Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
ivra Offline OP
OP Offline
Updated the list and pdf to match the changes in version 219 of the game.

Notice that the switching of the names 'Bottle of Swirling Mud' and 'Fiery Heart' does not work if you just load an old save game. My guess is that you have to start a new game, but I have not verified it. I just switched the names in the list since one of the patch entries specified that it was fixed.

Last edited by ivra; 01/11/14 10:48 AM.
ivra Offline OP
OP Offline
The link to download the pdf file does not work anymore. Apparently Dropbox does not allow unlimited downloads from a free account. Does anybody know of a free file sharing site that does?

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by ivra
The link to download the pdf file does not work anymore. Apparently Dropbox does not allow unlimited downloads from a free account. Does anybody know of a free file sharing site that does?

You could try Mega https://mega.co.nz/ I have used it previously without issues

ivra Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks, but that will only be a temporary solution since they have a bandwidth limit as well. Since the dropbox link do not work at all this temporary link will have to do for now. The first post is updated to include the new link.

ivra Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks to Raze the pdf file can now be downloaded directly from a server at Larian Studios. This is a good, permanent, and stable solution that does not depend on the policy of different file sharing providers. The link in the first post is updated.

O
stranger
stranger
O
You are legend my friend. Great guide!

And yet another huge thank you, ivra, for this guide as well!

J
stranger
stranger
J
That's a super work www.etuigalaxytab4.com

Last edited by jean103; 04/02/15 08:28 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I'd like to note something, in case it hasn't been mentioned:

I just (latest patch) tried to combine a Mug of Beer with a stack of Dinner, to make Dwarven Stew.

It didn't work. The popup where it asks me how much I want to make comes up, the image of a Dwarven Stew is shown, and it goes through the "loading bar" as it crafts, but then I get nothing, and nothing is consumed.

Splitting the stack of Dinners up before combining it with the Mug of Beer solved it.

I don't know what caused it or where to report it, or if it's a known bug, but I just thought I'd mention it here.

The Crafting system in DO:S is great, but damn, keeping track of it is an utter bitch. Also, food could really stand to last (much) longer, I don't really see much of a point to it right now, except between-fights healing, but if that's it, why have +Str or +Int modifiers on things?

It's not like you'll be eating 18 cheese wheels while fighting dragons, anyway.

Support
Support

That is a known issue; for the Dwarven/Elven Stew, the default number to make isn't set on the lowest value if you are combining stacks of different sizes.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Ivra, may I suggest separating the Arrow and the Arrowhead recipes in the .pdf? It's very messy right now and honestly virtually all Arrow recipes are just Arrowhead + Shaft, anyway.

What's important is to list how to make the arrowheads, so while I think you should definitely keep the Arrow recipes for completionism's sake, they should be separated. They can still be in the same section, just Arrowheads first and Arrows second.

Also, the .pdf should include the legend (explaining "HL" and so on).

Last edited by Luckmann; 06/03/15 08:40 PM.
I think the current list order has its advantages too. E.g. from the current version it's immediately apparent that you can craft most of the arrows from basic materials yourself except fire, water, smokescreen and freezing arrows, for which you cannot create arrowheads.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by SleepyBadger
I think the current list order has its advantages too. E.g. from the current version it's immediately apparent that you can craft most of the arrows from basic materials yourself except fire, water, smokescreen and freezing arrows, for which you cannot create arrowheads.

But.. that wouldn't be less immediately apparent just because you'd sort the recipes in that section organically rather than alphabetically...?

I had to scroll up and down several times and look through all the recipes looking for Water/Fire Arrowheads because the sorting felt odd and I wasn't sure if I was missing something.

Last edited by Luckmann; 07/03/15 10:16 AM.
ivra Offline OP
OP Offline
I'll change it if there are at least 5 voices for changing it and at least 67% more voices for changing it than for keeping it as it is.

Currently there are:
Voices for the current version: 1
Voices for grouping the arrows and arrowheads into separate groups: 1

veteran
veteran
I'll also support moving the arrowheads into a separate group from arrows.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Ivra (and AngryDave) first a very big THANK YOU for the crafting guide. It is awesome and has really added to the great fun I get from this game.

I found this works:

Strong sinew + knife => two sinew

Last edited by Golgamesh; 19/03/15 11:11 PM.

Taxation without representation is still tyranny
G
stranger
stranger
G
Hello,

I see there is no water arrow recipe here. Could you confirm me whether this recipe has been removed, or you missed it during post creation for some reason, or do you have no idea about it ?

Thanks in advance,

Gegezz

G
stranger
stranger
G
nvm just read you said it's wasn't possible.

I'm pretty sure crafting water arrows was possible during beta though.

Last edited by gegezz; 15/10/15 08:28 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Are most of the recipes the same in EE or does someone know of a more up to date list of recipes?

ivra Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Xionanx
I "Dumped" all the recipes that are in the game and posted them here:

http://divinity.wikia.com/wiki/Crafting_(DOS_EE)

These were pulled straight out of the game files, and barring any mistakes on my part, should represent an accurate representation of ALL in game recipes.

**Note, still in the process of cleaning up some names and removing redundancies.

This list posted by Xionanx is the complete list of recipes in EE.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard