Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Quorra Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I've tried the search function but I haven't found anything. Is there already any information available about the Dwarven Empire Ale Mug? What kind of material will it be made of? smile

Support
Support

No, not yet AFAIK.

Is it too much to hope for mithril?

Support
Support
Unfortunately, yes, it is. rpg003

veteran
veteran
I only hope it's not mere (smelly) plastic...

WOOS
addict
addict
I would prefer lightweight porcelain and not something that is uncomfortable to hold with hot liquids. Please, no stainless steel.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Probably something closer to ceramic would be what it would be like. Being that it's supposed to be an ale mug, like those of the old times.

But, what the fuck do I know lol

Quorra Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Light weight porcelain sounds a bit elvish to me wink - well, ceramic, why not. If it's suitable packed so it doesn't break on the way.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by DrunkenTofu
I would prefer lightweight porcelain and not something that is uncomfortable to hold with hot liquids. Please, no stainless steel.

Come on, ale mug is for ale !! (or at least any other alcohol) joke aside, metal or ceramic would be nice

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
veteran
veteran
Only gripe I have with ceramic is that it's hard to get it delivered in one piece within the box...other than that it's perfect imo.

WOOS
enthusiast
enthusiast
Remember that ale mugs can be made of wood too. Why would you do that you ask? You ever held a German "Humpen" in a ceramic mug or a half liter beer glass? Because you don't hold a full one very long. They are *heavy* (Visit Oktoberfest if you ever want to try your luck).

If they make this ceramic or metal and it's a Humpen sized one, you are doing muscle training with each sip wink

Nothing like a lead drinking mug packed in an asbestos container for that special 1st drink aftertaste.

I pledged and all I got was this lousy awesome game!
stranger
stranger
Something like this? [Linked Image]

Greetings,
Dark Flemish

Steam ID: darkflemish
Quorra Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Wood is even better! laugh

@eRe4s3r Humpen just aren't created for being hold, like a champagne glass, but to be emptied on the spot, i guess. wink

veteran
veteran
I'd like wood, although I think that might be a bit unrealistic... wink

WOOS
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by darkflemish
Something like this? [Linked Image]

Greetings,
Dark Flemish

Funny thing is that I was thinking of that scene when I thought of wooden mugs. Simple 3 ring barrel with a handle too.

Quick googling shows me at least 2 artisans that make wood kegs in Germany (just an example), and it's probably a little odd for them I am sure, but I think barrel makers can easily make wooden mugs too.

So not sure how realistic it is. But it'd be VERY unique.

addict
addict
Wood carvers sure are more rare these days, but they still exist. However they are probably very expensive too.
I'd love wood, too, it's a good idea actually. But since good wood is expensive, and the worker is expensive, I guess Larian will have to call for something a bit more manufactured.

After all, the mug and hoodie and stuff are ways of motivating people into higher pledges in order to get money for making the game, so while I expect a minimum quality, I also doubt the items are going to be of the finest polish. Especially if they have to mass produce them =) So probably no breathtaking design ( although simple, sober designs can be very nice too, those mugs in the Hobbit gif are perfect indeed ), no impressive materials ( cheap wood, not wood at all,... ), and not too big to reduce the material quantity needed and the costs.

But I still hope we'll get something at least functionnal and nice looking =)

The Brotherhood of norD is love, the Brotherhood of norD is life.
Click to reveal..
A
A
Originally Posted by Chaotica
Originally Posted by DrunkenTofu

Come on, ale mug is for ale !! (or at least any other alcohol) joke aside, metal or ceramic would be nice

I drink my ale warm. Just like a dwarf should. :p

stranger
stranger
Maybe a mug that looks like it is wood but it is made from another material?

Steam ID: darkflemish
B
stranger
stranger
B
on the topic of wood ale mugs price I can shed a rough idea, for a simply sturdy design I can pick one up Locally for around 40-50 USD. The downside of wood mugs is that they are hard to maintain and clean them if you plan on using them. So they would become more of a trophies piece if you want to keep them nice. Regard less of what they are made of I am still excited to get mine, hopefully they they will be functional for those that want to use them, or nice looking for those of us that want to display them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard