Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
old hand
old hand
Well, the enhanced edition explains the lack of modding support. What would the point of people spending a bunch of time developing mods that might not even be compatible with the new version?

I really hope standalone mods ARE compatible with the EE though. That'd be quite frustrating if all the work people have done would be for nothing, and would only make us feel more alienated than we already are. I can't blame Larian for making a bunch of good decisions all around, but once again, this is going to seriously delay modding even more, especially if they end up patching the EE version at all.

But /shrug. If they're going to make D:OS more amazing than it already is, guess compatible mods aren't as important (and they may still be compatible anyways!) One last thought: WOOOT!!!

Edit: wrong thread, but points apply anyway.

Last edited by Baardvark; 15/05/15 06:06 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Baardvark
If they're going to make D:OS more amazing than it already is, guess compatible mods aren't as important (and they may still be compatible anyways!) One last thought: WOOOT!!!

Edit: wrong thread, but points apply anyway.

Considering that there is still script in D:OS from at least 2002 I'm sure it won't break everything. Wouldn't shock me if some stuff broke though. Especially if they remove older root templates or textures and such.

old hand
old hand
I'm most interested in the two other projects... would be great if LMK finally got made.

Last edited by virumor; 15/05/15 07:25 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by virumor
I'm most interested in the two other projects... would be great if LMK finally got made.

Do we have a thread where we make a guess?

I'm going with D:OS 2 and Game of Thrones.

Originally Posted by Baardvark
...I really hope standalone mods ARE compatible with the EE though. That'd be quite frustrating if all the work people have done would be for nothing, and would only make us feel more alienated than we already are...
I would hope things apply the other way round with D:OS:EE mods being compatible with D:OS, since 32-bit users look like they'll be excluded from running EE (which is odd given that D:OS didn't even need the /3GB workaround that some other recent games did for 32-bit Windows).

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Verequus

D:OS Enhanced Edition? A completely new game? That's great! Except... I'm still busy with the Immaculates. I'm not half done yet! It's going to take months still with my pace. Why do you torment me so? *sob*

I've the same "torment-my-soul-feeling" as you've dear Verequus wink !

I've played D:OS already for hours and hours and hours .... restart many times already, but played the game not further than somewhere at level 12 ! So now, on my current playround I'm at level 7 (again), but now reading the announcement about D:OS EE, I doubt what to do :
* play at least 1 time till the end of D:OS ... (so I really can compare both versions and ... yes, what then ... ?? :hihi: ? )
or
* stop playing and WAIT till the Enhanced Edition is a fact ... (so I've more time for other things in the summer of 2015, like don't do anything but enjoy the summer sun ! )
or
* any suggestion You can gave me ....

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
enthusiast
enthusiast
Hi Joram!
My suggestions to you
1)You can play DOS in near future with me( well ok, or not with me/not only with me) in coop mode of course(Send me PM if you`re interested)

2)You can play another games for example Tomb Raider serises or you can play last less or more similiar RPGs like Wasteland,Pillars of Eternity.Try for example another genres adjoining to RPGs well for instance RPG with strategic elements King`s Bounty Series.

Of course you can play "ancient games" via DosBox like Might and Magic 1...

3)You can also play about with game editor,and try to do something cool *cough* Half-Life 3 *cough*

4)Or be Batman 23.06.15

Last edited by James 540; 19/05/15 04:51 AM.

Experience is a hard master but a good teacher-Proverb of RPG player (c)
veteran
veteran
Hi James,

nice suggestions laugh !

But ...

No, I'm not the Divine One O no,
But Oooo Divine One, I'm begging You,
Send to me the Magnificent Enhanced Edtion ...
(MEEeeee the Wheresheep is coming !!)
Of Divinity Original Sin !

Because I don't have time to play
Any other game than a Divinity One !
Because I don't want to play
Any other game than a Divinity Two !
And I really can't play
Any other game than a Divnity Three !

Yes, O yes, I'm Soul Forged with all that is Divinity !
If I try to play any other game I become sick
And die the day after yesterday ... !
So please, do not suggest me to play
Any other game** than a Divinity One !

I throw all other games out of my thoughts ...
Sending them all on a woodpile ...
Then use some Midnight Oil and a Magic Fireball spell
Burning all other games to the Wastelands !!
Source Magic everywhere !!!

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
enthusiast
enthusiast
@Horrorscope

Game of Thrones

That's quite an fascinating idea, but how would you combine this idea with such a magic-heavy combat system as D:OS?

I mean the Ranger- and Warriorstuff is fine, but at the at least one has to use magic ... although, hmm ... I have to start another walkthrough^^.

Originally Posted by virumor
...would be great if LMK finally got made.

Oh indeed... that would be simply amazing.

But sadly, wasn't the corporate tenor that they "could do better without (licensing IPs)", as Sven stated some time ago...?

So I actually do not have that much hope, tbh.

Last edited by Seelenernter; 21/05/15 08:57 AM.

Think for yourself! Or others will do it...
enthusiast
enthusiast
Well I'll be damned, an expanion that will be released about the time I will probably be getting bored with Pillars of Eternity!

Looking forward to that expansion it is a great idea, eventhe art on the forum billboard looks good.

Better and Better.

I love Pillars of Eternity, and it came along at exactly the right moment when I was getting bored with Divinity OS.

But I love them both.

old hand
old hand
It's not really an expansion per se, but they've said there will be some new content, and I'm sure a lot of existing content will be refined, so it might feel like an expansion. I don't often say this, but I'm really expecting Larian to change almost every single aspect of the game and really address all the issues people have complained about. I'm expecting massive rebalancing of skills, talents, loot, and enemies, improved AI, better graphics and UI, a slicker and more nuanced story, and a better distribution of content throughout the game.

And maybe some improvements to the modding capacity, though I still express worry that existing mods will be incompatible with the enhanced edition. That'd be a serious bummer if the mod I and others spend 100+ hours on would be all for nothing, but I can't blame Larian for doing the right thing for D:OS as a whole.

veteran
veteran
@ Joram: Play it all the way through then compare with the EE and tell them what you think of the change inbetween (thing I'm always most curious about with my mod but rarely anyone who's never played the original in 10 year wants to talk about it :().

EE sounds good, I was already waiting for the 'big patch' for run 2 anyway, so the extra stuff is a nice boost. I really hope they tweaked that one Cyseal quest where if you failed luring the crowd away you were almost forced to kill everyone to recover the seperated head... that's one of the most 'bad' parts of Cyseal that stuck out to me.

All characters are now fully voiced by AAA-voice actors

What a waste of money smirk

Originally Posted by Horrorscope
PoEt went Day/Night visuals, with static NPC's for example.

And in Pillars of Eternity it sucks too. In the Baldur's Gate games night and day made sense in cities. In PoE it just means less civies, all "important" characters never take a nap, and there's a wholesome 1(!!! OMG!) character which appears only at night in the entire game opposed to being always there. And that character is a sucking beyond comprehension merchant with a stock of nothing good.
Nope... definitely one of the worse points of PoE (but fortunately not as bad as enchanting or lockpick XP, those stink beyond redeem).

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard