Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Today i downloaded the divinity engine of steam took quite awhile, now i open it and it says please enter valid data path for the game.

Okay i have no idea where to begin, this will be my 6 th playthrough and i wanna cheat finally.

What do i do? Probably another not so computer saavy person has already asked this or there is directions on using the character editor. I dont remember ever really having to do much toget shadowkeeper and gatekeeper to work for the baldurs gate games.

Thanks in advance.

veteran
veteran
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=276611375

I think you may have to delete the editor and the directory it was installed in, then re-download, though. When I screwed up the path, that's what I had to do.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Using the editor to cheat isn't going to be as easy as you think it is, just so you know.

Support
Support

All I needed to do to fix an incorrect path (in an earlier version) was to delete the config.xml file in 'The Divinity Engine' install folder.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Stabbey thanks, started to play and forgot about cheating for the moment. I will save the link and reference it when I decide to put some more time into it.

Burgee, I dont need to wildly cheat, actually all I wanted was to add some stat and skill points to my party, if it isnt easy, than screw it, gaming should be fun not a friggin hassle, not like I am not beating the game now, as I said this is my 6th playthrough ( 750+ hours so far) I dont need to cheat, it is experimental. Normally after the second playthorugh I start experimenting but D:OS is an excellant game I still am not bored with it, as is no cheating.

Raze thanks, I had not really got that far after it downloaded and I opened it up, I honestly did not feel like fooling with it as much as I felt like playing the game. Took 30 minutes just to download on my day off that was long enough to deprive myself. SO I just played. I was really hoping without any justification that it would be as simople as using Gatekeeper/SHadowkeeper/dalekeeper or FALCHE.

Support
Support

If you still want extra attribute/ability points, the Save Game Editor would be easier to use for that.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Raze I tried to get the savegame editor ( Moosedit right?) all I got is a bunch of adware and malware like crap from that site...unless this is different? Or has changed.

Support
Support

Yes, Moosedit. I don't get any ads or popups or anything like that from the mediafire site. I posted a temporary mirror link near the end of that topic for alpha 34 (20MB), if you want to try that.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Interesting, Mediafire bombards me with toolbars popups and extraneous stuff. I am at work now so cannot try anything at the moment. Thanks.

Maybe I should try the alternate. Probably the savegame editor is more what I am looking for as I said previously, my needs are pretty minor and I dont cheat or mod heavily in any game, I really like the functionality and ease with which I could modify Baldurs Gates and Icewind Dales, but in all honesty I may be out of my depth, computers really are not my forte, I love to play games though.

Appreciate it Raze have a good weekend buddy.

Link Copied to Clipboard