Print Thread
#547196 22/08/14 10:47 PM
R
rayDawg Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
I've been having this error message since downloading the divinity engine that stated "The files of mod 'Main' and/or its dependencies are invalid. This can be caused by corrupt files or some files may have been changed. You wont be able to play this mod in multiplayer."

I've tried deleting my public folder inside the Divinity game's steam folder, renaming my Divinity Original Sin folder inside .../documents/Larian Studios and made a new profile, and still this problem persists. I even tried deleting the entire game and reinstalling it but still nothing.

Can someone help?

Support
Support

That error can also be caused by a missing configuration file. Try starting the game directly from the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Shipping\EoCApp.exe' program file by right clicking and running as administrator. Then change some sound or graphics settings, exit and restart.

R
rayDawg Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
I tried editing my video and sound settings. I then exited and opened the application and I still get the error.

Support
Support

So the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\Mods' folder is empty.
Same for '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Mods'.

Yet even when starting the game as administrator directly from the executable you still get the error?

I know you re-installed, but try verifying local files and see if that has any effect.

enthusiast
enthusiast
You mentioned you reinstalled D:OS, but didn't mention if you reinstalled the Editor. I'm not 100% certain on this, but wouldn't that error show up if the user (a) set up the Editor using the wrong file paths then went on to tinker with a quick empty mod, or (b) set up a new mod and accidentally used 'Main' as a dependency instead of just a data pack?

Escape From Smalcatraz: Steam/Nexus. Forum thread.
R
rayDawg Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Originally Posted by Raze

So the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\Mods' folder is empty.
Same for '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Mods'.

Yet even when starting the game as administrator directly from the executable you still get the error?

I know you re-installed, but try verifying local files and see if that has any effect.

I just remembered I had several test mods and deleted them. Now it runs fine. Thank you!

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard