Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
RtM #529426 27/07/14 10:26 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
To be honest I played and totally completed only Mass Effec Series and also I played Dragon Age for a littlesilly
If you`re talking about D:OS then I didn`t play yet at all because I`m waiting for Russian language rpg007

Last edited by James 540; 27/07/14 10:27 AM.

Experience is a hard master but a good teacher-Proverb of RPG player (c)
RtM #529821 27/07/14 09:27 PM
G
G
Not sure what your beef is with companies including gay relationships in games?
I had a massive laugh at having Zavren in the party. Was the most hilarious character in the entire game.
Not sure how many gay people you've met, but they are mostly a blast to be around. So taking that into games is great.
From a relationship perspective, it's not my cup of tea either, but I think it's good that they include it. No one ever forces you to go down a route you don't want *shrug*, so if you have an issue with it, don't play it that way.

WeresheepVampire of Original Sin
WoOS - https://weresheep.net/doku.php
RtM #529849 27/07/14 10:17 PM
veteran
veteran
Nothing wrong with gays... BioWare just sucks with relationships wheter they are gay, straight or something other which the term escapes me (the female you could 'date' in ME1 suddenly being a guy in ME3 "How can you not have noticed that during sex?" idiocy comes to mind).
And them putting those horrid relations on top instead of actual gameplay or a PLOT (ME2 I look at you!).

Probably talking about that... I hope.

RtM #529864 27/07/14 10:40 PM
Gameplay hasn't been anywhere near the top of BioWare's list of priorities in many many years, sadly.

RtM #532309 30/07/14 06:34 AM
G
G
Annnnd D:OS dropped to 4th place behind DayZ, AOE Bundle and Lengend of Heroes..
Would have thought D:OS would stay on top with that competition.
30 days basically almost non stop at the top is pretty good so expected it would drop a little.
Not sure if it'll manage to get top for any extended time anymore, but can always hope.

K
K
Originally Posted by Garod
Not sure what your beef is with companies including gay relationships in games?

No problem with including, large problem with shoehorning. For example, everything in Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3 was insulting, and so far, from pre-release material, it looks like the new Dragon Age is going to be even more of a disgusting pandering, agenda platform than those two other games. Dragon Age Origins did it fine, Fallout New Vegas did it expertly, Arcade Ganon is probably the single best handled homosexual character of the last generation, much better than agenda pushing drivel like Gone Home and modern BioWare games.

RtM #532677 30/07/14 03:57 PM
R
RtM Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Oh, stop. Go start your beef with the quality of homosexual relationships in another thread. This is about being #1 in sales and its currently in 6th!! mad

Obviously we are having a bit of an epidemic. The lack have patches lately has seen a steady downturn in sales. GET ON IT LARIAN!

headbanging

RtM #532685 30/07/14 04:12 PM
stranger
stranger
I do think that sometimes the top sellers list in Steam is a bit of a fix. I mean come on. They sometimes release something in a sale thats a load of poop and it mysteriously becomes a better top seller than some of the AAA titles. Funny how it quickly disappears after the sale finishes. Right now is a perfect example. At least 3 of those out perfoming DOS are old re-releases in a sale. I rest my case.

If you are going to judge steam games by top sellers then do it by how long they have ranked. DOS might even move back up after some of the other fluff has disappeared.

Last edited by Col Whatmecallit; 30/07/14 04:21 PM.

Don't you just hate it when you forget where you parked the dragon.
RtM #532710 30/07/14 05:01 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RtM
Oh, stop. Go start your beef with the quality of homosexual relationships in another thread. This is about being #1 in sales and its currently in 6th!! mad

Obviously we are having a bit of an epidemic. The lack have patches lately has seen a steady downturn in sales. GET ON IT LARIAN!

headbanging

They're on vacation until the 4th. That's why there have been no patches for a while.

RtM #532716 30/07/14 05:15 PM
G
G
didn't see it as 6th but it's 3rd now again

RtM #532737 30/07/14 06:26 PM
stranger
stranger
Whatever its rank, it is one of the only games released in a long time that's actually worth buying at full price. Being an old geezer who loves games, the last 10 or so years have been rough. Finally a proper game comes out. I hope more developers take note.

