Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
old hand
old hand
I will bet that the game will get just over the 1.5mil mark. Of course that is if it remains on course now.

If Larian hits the campaign trail like last time in the 2nd half, I can see $2mil. Especially if they sit down and do some live streams Q and A Twitch sessions.

29 days to go and only needing $400k for the last stretch goal.

If they get more then 2.5mil I'll be really surprised. Though I do like being surprised with good news smile

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
K
journeyman
journeyman
K
I believe 2.5m are absolutely possible.

I don't think we're going to make more than that, but I'd be very surprised if it ends up significantly lower.

addict
addict
2.5m is a shitload of money.
We cannot expect as much money in the upcomming days as they got the 4 firsts days. Truly I don't expect them to raise that much money in the 25 next days. However, some last minutes backers should pledge in the last 5 days as usual but they should not bring in as much money a in the 4 firsts days...
so wait and see. I am confident in my 1.8M guess^^

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
old hand
old hand
Up to $1,110,000. Keep in mind that kickstarter takes a 10% cut so Larian actually now has $1mil to fund improvements in the game. This figure is what Swen put out in his blog during the D:OS Kickstarter.

...oh don't you worry. He'll be a number crunching and putting out those graphs. Sometimes I look forward to his blog updates more then an actual game update!

Last edited by LightningLockey; 01/09/15 08:54 PM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
addict
addict
but the KS-cut is not taken into account when considering stretch Goals, is it?

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
Support
Support

No, it isn't.

addict
addict
thought so hehe

Originally Posted by 4verse
thought so hehe

Can you imagine the horrible math if it went off any potential kickstarter percentages? Frankly I am lost after 20 on any scale. Seriously how do you people do numbers after you run out of fingers & toes?!?

addict
addict
Originally Posted by gbnf
Originally Posted by 4verse
thought so hehe

Can you imagine the horrible math if it went off any potential kickstarter percentages? Frankly I am lost after 20 on any scale. Seriously how do you people do numbers after you run out of fingers & toes?!?

it depends on how kickstarter calcs its cut, but in the simplest case it would be

[summed kickstarter pledges so far] * 0.9 = sum to be taken for stretch goals

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Originally Posted by LightningLockey
I will bet that the game will get just over the 1.5mil mark. Of course that is if it remains on course now.
If Larian hits the campaign trail like last time in the 2nd half, I can see $2mil. Especially if they sit down and do some live streams Q and A Twitch sessions.
29 days to go and only needing $400k for the last stretch goal.
If they get more then 2.5mil I'll be really surprised. Though I do like being surprised with good news smile

Seems like it after the stretch goals were announce and seeing already a 23% increase of backers compared to the first one when still 27 days to go and taking taking to dip under the 10k daily raises..

What will be interesting will be seeing the final days and see how much last minute backers will raise this is the most thing difficult thing to predict.

old hand
old hand
Well as of now...27 days to go!

backers
$1,157,637
pledged of $500,000 goal

That averages out to $45.34 per person. $40.81 profit per backer after KS cut.

The game will be worth at least $50-60 per copy.

$342,363 left to go.

If each backer-to-be would spend $45.34 (the average) each, then it would take about 7551 more backers to reach 1.5mil. Quite a bit to go yet.

They would get very close if they would sell out of the Physical Collector's Edition.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 02/09/15 10:22 PM.

addict
addict
new tiers inc.
that may attract new backers as well

addict
addict
yeah I am really curious about the new tiers, there is serious a lack available tiers between 200$ and 700$ :p

-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

old hand
old hand

backers
$1,192,825
pledged of $500,000 goal

Looks like Undead Lore will be unlocked.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
400 bucks to go laugh
Let's all be undead

AND DONE

Last edited by norD; 04/09/15 02:36 PM.
old hand
old hand
Well if the remaining backers average $40, then at 33667 total backers we should get the last stretch goal.

Little over 3 weeks to go... I wonder how close I'll get to my estimate.

A
A
Originally Posted by eRe4s3r
The current low in progression is probably because a lack of actual updates regarding some raised questions that keep people who care about those questions from backing D:OS 2... (SP, Paypal and Chris Avellone)

I would peg this KS currently even lower, at about 1.7m

It's in Larians hands...

Wait a second, someone wants to have Chris Avellone as stretch goal yet again even when he is not related at all the the franchise?

addict
addict
they are planning add ons - that might raise the total sum since existing backers will pledge more

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
Originally Posted by eRe4s3r
The current low in progression is probably because a lack of actual updates regarding some raised questions that keep people who care about those questions from backing D:OS 2... (SP, Paypal and Chris Avellone)

I would peg this KS currently even lower, at about 1.7m

It's in Larians hands...

Wait a second, someone wants to have Chris Avellone as stretch goal yet again even when he is not related at all the the franchise?

Well there are a lot of PoE Backers who would back anything as long as he is attached to it. Personally I just think it'd be nice to have someone in writing capacity that actually knows how RPG characters and their backstory/quests are written without them becoming caricatures of character stereotypes. ^^

addict
addict
well well 14 days to go, 1 451k so far my guess is still valid... it will depend on the last days ^^

-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard