Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#523170 18/07/14 09:11 PM
meme Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Having finished the game (warning you cannot finish quests after the final fight) I was unable to close the following quests:

1) War of the stones - not sure why maybe i missed an orc somehwere?

2) The watch is coming - never understood what i was suppose to do here

3) Slaves and Masters - first i healed frederick with a bloodstone - then i found the imp later and 'talked' him into returning - the quest was then updated with giving him a courage potion - i made such a potion but when i talked the imp into returning - he took off so I don't have an imp to give the potion too .... - not sure if he should be some place obvious or if the quest is bugged.

4) Headless nick - i failed an RPS at the start of the game so i could find no way to interact with the head (it can't see invis) without killing a bunch of town folks and I didn't wnat to kill a bunch of town folks for headless nick. I think there should be a pacifist way to solve this quest even if you fail RPS.
--
Oh yea - another thing I did not understand is in source temple:
after i open the earth door - i'm able to get an air key but i never actually seemed to use that key...
---

DId I miss something or were there ways to close these quests ?

Last edited by meme; 18/07/14 09:13 PM.
veteran
veteran
4) Across from the performing guy there's another comedian performing by himself with nobody paying attention to him. Investigate a bit then go talk to the dude without spectators and agree to help him. Go back to the marketing agent of the dude with the head and convince him to go help the dude that doesn't have anybody. Once all the spectators leave go talk to the dude that's now alone with the head and tell him his agent has left him. He'll go over there all mad and you'll be left alone with the head which you can now grab without a commotion.

meme Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
That's the RPS i lost at the start of the game; i failed to convince the crowd warmer to switch jobs.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I had the same problem for Headless Nick. My solution: Teleport the guy that owns the head out of sight and murder him. It gave me access to talk to the head wink

I also couldn't finish War of Stones, Trapped in Crystal (or wateva its called) and the Goblin head one, because Lawrence was already dead due to the another quest. And whats with the Watch is Coming quest? I've met the escaping Imps, but there's no clues about what you're supposed to do?

Would be nice if there was a way to force resolve these.

addict
addict
You can just pay him or am I wrong?

A
stranger
stranger
A
Yeah, usually you can just pay the crowd wrangler guy to change to the other performer, but only if you don't fail the RPS... so once you fail it, there aren't any other options to complete headless nick quest that I know of - besides death by murder wink

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
i cannot close quest headless Nick. I decided not to return head to corpse and daughter just shout at me. quest does'not close in journal.

another bug not quest related (i did not find topic on bugs so let it be here) talent quickdraw doesn't work with crossbows (obliviously ranged weapon).

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
I killed everyone and took the head cause i hate unfinished quests.

stranger
stranger
"The Watch is Coming" quest is solved in Knight's Tomb in Dark Forest.
You could either send the Watch to Cyseal or tell them that imps are at Homestead. If you choose the former option, you need to meet them in Cyseal. If the latter - just talk with the imp called Dark Underlord at Homestead. Or is there any other problem with this quest?
Myself, I couldn't finish "Lady in the Lake" (I didn't get it. What was I supposed to do?), "Prisoners in Crystals" (or whatever, I don't remember the name. It's in Hiberheim), "Frederick's Blood Stone" (He was dead after I gave the Courage Potion to the Imp) and the Whiskey Quest (I found the book with recipe first and when I 'made' Whiskey, I already killed bartender. Due to "Armory key" quest).

meme Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I think the problem is that my homestead got stuck; so when I met the watch is comming the imps had not yet appeared. Maybe it would be close-able if I went back there. I might reload the game just before the final fight and go back and see if it is completeable.

Any clue about the air key you get in the tomb from the earth door ? After I opened the earth door and got the air key - i did the candels and then the final two fights. I never actually found a use for the air key.
-
From what people are saying the imp quest is buggy and it seems common to not be finished.
-
@Finjas For lady in the lake (I got stuck on this one too but the answer is that there is a small section in hibberon (sp) forest that is blocked off by a lever. The key to the lever is nearby - if you go there you will find the lady in the lake and close the quest.

meme Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
shameless bump in case someone has some answers....

M
stranger
stranger
M
bump
War of the Stones wont resolve

Link Copied to Clipboard