Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hi,

what do you mean?
Will new Stretch Goals delay the release date of D:OS2 ?

Release date could now be 2017 or 2018...?!

veteran
veteran
Generally, yes. I wouldn't count on DOS 2 being on time. End 2016 is just a placeholder anyway. My bet is on a 2017 release. First alpha or maybe even beta/Early Access could very well be released in 2016 though.

Last edited by LordCrash; 05/10/15 09:13 PM.

WOOS
veteran
veteran
It's [INSERT GAME DEVELOPER NAME HERE]. A delay is pretty much guaranteed.

addict
addict
i would even bet money on a delay grin

Last edited by 4verse; 06/10/15 03:58 PM.

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
addict
addict
I bet US$150 on 2100. wink

Last edited by DrunkenTofu; 06/10/15 04:43 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Stabbey

Unless it is obsidian. They release games half finished rolleyes . (hallo KotoR2)

Ok, there are many other games of different companies that feel quite unfinished.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Madscientist

Unless it is obsidian. They release games half finished rolleyes . (hallo KotoR2)

Ok, there are many other games of different companies that feel quite unfinished.

I always felt bad for them. They have been cursed with making follow-ups of famous licenses, trying to improve the formula, but failing because either they had bad, BAD programmers / QA, they were pressured into releasing the game half finished, or both.
Alpha Protocol though was their own IP, but it was still buggued and lacked polish like crazy.

The Brotherhood of norD is love, the Brotherhood of norD is life.
Click to reveal..
veteran
veteran

It wasn't Obsidian, but their publisher in the case of Kotor2...

PoE was pretty stable and finalized for video game standards once it was finally released.

Last edited by LordCrash; 06/10/15 06:22 PM.

WOOS
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by LordCrash

PoE was pretty stable and finalized for video game standards once it was finally released.

PoE had several game breaking bugs at release:
- item stacking bug: When you equip items that change your stats and you save and load the game, the stat bonus stacks with itself to infinity
- double clicking bug: when you double clicked on an item to equip it, you could lose talents.
- Sanitarium bug: At some point of the main quest it could happen that all people become hostile, making you unable to finish the quest.

Because of this I had to stop my first playthrough. Obsidian solved those bugs. When I started again (version 1.04) I was able to finish the game without game breaking bugs. But there and in later playthroughs I reported tons of bugs. With every new patch, some bugs are solved but new bugs are added.

When I played D:OS I did not encounter any obvious bugs ( though some things seemed to be strange, but I was not sure if it was intended)

Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
veteran
veteran

PoE had several game breaking bugs at release:

Like every other RPG PoE had some issues at release.

When I played D:OS I did not encounter any obvious bugs ( though some things seemed to be strange, but I was not sure if it was intended)

Others did though.

Just don't mistake your personal experience with how think were on a broader level. wink

WOOS
N
old hand
old hand
N
To me the point is always that we are paying for more development time. I'd hope that these stretch goals would push the release date back, for it to do otherwise would be unusual as it would mean that they weren't stretch goals at all but what they were already planning to do in disguise.

Though a very likely scenario is that they will release the game and then release SOME of the stretch goals as free DLC. I see that being the case for GM mode.

Last edited by Neonivek; 07/10/15 02:55 AM. Reason: typo
Every video game I've backed on kickstarter has been delayed. Personally I'm looking at December 2016 as a goal. I'm really hoping we can make it. However I won't be shocked if we are delayed.

Last edited by gbnf; 07/10/15 07:05 AM.
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I had previously read somewhere that Larian will hire 2 Developers for the Stretch Goal "Dedicated Mod Support"

They may hire more Devs for the remaining Stretch Goals wink

veteran
veteran
Regarding delay, my favourite example in Zelda ocarina of time.
It came one year later than planned, but it was one of the best games for N64.
(OK, other people say it was the biggest hype in gaming history, but I loved it.)

veteran
veteran

Others did though.

Just don't mistake your personal experience with how think were on a broader level. wink

You got a point there.
When you look at the forums, you see many people reporting bugs. And you thing that the game is completely buggy and unplayable.
But people who do NOT have problems with bugs do not report that they have no bugs. Because of this we will never know the ratio between people who have problems and those who have not. All we have the the minimum number of people who have problems (I mean, everybody who posts has a problem, but not everybody who has a problem reports it in the forum.)

enthusiast
enthusiast

Others did though.

You got a point there.
When you look at the forums, you see many people reporting bugs. And you thing that the game is completely buggy and unplayable.
But people who do NOT have problems with bugs do not report that they have no bugs. Because of this we will never know the ratio between people who have problems and those who have not. All we have the the minimum number of people who have problems (I mean, everybody who posts has a problem, but not everybody who has a problem reports it in the forum.)

It's pretty easy to find that out though. Take the amount of copies of the game sold, and subtract the amount of people who complained about bugs.

I
stranger
stranger
I
We are all human. Human make mistakes. There is no way anyone can do a prefect game without any bugs. Just a matter, how serious is the bug and how fast the game studio rectify it. That is why we are and anxious to try out the game via Alpha and Beta access. To give Larian the best possible feedback and get them to rectify to the best of their abilities by the launch date.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Haleseen

It's pretty easy to find that out though. Take the amount of copies of the game sold, and subtract the amount of people who complained about bugs.

Easy peasy, just count every post on the internet wink

X
apprentice
apprentice
X
I don't think many of the issues will be a problem.

The Modding Stretch Goals are being done by a separate team.
So there shouldn't be any issue with delays in that sense, and considering GM mode requires a unique tool set - it is probably made by the modding team as well.

So the primary cause of delays would be skills \ romance \ mask \ hall of echos.
Personally I wouldn't mind if the Mask + skills + romance was delayed as a post release update.

After all it would give a reason to play the game again a few months later down the line.
Also allowing the content to be released earlier then later.

Support
Support

The extended relationship system is something that needs to be written from the start. Balancing the new skills would also be much easier if that is done all at once, rather than developing most of the skills, then adding more and balancing them again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard