guy for this work !!

ivra Offline OP
OP Offline
Unpack Main.pak

How? I have tried ALZip, PAK Explorer, Dragon UnPACKer 5, and 7 zip, and they all fail on loading the file.

journeyman
journeyman
That's what LS Tools is for, I meant. smile It's a fan-made tool that can extract the contents of PAK files, among many other useful things. Here's a quick screenshot to illustrate:

http://imgur.com/M3QfHSp

ivra Offline OP
OP Offline
That's what LS Tools is for, I meant. smile It's a fan-made tool that can extract the contents of PAK files, among many other useful things. Here's a quick screenshot to illustrate:

http://imgur.com/M3QfHSp

Thanks a lot! I started it up and selected open file. Then I dismissed it since I couldn't open .pak files. I never even looked in the Tools menu...

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
OK, what does "Mysterious Fabric Dye" do?

description:

"... Can turn mere cloth scraps into something... out of this world!"

base price is 4000!

i found one in a chest.

but... it doesn't appear to combine with cloth scraps, or clothing of any kind.

looks like a bottle of black dye.

addict
addict

Divinity Original Sin - Crafting - GUIDE - Tenebrium/Tools/Armor/Weapons - Guide/Tutorial/Tips 1080p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycdta6ndv64&index=1&list=PLeusrXH_hwph41o65WJLTG_jfDCTtJWpv

Divinity Original Sin - How to Handle Tenebrium - Skill Book GUIDE - Act 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTT...;list=PLeusrXH_hwph41o65WJLTG_jfDCTtJWpv

===========================
Divinity Original Sin - How to Handle Tenebrium Skill - You Keep Me Rockin - Truth Be Told - Achievement Guide - Act2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC9uFu5rp2s

Last edited by GamezGlitchz; 30/07/14 06:48 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
About the item "Battered Cooking Pot", it doesn't require the Book "The Adventurer's Field Guide XVIII", cuz I've just made one with my Enchanter (Level 1 - Crafting 1). Btw don't waste your time guys, it's a piece of shit. About it's stats, here it goes:

Armour rating: 1
Sight: -0.85
Hearing: -0.85

Can only be worn on head.

Better doing a Pumpkin Helmet!

Last edited by Trainspottingg; 30/07/14 05:02 AM.
ivra Offline OP
OP Offline
I have some good news.

1) Thanks to Raze, this thread is now sticky. celebrate

2) Again, thanks to Raze, I do not need to create a new thread when I am ready to post new versions of this list. Instead this thread will be updated. So this recipe thread is going to be stable.

Some answers:

@Ichthyic: I do not know since I haven't found this item myself. Can you combine it with anything? If it works like ordinary dye you need to equip the modified item in order to see the color change. Let me know if you find out.

@Trainspottingg: Recipe books are never required. They only give hints to some of the available formulas. I will specify this in the next version.

journeyman
journeyman
I have some good news.
1) Thanks to Raze, this thread is now sticky. celebrate
2) Again, thanks to Raze, I do not need to create a new thread when I am ready to post new versions of this list. Instead this thread will be updated. So this recipe thread is going to be stable.

Awesome. Also, I should have thanked Angry Dave in addition to you for doing this thread, so thanks to both of you again. smile

Similar to others I've only seen the mysterious fabric dye have the effects of regular black dye. @Ivra once you get high enough level the shopkeepers who stock misc. gear will routinely start selling the mysterious dye, it's expensive so their stock has to turn over to high level mats first.

Oh, and in a recent game I actually had an air staff result from combining two branches. So maybe that fixed that now (I'm not using any mods).

Last edited by camelotcrusade; 30/07/14 06:18 AM.
I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
@Ichthyic: I do not know since I haven't found this item myself. Can you combine it with anything? If it works like ordinary dye you need to equip the modified item in order to see the color change. Let me know if you find out.

I believe it is supposed to be a permanently useable dye that gives you a random color when used on a piece of armor (based on some talk I saw on another thread), but currently I can't get it to work on anything.

I have seen them for sale from vendors that typically sell other dyes as well now.

If in your ventures through the files, you see mention of it, check to see if it is active and just has a typo somewhere, or if they just never activated it.

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
I actually had an air staff result from combining two branches

it shouldn't work. did they release a new patch and I just didn't notice?

*runs off to test*

EDIT:

just ran 45 staffs.

got pretty close to equal ratios of earth, fire, water. no air.

no random ability assignments either.

you are mistaken. You probably had a normal air staff you found somewhere already in your inventory, and thought it was one you made. staff making is still broken as of the latest patch, which is still 1.081.

now, there IS a different crafting mod on the nexus that DOES fix the staff making issue, and allows for both making air staffs, and randomly assigning ability boosts to crafted staffs.

but not in vanilla.

Similar to others I've only seen the mysterious fabric dye have the effects of regular black dye

I haven't seen the mysterious dye actually work on anything, period.

Last edited by Ichthyic; 30/07/14 05:24 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
good job smile

K
stranger
stranger
K

I am sooo glad this got stickied , just yesterday i was cryin over in the other craftin post about it.

Joshua's spice still can't be used on weapons tried with
poniard/ scythe spear bow crossbows , scimitar etc

crafting was 5 ( 2 base . 1 pragmatic, 2 gear)

it's not on the current list but ingame it's still counted as an ingredient in the tooltip so maybe we could have a part in the crafting section with ingredients that still don't work ?

or maybe joshua's spice has other use ? ( in the past it was supposed to give a large fire bonus enchant)

Anyway this was all tested on patch 1.81

Last edited by khratos; 30/07/14 12:00 PM.

argue with an idiot and he will drag you to his level then beat you with experience
I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
joshua's spice works if you use one of the mods from Nexus. just used it yesterday.

you need to follow the instructions at the top of comments for this mod to get it working in your game.

http://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/12/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fdivinityoriginalsin%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D12&pUp=1

Last edited by Ichthyic; 30/07/14 05:22 PM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
I must be doing something wrong, because basically none of the potion recipes work for me. I have empty potion bottles, and the right potions according to the list. I can combine small healing up to mediums....but I can't make larges work at all. Also can't combine any resist potions to make resist alls, using the same strength of each ingredient.

Live life on the Edge.
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard