Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Rhidian Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
R
I suppose that I'll have to redo the script changes in the new story files when I have the time.

apprentice
apprentice
Many thanks for your amazing work so far smile

B
stranger
stranger
B
I must be dumb because I can't seem to get the mod to work. I've tried the current steam workshop version and the one linked here neither will let me create a game. I would love to get to play this mod it sounds awesome. Please help!

R
Rhidian Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
R
I have now carefully checked the Story scripts and this version (also on Steam Workshop) should work:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/kiog32hnn6e1qbk/JourneyLoneWolfv6.2.zip

This time I properly tested it instead of simply recompiling it like I did with the previous version. At the very least, I was able to start a new game with one character and speak to Bairdottr. I did redo all of the script changes to make sure I didn't miss anything in the files, so the possibility exists that one of the later things (like Zixzax) won't work if I forgot to redo those specific changes.

Speaking of changes, the culprit appears to be part of the INIT section of CYS_General. The previous version used databases to set who couldn't trade, while the current version uses a function (or at least a different database) to set who doesn't trade.

Are there any good tools for comparing two different text files for changes? I feel like such a tool would be useful in the future when Story changes occur and everything breaks.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Thanks for the update it finally worked!

apprentice
apprentice
I'm having a try now, I've been looking forward to my Source/Bair runthrough smile

I'll report back if I discover any peculiarities, but I haven't gotten much further than you yet.

Update: Up to Hiberheim, no difficulties smile
Also I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but the mirror dungeon works fine (either with a companion or alone).

Rogue/Ranger is great fun, Bair runs around screaming and jumping while my rogue hunts the hunters from the shadows. Perhaps on another runthrough when I'm feeling brave I'll try the true solo.

Last edited by synra; 25/09/14 06:57 AM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
Currently playing now. I have a small issue though, which is death. If I die, there's no way to revive. I guess this means a lot of savescumming, but I'd like some sort of alternate. Can you make the player revive at their Homestead, and choose a cost? Maybe 1/2 their on hand gold, lose a % of their current exp (Devastating in a game where you can't grind exp), or lose their most valuable item? I hate savescumming and I feel like this mod could eliminate tha. Playing with just one player really makes the game feel like an excellent turn-based Diablo!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard