Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 33 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 32 33
Originally Posted by Liannah
Is there a way to use this to trick the game into thinking I have all the bloodstones? I did legitimately collect them, but the game isn't giving me credit for them and therefore, I can't progress through the Source Temple.

Did you use up the bloodstones?

W
stranger
stranger
W
Hi,

I got an issue maybe you can help me out Moose..

My character icons are both a ?-mark instead of a portrait, any tips how to fix that ?

N
stranger
stranger
N
Hello guys, I need help with MooseEdit. I'm starting it, enter the location of my PlayerProfile and game data folders, press "Load" but nothing happens. And the load button is grey and unclickable until editor restard. Can someone tell me if I'm doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by Buddy666
Originally Posted by HerrRuin
Iï½´ve got the same issue like Genus:
"When I load the .exe it complains about not being able to find registry entries but loads after I hit "Ok". I had tried to load a few savegames but every time I click "Load" the program crashes after about 5 seconds."

After starting the mooseedit.exe i get the message "Failed to open registry key:2"

Any suggestions would be great! Thx smile

Hello. got the same problem like HerrRuin.
Message of registry key 2 missing.
And the editor crash after hit the "load" button.

And yes i choose the good folder, yes i've tried all the Alpha from 1 to 7, with all my saves with mod and with my old save without mod but nothing to do, still crash T_T

Please Helpppp. thankyou

Hello. @DairyMoose -> Big thanks, No more problem with your Alpha 8, no more registry key 2 missing, no more crash, well.... all works fine now laugh

No faith
O
stranger
stranger
O
Originally Posted by Dairymoose
New version alpha8.

I got rid of the registry key message (this appears if you don't have a steam installation and it can't resolve the game data/save folder paths). If anyone knows about registry keys to find the game installation path for a non-steam installation, I can add it.

Changes:
Fixed several potential crashes
Added "Talents" editor
Added tooltips for shields
Fixed in-game crash that would often occur when changing a weapon/armor/shield's level

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/xggb2364417f4/MooseEdit

Hey thanks for this latest update to your editor.

However, I'm getting an error when opening it on my Win XP PC. It says "The procedure entry point RegGetValueA could not be located in the dynamic link library ADVAPI32.dll"

G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by OmegaSin
Originally Posted by Dairymoose
New version alpha8.

I got rid of the registry key message (this appears if you don't have a steam installation and it can't resolve the game data/save folder paths). If anyone knows about registry keys to find the game installation path for a non-steam installation, I can add it.

Changes:
Fixed several potential crashes
Added "Talents" editor
Added tooltips for shields
Fixed in-game crash that would often occur when changing a weapon/armor/shield's level

Hey thanks for this latest update to your editor.

However, I'm getting an error when opening it on my Win XP PC. It says "The procedure entry point RegGetValueA could not be located in the dynamic link library ADVAPI32.dll"

I believe this is a problem with the code using the RegGetValueA call on a Windows XP system containing an old version of the Windows Advanced API instead of using the RegQueryValue() call on the current version of the API. If I am right, there are only two ways to correct this: Upgrade your system to an OS that isn't 13 years old or DairyMoose needs to make the change in his code.

Hopefully I'm wrong =)

W
stranger
stranger
W
anyone can help me out how i can edit my character portraits in the tool ?

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
An interesting feature suggestion:

Duplicate/Copy item
so you can have duplicates of books, scrolls, the tenebrium craft book, etc.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I don't know if I'm missing something, but when I try to add mods to any armor and/or weapons, they never save to the item. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by somedude1800; 04/08/14 09:06 PM.
U
stranger
stranger
U
Hello Dairymoose,

thank you for your Editor. Good Job.

I have only one small point. If I change the value of a "traits" then the new value is not stored. If I load the stored file again, I get the old value and not the new value.

I use the "Dev" raider to change the traits.
Dev --> Character --> PlayerData --> PlayerUpgrade --> Traits.

ulric #536858 04/08/14 11:06 PM
U
stranger
stranger
U
Hello Winzalot,

all portraits are part of one large file in dds-format.
This file can be modified with Gimp and so you can create your own portrait.

I use the following mod as base to create my own Portraits. I use the alternative installation method.
http://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/18/?

ulric #536941 05/08/14 04:26 AM
D
OP Offline
D
alpha9

Now has an editor for traits and abilities.
No skills editor yet.
No "add item" yet.
No equipment view yet.

Various stability improvements for item editor (less in-game crashes).
Now uses RegQueryValueExA instead of RegGetValueA.

Last edited by Dairymoose; 05/08/14 04:41 AM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
So your product here is amazing, and due to my own incompetence I cant seem to edit items Dairymoose. I took the training sword you get as a fighter, start of the game, and tried adding perm boosts and mods to it but none of them stick. I even used the character ones you suggested for the perms ( wasn't an option on the mods...) I just get the same old weapon. Every time. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

Here are my steps;

1. select item (training sword)
2. Pick some mods (leadership)
3. pick the power of said mod (2) [do I need a + before the 2 or something?]
4. pick some permboosts (same formula as above choose one add a number for the value of the boost)
5. Apply.
6. Save the save.
7. load up in game and be disappointed.

Any help would be appreciated.

A
stranger
stranger
A
a great tool thankyou
finnaly i can edit my weapon and armour
[Linked Image]

H
stranger
stranger
H
Back after almost 2 weeks and tried your new alpha9 and:

It works!!! No errors laugh !! Iï½´m finaly able to play this game again.

very BIG THX Dairymoose - quite good job man smile

stranger
stranger
I have a problem when modifying and saving a savegame with either Dairymoose's editor or Norbyte's LStools after which I can't alter my character's portrait (question marks instead of portraits) or change appearance. I just wonder whether anybody else is having similar problem.

W
stranger
stranger
W
Magus, i got the same issue, hope someone here can help us out :P

N
stranger
stranger
N
Guys can anyone help me? MooseEdit doesn't work. I select a path to my PlayerProfiles and GameData folders, press load and nothing happens. Also I'm running a non-steam version of the game.

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by Almightycricket
So your product here is amazing, and due to my own incompetence I cant seem to edit items Dairymoose. I took the training sword you get as a fighter, start of the game, and tried adding perm boosts and mods to it but none of them stick. I even used the character ones you suggested for the perms ( wasn't an option on the mods...) I just get the same old weapon. Every time. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

Here are my steps;

1. select item (training sword)
2. Pick some mods (leadership)
3. pick the power of said mod (2) [do I need a + before the 2 or something?]
4. pick some permboosts (same formula as above choose one add a number for the value of the boost)
5. Apply.
6. Save the save.
7. load up in game and be disappointed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Are you sure you clicked the "Mods" button? When adding a mod, you can select which mod to add but you cannot input any values. The values are already defined. Perhaps you clicked the "PermBoosts" button and thought it was the mods section?

In addition, the PermBoost section contains some values that don't work (I will remove these in a later release). One example that does work is Character -> Strength (or any other base attribute).
If this still does not work, I can try this scenario myself, but I don't see why it would fail.

T
stranger
stranger
T
well same here, changing to unique works, changing any item to Legendary doesn't also adding mods doesn't work. You edit legendary items to add more mods but you can't create that way legendary items from common

Page 9 of 33 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard