Y
Yahku Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Y
Game finished - Thanksgiving and Feedback

Hey Mates from Larian,

i recently finished Divinity - Original Sin and wanted to thank you for a really great game. Definitely one of the best of its genre that exists! I really enjoied every aspect of the game, beginning at the harmonious atmosphere (Graphics, Music!, living world, etc) over a fascinating questdesign, story and a very nice open character developement with a very challenging core, but including the possibility to get really mighty - even for "hard" setting - with a fitting character set up. That, all together, is what the heart of a genre fan really needs!

While playing the game i collected some ideas and issues for a little feedback to help you to further improve this great game. So here is my list:

[Bugs]

• Sometimes while playing, the secrets (from secret maps from merchants) dissapeared. Loading helped here.
  • Some item types do not stack (always) (for example two stacks of Steamcloud Arrows 4 and 6 were not possible to merge, extreme for rubies, about seven stacks for ten rubies were needed)

[Usability]
  • The Battle Camera was sometimes very annoying. If one is interested in getting an overview, it is not possible while enemies move. Also very problematic was the focussing on every range attack, if only a small part of the enemy was in sight and i had to rearrange the camera after every attack. At the end my hasted ranger had 34 Action Points leading to 11 Shots per round - 11 times readjusting the camera if an enemy was on a "bad" position for me.
  • It would be very nice if window positions - especially for bags - would be saved. I cannot count how many times i dragged the bag windows away from my inventory.
  • The curserdelay (~3 seconds) directly after casting a spell was annoying, preventing even another character from moving
  • It would be very nice to have the "De-Equip" removed, if temporaryly prerequisites for items are not given. After every Weakness effekt, i forgot to re quip the stuff. I dont want the stats from the equip back in battle and it would also be okay to suffer the stats until the end of combat (ever saw someone dressing his platearmour in battle? wink
  • An option to turn of automatic shortcut fill would be nice
  • Character movement stop after attack of opportunity makes battle orders a bit snatchy
  • Some of the popup information really doesn't need Dialog Windows. I sometimes misclicked an already identified item for example, showing up a dialog window which had to be closed by the "Accept"-Button before beeing able to proceed.

[Performance]
  • Book opening causes laggs at ~15 books, but only one book is open at the same time, using the same window.

[Gameplay]
  • I was surprised by the Tenebrium Ability and skilled some unfitting other stuff at the beginning of the game. I resetted my ranger, but lost all my skills. Thats okay - so far - but there was (did i miss something?) no option to get the "Barrage" Skill back. I searched the internet and found that several other people had the same problem. An option to get all skills (back, from merchants? Special Quests? High Prices from the Demon itself?) would be nice!
  • The behaviour of NPCs with high attitude while out combat attacking them was strange. Some of them died by five attacks without engaging me!
  • No crafting with Tenebrium makes Tenebrium weapons completely useless due to the possibility to enhance others with Tenebrium
  • The elemental prince, Sua, doesn't have fire immunity. I wanted to heal myself with Explode nearby the elemental forge and heavily damaged him by accident
  • Tougher bosses in Phantom forest would be nice - at least relative to the normal enemies. Some of them died by using a single Meteor Shower spell ("hard" setting). And some of the normal enemies were at least as tough as the bosses (in both, defense and offense).
  • An option to turn of walking around surfaces would be nice. The Aartifical Intelligence in this point is very nice at the beginning, i really praised it. But after getting >120% fire resistance for example, it really was a pain.

So far from me, i hope it helps a bit.

Yahku

Last edited by Yahku; 21/09/14 05:03 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Yahku
An option to turn of walking around surfaces would be nice. The Aartifical Intelligence in this point is very nice at the beginning, i really praised it. But after getting >120% fire resistance for example, it really was a pain.

Some excellent points, remember that it is extremely rare to get over 80% resistances in the base game though smile

old hand
old hand
Good points, my fav you mention is:

"It would be very nice to have the "De-Equip" removed, if temporaryly prerequisites for items are not given."

IMO there is something wrong with the design, when you get debuffs that take your attributes below the armors pre-req, imo in the name of fluid gameplay, these debuffs should be excluded from armor pre-req's. Annoying. Or at least, auto-requip.

Y
Yahku Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Y
Originally Posted by synra

Some excellent points, remember that it is extremely rare to get over 80% resistances in the base game though smile

Depends on play style an character set up. If you use crafting, you really can get high resistances. I played the base game without any mods or cheats or whatever. My tank-mage had 200% fire resistance (cap) and an average of ~130 to all resistances. Perfect for healing with area affects between some enemies! wink
Crafting gives you: 25% all elemental resistances on armor, 25% all elemental on helm and 20% all on bracers. And single 25% on shield.

Link Copied to Clipboard