Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
My bet is on $1.45mil :P

Last edited by deathmachinept; 28/08/15 02:03 PM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
23p!

I must admit I've absolutely no idea where it'll end up. I'm stunned that it was funded in just 12 hours.

Can we specify a random currency just to make it more interesting? Preferably including currencies that aren't, well, current. laugh

J'aime le fromage.
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Vometia
23p!

I must admit I've absolutely no idea where it'll end up. I'm stunned that it was funded in just 12 hours.

Can we specify a random currency just to make it more interesting? Preferably including currencies that aren't, well, current. laugh

LoL how could we then compared in the end but them on USD then add the conversion to currency you want.

I knew it would be raised in 24h they did a successful KS and really took care of the fanbase really well with good comms. But It's a total guess in how many more new founders they will bring to the KS campaign.

veteran
veteran
Based on PoE and Wastelands 2 fundings, combined with D:OS's success minus the decrease of Kickstarter raised funds for games that's been going on for a while...

I estimate a 3 million ending figure.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
I'll bet for 2.5M

addict
addict
it MUST be at least 1.2m b/c i WANT that undead race and SHOULD be at least 1.5m b/c i actually want EVERYTHING hehe

actually raised my pledge just to get those undead walking!

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
It will be interesting seeing total it will end up raising, D:OS had 19500 backers D:OS II has already ~19500 so you can't say for now how many of those are the previous backers and those who are new backers.

The average pledge is slightly lower, I guess it reflects how you seem to be paying for less rewards per pledge and no boxed games except for the 125$ which is 30$ more expensive that before.

If they released enhanced edition about mid campaign maybe get AJ to do an Angry Review plus the extra buzz from the past successful KS campaign they might go over 2mil but still think 3mil is a bit far fetch.

Last edited by deathmachinept; 28/08/15 06:32 PM.
N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Originally Posted by deathmachinept
If they released enhanced edition about mid campaign maybe get AJ to do an Angry Review plus the extra buzz from the past successful KS campaign they might go over 2mil but still think 3mil is a bit far fetch.

Swen told october for EE.
Campaign will end at the start of october.

stranger
stranger
2.5M to 3M I say, If it's more it will be incredible to see.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I bet 2M. Unless the Chris Avellone stretch goal is at a higher level, and then it will be at that level.

Support
Support

I agree with Kevinik on the guess (2.5-3M), and that more would be better. I was a little conservative hoping the D:OS kickstarter would reach the 800K stretch goal, so I'll be optimistic this time.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
According to Kicktraq it's now trending towards 10 million. LOL laugh Obviously that's not going to happen, but that would be *hilarious*. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, that would just be epic.

addict
addict
that would be kickass to hit the Hall of the Echoes stretch goal but that is really a shitload of money...
let's be optimistic, I bet on 1.8M

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
addict
addict
Did some calculations grin

Took some (IMO) comparable projects and tried to forecast DOS2 (actually I derive a pattern based on moving averages of past kickstarters (partly extrapolated due to different durations) and used polynomial trend model on DOS2). I did this in about 1 hour, so statistically not very sophisticated, but lets see, if I will be right hehe

[Linked Image]

edit: redone - better data/adjusted

Last edited by 4verse; 29/08/15 08:42 PM.

old hand
old hand
I dunno, 2 mil? But I hope their swimming in it when EE is released for the consoles.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Horrorscope
I dunno, 2 mil? But I hope their swimming in it when EE is released for the consoles.

remember, its a forecast. id est: "better guessing". so, if DOS2 kickstarter resembles the pattern of the average of some other kickstarter there is some likeness that we will see 2mill at the end. nothing more nothing less.

journeyman
journeyman
I'm guessing 1.9M.

Also relying on past game kickstarters can be misleading because repeat kickstarters can be more front-loaded - e.g. see Bard's Tale IV which made 1M in day 3 but ended up with 1.5M. I'd guess all the gamers who are interested in backing on Kickstarters tend to already know about it and back on the first week, and relatively little happens later on (at least compared to previous years when it was new). I'd love to be wrong though because I like all the stretch-goals so far!

enthusiast
enthusiast
The current low in progression is probably because a lack of actual updates regarding some raised questions that keep people who care about those questions from backing D:OS 2... (SP, Paypal and Chris Avellone)

I would peg this KS currently even lower, at about 1.7m

It's in Larians hands...

1.5 mil

addict
addict
The steep drop I expected - fits my (or rather multiple other kickstarter's) pattern quite well. So, in my terms still on track hehe

Last edited by 4verse; 01/09/15 12:59 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard