Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 33 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 32 33
Support
Support

You could load the save in the editor, extract the contents and then in the save folder rename or move the lsv file. That may get rid of the error message, but it will do nothing for whatever changed in the file that triggered the error in the first place.

If this error happened after copying a save to another computer, try re-copying the save.

Do you have another recent working save? There is no way to determine if the change is something critical or minor or even observable, so if possible it would be better to be safe than sorry.

enthusiast
enthusiast
that message can appear whether or not anything is edited or in fact corrupted, I had it for a playthrough but it never affected anything, I played through til completion, alternatively if you start a new game from scratch it makes it go away...I dont know why, but it seems to be random when I first got it I hadnt used the editor, now I am using the editor and it never has happened.

S
stranger
stranger
S

The firt time I downloaded the MooseEdit was to add the Book Forgotten Language of the Faery to complete quest, because i didn't find the book.

SPisco #565582 19/04/15 09:31 PM
Support
Support

If that is when the error started, then it is likely due to the edit, and can be ignored.

SPisco #565650 21/04/15 08:04 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by SPisco

The firt time I downloaded the MooseEdit was to add the Book Forgotten Language of the Faery to complete quest, because i didn't find the book.

I would suggest downloading the latest version of the editor. This will ensure that future edits do not cause the same problem.

Version alpha31 or prior will exhibit this problem when editing LSV files.

Last edited by Dairymoose; 21/04/15 08:06 PM.
stranger
stranger
OK, trying to recover a lost/sold item, that is a "Quest" item but, when scrolled over in your inventory, is not listed as a quest item, so it could have been sold. The "Broken Orc Horn" needed to initiate the battle in Hunter Edge.
Using Moose edit, I export Orc Horn from older save, I then import to current game and the Orc Horn shows in the character inventory, exactly where I want it. I then go to save game data, starts to compress, gets to around 70%, then Moose Edit stops working!

Any ideas and thanks in advance.

Last edited by ROLAND; 03/05/15 12:16 PM.
ROLAND #565928 04/05/15 05:46 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by ROLAND
OK, trying to recover a lost/sold item, that is a "Quest" item but, when scrolled over in your inventory, is not listed as a quest item, so it could have been sold. The "Broken Orc Horn" needed to initiate the battle in Hunter Edge.
Using Moose edit, I export Orc Horn from older save, I then import to current game and the Orc Horn shows in the character inventory, exactly where I want it. I then go to save game data, starts to compress, gets to around 70%, then Moose Edit stops working!

Any ideas and thanks in advance.

Can you upload a copy of the unedited save and the item file? Additionally, you could try saving the file without compression enabled by using the "Settings" menu.

Finally, there should be a crash log in the Windows Event Viewer corresponding to the crash. Can you provide me with the crash details of: Faulting Module, Fault Offset

Last edited by Dairymoose; 04/05/15 08:02 PM.
stranger
stranger
PMed link to files you requested and also turned off compression.....same outcome. Moose Edit crashed.

stranger
stranger
Now, can anyone explain to me how to move an item from a characters inventory, in and older saved game, to the same characters inventory, in a later saved game.
Have gotten as far as seeing the item in the newer save, then I clicked save, in Moose Edit and the program crashes!

Support
Support

You most likely did this, and the problem is technical rather than procedural, but to confirm:
Load the old save, switch to the required character, right click and 'Edit Item' then click on the Export button and save the Item_Name.lsb file. Next, exit out of the item window, switch to the Load Saved Game tab to load the new save, right click an open slot in a character's inventory and 'Add Item', then click the Import button, select the lsb file, click Open and the Apply.

stranger
stranger
So, DO NOT click the save icon at the top left of moose edit, once I reach the point you described above?
Just exit out of moose edit, when I've reached the point you described above?

ROLAND #566064 09/05/15 05:57 PM
Support
Support

No, after adding the item in the new save you would need to save the changes in MooseEdit.

H
stranger
stranger
H
Any way to add a sextant? I can't seem to find it.

Support
Support

I didn't see it when I checked, either. I loaded a few saves, but couldn't find one where I had a sextant that I could try editing.

Raze #566609 28/05/15 03:30 AM
H
stranger
stranger
H
Alright, I'll see if I can find one, maybe I can send you the save if I do.

Support
Support

Once you fine one sextant, you can save and edit the item in MooseEdit; from there the Base Item section may show you where it is listed, if the editor can add it, or in the General section you can change the Amount to something higher than 1, or click on the Export button and save it, so it will be available if you want to import it into a later save.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Dairymoose i hope you won't be going anywhere in, say, the next couple of months? smile

In expectation of the EE edition .. and the (i suppose?) inevitable incompatibility with the current editor?

Pride, honour and purity
H
stranger
stranger
H
Still haven't found a sextant, can someone export one and send it to me?

I
stranger
stranger
I
If you're still looking for the sextant, you can add it by going through the Generic folder and look for the "Scope (TOOL_ Scope_A)" entry.

Support
Support

If you click below the scroll bar, it is about 7 'pages' down the Generic list. Look for indented names; the 'scope' is immediately above Joshua's Spice, which is indented a couple spaces (like a couple other entries above there).

Page 27 of 33 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard