Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
vometia Online Sleepy OP
Duchess of Gorgombert
OP Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Having just been infesting the Bethesda forums and asking to have my photo changed, it occurs to me that I don't know what anybody here looks like. Well, I mean other than the indisputable fact that everyone looks exactly like their avatar.

So here's a topic to rectify that, should anybody be enough of an exhibitionist to do so. It's always nice to put a face to a name, after all (or even a name to a name... mine's Christine, even though people tend to call me Vom/Vommie/Vometia anyway).

Here's mine, the same one I'm currently using for my avatar. Yay, lens flare! It got confused about the exposure thanks to the sun coming out through the window behind me. "Smile", people keep saying to me. That is a smile, at least the best I can manage when there's a camera pointed at me.

The Divinity box lurking behind my head is actually accidental, in spite of looking suspiciously like a product placement.

Edit: meh, I kinda hate that picture now. Time to replace it with another one I hate.

Kept for posterity, but I'm removing the image tag. https://christinemunro.com/images/bits/christine.20141008.4.jpg

Last edited by vometia; 02/11/20 12:23 PM.

J'aime le fromage.
Ahh the old Bethesda boards, I remember the old Beth boards.... infact it's been so long I don't even remember what my forum handle is. ouch

But since you mentioned Bethesda boards and photos in the same sentence, you just dun gone made me do it...

[Linked Image]

They call me Jason *waves*

And never mind the strange product placement in the back, have no idea where that came from... honest! evil

Also gave me an idea for a new forum icon too, now I really do look like my avatar! hahaha

Last edited by Von_Rotten; 03/02/15 04:28 PM.

I pledged and all I got was this lousy awesome game!
vometia Online Sleepy OP
Duchess of Gorgombert
OP Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Never mind the product placement, it's a wonderful hat. laugh And it's always nice to see who we're talking to, I think. smile

And your avatar's awesome!

J'aime le fromage.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Hi there! I'm Julian!

[Linked Image]

I'm from Texas, and I've been playing the Original Sin series since DOS classic. I am a college student, double majoring in History as well as Computer Science. It's nice to meet you all!

Edit: Oh gosh, the picture turned out huge!!! How do I tone it down?

Last edited by SlamPow; 05/10/16 05:47 AM.
vometia Online Sleepy OP
Duchess of Gorgombert
OP Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Yay, another person makes an appearance! It's always cool to put a face to a name. I'm normally not too bad at guessing what someone looks like but hadn't managed to do so this time ("they look so young these days", etc).

I usually use Gimp to resize stuff, or ImageMagick if I'm in a command-line mood. I think sites like imgur automatically resize for you, and failing any of them, I can do it for you if that would help.

J'aime le fromage.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by vometia
Yay, another person makes an appearance! It's always cool to put a face to a name. I'm normally not too bad at guessing what someone looks like but hadn't managed to do so this time ("they look so young these days", etc).

I usually use Gimp to resize stuff, or ImageMagick if I'm in a command-line mood. I think sites like imgur automatically resize for you, and failing any of them, I can do it for you if that would help.

Thanks for the offer! I thought about it, and I've decided against resizing it. I prefer when I can see every individual follicle on someone's forehead, and I'm sure others feel the same.

For the record, I'm totally 22, I just don't look it! And by the way, what did you think I looked like?

vometia Online Sleepy OP
Duchess of Gorgombert
OP Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by SlamPow
Thanks for the offer! I thought about it, and I've decided against resizing it. I prefer when I can see every individual follicle on someone's forehead, and I'm sure others feel the same.

laugh

Originally Posted by SlamPow
For the record, I'm totally 22, I just don't look it! And by the way, what did you think I looked like?

I dunno, really: whatever it was, I think I realised I was probably being influenced by my own avatar glaring at me. I'm just surprised to see other people who look happy and not like they've just fallen out the wrong side of bed. biggrin

J'aime le fromage.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah, I've been told that I'm the happiest person they know by a lot of people. Even these forums make me really happy, even if it doesn't seem like it. (maybe that's just because I like to argue, though)

vometia Online Sleepy OP
Duchess of Gorgombert
OP Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
I think a lot of people consider a good argument to be the spice of life. Personally, I prefer chocolate; even though it's not a spice, it's a vitamin.

J'aime le fromage.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I agree. Although, I prefer coffee ice cream for my caffeine fix :p

enthusiast
enthusiast
Here's a bad photo of me last Xmas

[Linked Image]

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

vometia Online Sleepy OP
Duchess of Gorgombert
OP Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Yay, nice to see another of us more mature gamers on the forum. smile Actually, I just realised that "mature" is about the last word I should use to describe myself, but y'know.

J'aime le fromage.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Lol, me neither. Acting half my age is something I see nothing wrong with. Some of my family members disagree with that however smile

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

enthusiast
enthusiast
Hey man, lookin' good! The white hair suits your sassy look. I've always wanted white hair myself. smile My Grandpa has it, so it runs in the family, meaning I have a decent chance.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I started going grey at 22 now that I'm 40 its almost completely white. I've shaved it all off now.

vometia Online Sleepy OP
Duchess of Gorgombert
OP Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Sorry, I somehow failed to spot you were also such a young 'un because I'm sometimes not the most observant person. So "get off my lawn", etc. biggrin

My hair has also been misbehaving for many years. In the last five (so yeah, since my mid 40s, ahem) I've been regularly dying it and will continue to do so pretty much forever. I usually choose the rather vaguely named "Arizona Copper" but went for my natural colour in that photo, which also features a bit of a Sera hairdo: it was annoying me so I employed the services of the kitchen scissors to reduce the level of irritation by erratically increasing the level of my fringe. My hairdresser was appalled that I'd committed such vandalism, or at least that I'd done it unsupervised.

J'aime le fromage.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Nah, I didn't bother dying it. Neither did my stepmother who is sat at the side of me.

journeyman
journeyman
Mine is my avatar, or Other Joe, depending on which is which!

We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents. - Bob Ross
A
veteran
veteran
A
I can be found very well hidden on RPGWatch.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
vometia Online Sleepy OP
Duchess of Gorgombert
OP Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
I seem to be getting too old and lazy for finding "very well hidden". biggrin Also newish picture, still fat, still can't smile when there's a camera pointed at me.

Also the late, great Bob Ross is posting here? Awesome, if slightly perturbing.

J'aime le fromage.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard