Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#568217 29/08/15 06:00 PM
T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
As most of us might have read, we will be allowed to choose our character's race, what bout facial features customization?

May WE explore like Adventurers, roam like Raiders, live like Kings and Queens
addict
addict
nothing known for sure. at least as much customization as is possible in DOS1

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
Support
Support

I can't imagine why there wouldn't be. You are not playing a specific character, so there is no reason to require a predetermined appearance, or (as 4verse said) cut back features that are in D:OS EE, which the engine already supports.

old hand
old hand
Yeah I'll echo the comments above, I see no reason for Larian to exclude the customization that existed in the previous game. I would like to see more hairstyles, facial hair and faces but it's not really that important to me if we get the same few options as before.

So long as I can select hair-colour, skin colour and name my character in an top-down RPG then I'm happy, I don't think it really requires in-depth customization outside of armour/clothing (which I'm hoping to see more of than what existed in the first game).

Last edited by Demonic; 02/09/15 11:46 PM.
addict
addict
that would be kickass !!
another reason, do we have to stick with the 4 races or can we play 4 dwarves? more likely the first option but I wanna be sure

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
addict
addict
My guess is that we will be able to play any combination of races. As as alternative, maybe indeed we won't be able to play duplicate races, but I feel this won't be the case.
After all, we could have been led to think we were forced to play a male and a female in DOS1 but in the end we could play either.

The Brotherhood of norD is love, the Brotherhood of norD is life.
Click to reveal..
old hand
old hand
I expect there will only be limits to the number of races we can have insofar as the origin stories are compatible (you could play with 4 lizards if there were 4 lizard-friendly origin stories, for example). Unless, as I understand it, the companions are somewhat preset. In that case, there might only be one undead character allowed, for example, because it will either be the PC or the companion, and there will probably only be one undead origin story. My guess is there will probably be 4-5 race-specific origins, and then maybe a couple non-race specific ones. Might be a way to have three of one race in a party in that case, but I'm kind of expecting a max of two, based on the limitations of the origins.

And with at least five races (once Undead origin is unlocked), why would you even want more than one of each race when you can't even see them all in one playthrough laugh

stranger
stranger
I want to be able to alter my character's physical build. That is, I want to be able to play a scrawny little mage with little wussy arms or a big, burly fighting woman with crazy abs and biceps. I was let down with DOS1 in that I could only be a svelte woman or a swole dude. I'd like to have options.

T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
That's what I'm looking for too. I'm not a huge fan of different classes but they all look the same no matter how many times you play them.

May WE explore like Adventurers, roam like Raiders, live like Kings and Queens
addict
addict
YAY Like the undead I have come back! once I saw the kickstarter for Divinity Original Sin II I was like yay! as usual my request is for long hair styles with some bangs! ^_^

stranger
stranger
Can't wait to play as undead, I feel weird about it because I normally like playing a necromancer in rpgs. Will there be classes in this game or is everything straight up stat and skill allocation?

Support
Support

There will not be any classes. The origins and possibly racial skills will add something unique to character creation, but in terms of character development it is primarily stat and skill allocation.

veteran
veteran
They will probably have some pre-sets to help new players out though, just like D:OS had.

addict
addict
My issue with DOS was the portraits. I MUST have the portrait actually look like the character I created (it's just a problem I have) so I would be forced into picking the portrait first and then making a character that looks like it.

I really wish they would have used a system like DAO (a fairly old game now) and just had the portrait actually BE an image of the character you created. Win/Win.

At least if it was easier to add our own portraits I could screenshot the character I want, use that image to make a portrait, add that portrait to the game, then start over and recreate the character again and select the portrait I made to match it. Course doing something like DAO did would be a lot easier.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by LeBurns
I really wish they would have used a system like DAO (a fairly old game now) and just had the portrait actually BE an image of the character you created. Win/Win.

I concur. That would be the most elegant solution, in my opinion.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Jito463
Originally Posted by LeBurns

I concur. That would be the most elegant solution, in my opinion.

I don't feel like that's going to make people happy though. It's the fact that you're not actually going to see your character's face much due to the isometric perspective. It's not going to change when you talk to people, so having intensive face customization isn't particularly going to matter much.

Body configuration on the other-hand... that's a lot more noticeable, as well as skin color and such. It'd also be great if we could get color pickers for our hair/skin instead of 'sandy beach blonde' or 'midnight sunlight' or whatever.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Haleseen

I don't feel like that's going to make people happy though. It's the fact that you're not actually going to see your character's face much due to the isometric perspective. It's not going to change when you talk to people, so having intensive face customization isn't particularly going to matter much.

I totaly agree with that why coztumize somthing what you dont see. But they should give a lot of portraits.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Krzysztof
Originally Posted by Haleseen

I totaly agree with that why coztumize somthing what you dont see. But they should give a lot of portraits.

That's the thing, though. If they used the character's actual face as the portrait, they wouldn't need to include pre-made portraits at all.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Jito463

That's the thing, though. If they used the character's actual face as the portrait, they wouldn't need to include pre-made portraits at all.

What about the undead?

There probably aren't going to be many customization options for the face around that race. I think it would be cooler to have pre-made portraits with cool looking backgrounds to emphasize the type of character (like red or green swirly shit or w/e).

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Krzysztof

Then what's the point of having so many face customization options in the first place if you don't see the face after character creation?

No matter how many portraits they add, unless there's an automated system to generate them, they'll never be enough to match the amount of possible variations. Adding in another 10, 20, 200 won't change that.

That's why I proposed Larian add a system to create portraits based on the character they created.

http://larian.uservoice.com/forums/...portrait-captured-from-created-character

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard