Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I am using the "05m_PoorHouse_A_Platform_Stairs_4_A_item" which is from the original game but the AI does not recognize that you should be able to walk on it. It is always displayed as red after recalculating the AI Grid.

How can I make this work?

enthusiast
enthusiast
You can manually 'paint' the grid to suit your needs. Check the options in the AI bar, below the big FULL GENERATE etc. buttons. You should be able to select 'movement' and 'allow' and some such and you'll be able to apply green tiles to the grid using the circle brush.

Last edited by Noaloha; 11/08/14 04:42 PM.

Escape From Smalcatraz: Steam/Nexus. Forum thread.
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
What he said. You can find out the specifics in one of the tutorial videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3R6pVTOjDw

Join #TheDivinityEngine at irc.gamesurge.net, help build a live modding community! Related forum topic here.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Blablabla
I am using the "05m_PoorHouse_A_Platform_Stairs_4_A_item" which is from the original game but the AI does not recognize that you should be able to walk on it. It is always displayed as red after recalculating the AI Grid.

How can I make this work?

Make sure in the side-war ([X] Is walkable) is checked if that still doesn't do it then maybe those stairs are not meant to be walked upon ;P

stranger
stranger
Also, remember to copy the newly created AI folder in your Data\Mods\[your mod] folder into the Levels\[correct level] and overwrite the existing data. If you keep trying to generate the AI and haven't copied it over in awhile (or have quit/rejoined), it will be whatever data was last seen in that level folder.

Unless that problem has been fixed by now, but I don't know if that's true.

"Sorrow - How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."
-Vivi
enthusiast
enthusiast
The AI folder saving correctly was supposedly fixed in Friday's version update. Yay. Haven't actually tested it myself though.

Escape From Smalcatraz: Steam/Nexus. Forum thread.
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Noaloha
You can manually 'paint' the grid to suit your needs. Check the options in the AI bar, below the big FULL GENERATE etc. buttons. You should be able to select 'movement' and 'allow' and some such and you'll be able to apply green tiles to the grid using the circle brush.

I know, I was just hoping there was a way to make the automatic AI Grid generator recognize it.

Originally Posted by Vivikain
Also, remember to copy the newly created AI folder in your Data\Mods\[your mod] folder into the Levels\[correct level] and overwrite the existing data. If you keep trying to generate the AI and haven't copied it over in awhile (or have quit/rejoined), it will be whatever data was last seen in that level folder.

Unless that problem has been fixed by now, but I don't know if that's true.
I never had that problem. No idea why.

Originally Posted by eRe4s3r

Make sure in the side-war ([X] Is walkable) is checked if that still doesn't do it then maybe those stairs are not meant to be walked upon ;P
"Is Walkable" is checked and the item is used in Luculla Forest. It's the stairs up to the Miners' Office in Silverglen. That apostrophe is probably wrong. Well.

Link Copied to Clipboard