RtM #533499 31/07/14 04:09 PM
veteran
veteran
I just replay DA:O. While it's overall a nice game combat is so much stronger in D:OS...

D:OS deserves all the praise. I hope it stays in the Steam top 10 for a long time. smile

Last edited by LordCrash; 31/07/14 04:10 PM.

WOOS
R
RtM Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by LordCrash
I just replay DA:O. While it's overall a nice game combat is so much stronger in D:OS...

D:OS deserves all the praise. I hope it stays in the Steam top 10 for a long time. smile

So true. Most other turn-based fighting is feeling a bit dumb'd down in comparison to D:OS. I'm having a difficult time convincing my GF to try D:OS because she was such a fan of DA:A haha. Not that its a bad game by any stretch. I quite enjoy it. But there is a bigger sense of satisfaction from D:OS.

Which is why it should be #1 ON STEAM AGAIN!!!

Last edited by RtM; 31/07/14 07:32 PM.
RtM #534151 01/08/14 10:55 AM
F
stranger
stranger
F
I do hope this game stays in the Top 10 for a good long while. 6 months would be great! If they can net around $10 million that would be a huge step in favor of old-school games rules rather than the predigested swill that most RPGs are these days. Oops, my bias is showing. smile

However, I am one of those people that is waiting for a bit of a price drop. I have a good friend and we are itching to get into another good co-op game for our weekly gaming sessions, but $80 USD is a bit much. That's the price of Steam Digital Collectors Edition + another Source Hunter DLC (so both of us have access to the DLC). I personally dislike DLC. It almost never gets the same level of reviews and critics that the core game gets and that to me just feels wrong that the developer is 'gaming' the system to get more money. To be fair, I'll do a bit more research before I make a final determination. Yes I know I can buy the normal game sans DLC, but if I get 2 copies then I am losing out on a $20 savings, the DLC, and the soundtrack (I'd enjoy that bit).

That and waiting a bit for the devs to patch the game so saving is not so problematic. I have a 64-bit machine but my friend is running a 32 bit version of windows (where the problem tends to show up).

RtM #534178 01/08/14 11:36 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
concurrent players on D:OS:
http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&appid=230230

Its probably estimated though. Highest I saw was 22k of players as compared to the highest on the graph which is 21k.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by henryv
concurrent players on D:OS:
http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&appid=230230

Its probably estimated though. Highest I saw was 22k of players as compared to the highest on the graph which is 21k.

Even better stats: http://steamcharts.com/app/230230

Almost 20k people play D:OS at the same time at the weekends. That't pretty stable since release, although overall player numbers are slowly going down which is quite natural.

Last edited by LordCrash; 01/08/14 04:58 PM.

WOOS
addict
addict
Originally Posted by FlynnDOS
However, I am one of those people that is waiting for a bit of a price drop. I have a good friend and we are itching to get into another good co-op game for our weekly gaming sessions, but $80 USD is a bit much. That's the price of Steam Digital Collectors Edition + another Source Hunter DLC (so both of us have access to the DLC). I personally dislike DLC. It almost never gets the same level of reviews and critics that the core game gets and that to me just feels wrong that the developer is 'gaming' the system to get more money. To be fair, I'll do a bit more research before I make a final determination. Yes I know I can buy the normal game sans DLC, but if I get 2 copies then I am losing out on a $20 savings, the DLC, and the soundtrack (I'd enjoy that bit).

Interesting fact, but Larian only added the DLC by user request. It was originally intended as CE only items. It's not really essential, though. The Golden Grail simply makes clothing/armor a bit more valuable (most of the time, I forget to even use it), and the Trunks just mock you while you play. That only leaves the design documents/art and the soundtrack, and Kirill has the soundtrack available on his website for free. None of it is game changing.

RtM #534609 01/08/14 10:22 PM
apprentice
apprentice
Back at number 1, at least for the moment.

I blame Sacred 3 - bringing in RPG fans and then scaring them off with lousy reviews.

RtM #534805 02/08/14 05:35 AM
G
G
yay we took over the nr 1 spot again !

RtM #534856 02/08/14 06:47 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
its back to being #1 smile

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard