Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
I
stranger
stranger
I
Nice work.
In the end, if I do what's said in the first post, what characters will player 3 and 4 get?
My companions or they'll have a character creation screen as well?

F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by Isildur
Nice work.
In the end, if I do what's said in the first post, what characters will player 3 and 4 get?

Players 3 and 4 can control whichever character(s) you wish to assign to them though the character assign menu. Your choices are the 2 created source hunters, the 4 companions, or the henchmen you can recruit.

R
stranger
stranger
R
[quote=Foodchain]

[code]
KB
{
IF
CharacterCreationFinished(CHARACTER_NULL)
AND
CurrentLevel("CharacterCreationRedux")
THEN
CharacterTeleportPartyToTrigger(TRIGGER_CharacterCreationHook, "");
TimerLaunch("First Character Creation Complete", 1000);

IF
TimerFinished("First Character Creation Complete")
AND
CharacterAddToCharacterCreation(CHARACTER_Player3, 0, 1)
AND
CharacterAddToCharacterCreation(CHARACTER_Player4, 0, 1)
THEN
CharacterAddAbilityPoint(CHARACTER_Player3, 0); //Need this to make the game reasess available stat/talent/ability points
CharacterAddAbilityPoint(CHARACTER_Player4, 0);
CharacterDetachFromGroup(CHARACTER_Player3); //Need this so when we teleport one player, we don't teleport the other
CharacterDetachFromGroup(CHARACTER_Player1);
CharacterTeleportToTrigger(CHARACTER_Player1, TRIGGER_StartPoint_000, "");
CharacterTeleportToTrigger(CHARACTER_Player2, TRIGGER_StartPoint_001, "");
CharacterTeleportToTrigger(CHARACTER_Player3, TRIGGER_StartPoint_002, "");
CharacterTeleportToTrigger(CHARACTER_Player4, TRIGGER_StartPoint_003, "");
AutoSave(); //We need this to trigger the Character Creation GUI

}
EXIT
[/code]

[/quote]

I think there is a error in this code

[code]
CharacterDetachFromGroup(CHARACTER_Player3); //Need this so when we teleport one player, we don't teleport the other
CharacterDetachFromGroup(CHARACTER_Player1);
[/code]

i think that maeby it is correct version

[code]
CharacterDetachFromGroup(CHARACTER_Player4);
[/code]

Last edited by R1k0; 01/11/15 11:22 PM.
P
stranger
stranger
P
hi guys trying to follow the post but running into this error

http://imgur.com/Cx8lQfs

any help is appreciate

B
stranger
stranger
B
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I went through the thread and one thing I was still wondering was: is it possible to play 3 Players locally (all on same screen) with this Mod or is it Online/LAN only? If Online/LAN only, can you have 2 people playing on one PC, and 1 other people joining through Online/LAN on another PC?

Last edited by Bojack316; 02/11/15 01:02 AM. Reason: bad wording
F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by pakhelp
hi guys trying to follow the post but running into this error

http://imgur.com/Cx8lQfs

any help is appreciate

The error in the screenshot is showing calls for methods for package creation. You need to press the "Extract package" button, not the "Create package" button.

F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by Bojack316
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I went through the thread and one thing I was still wondering was: is it possible to play 3 Players locally (all on same screen) with this Mod or is it Online/LAN only? If Online/LAN only, can you have 2 people playing on one PC, and 1 other people joining through Online/LAN on another PC?

3 player split screen isn't possible because the split screen stuff is game engine programming that we don't really have access to.

I don't see any reason you can't do something like 2 players split screen + 1 or 2 connecting from another PC though WAN or LAN. 2 players per PC should also work.

Last edited by Foodchain; 02/11/15 01:13 AM.
P
stranger
stranger
P
[quote]
The error in the screenshot is showing calls for methods for package creation. You need to press the "Extract package" button, not the "Create package" button. [/quote]

thank you for the quick reply. Sorry for my lack of experience with these programs, believe me it is frustrating seeing it work for everyone else when I am struggling. When I click extract I am given this dialog

http://i.imgur.com/drHzrZ3.png

Last edited by pakhelp; 02/11/15 01:16 AM.
P
stranger
stranger
P
any ideas

F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by pakhelp
any ideas

Not really.

Close the program, delete the files you copied, and start the process again.

P
stranger
stranger
P
[quote=Foodchain][quote=pakhelp] any ideas [/quote]

Not really.

Close the program, delete the files you copied, and start the process again.[/quote]

I've tried copying the main.pak several times, downloaded the extractor several times (and every screenshot I've seen is using a different version than I am), tried multiple destinations, tried using the main.pak in my game's directory... I'm out of ideas myself. I'll just give it another go I suppose, maybe reinstall or something.

F
stranger
stranger
F
[quote=Foodchain]
This doesn't seem to work in EE. My characters get ported to the 2nd level and the game autosaves, but it doesn't seem to trigger a 2nd round of character creation. So that's kind of where I'm stuck. If I mod the script to just push the characters to cyseal it'll port all 4 characters and start the game. Basically, it looks like the little hack for getting a 2nd round of character creations going is no longer working in EE, and I'm trying to figure out if there is any alternative.
[/quote]

Nice work !
I had already think of this mod because i had play on it on DOS but i have not succeed to install it on DOS::EE before.

Sorry, i have not enough time to dive in the game code but i really want to help for this, so i'll throw some idea to help you ( I hope....)

The intersting thing here is, why we need to autosave to get a 2nd round of creation ? Is there any trigger which can do the work ? It can interesting to see "the thing" which load you the creation menu on the first map to apply it on the second one.

Another way, but i haven't any idea to do this , maybe we can do a trick for change the focus of creation menu ? I mean , instead of reload it change the character you're editing

Last edited by flame30; 02/11/15 09:04 AM.
I
stranger
stranger
I
Originally Posted by Foodchain
Nice work.

Players 3 and 4 can control whichever character(s) you wish to assign to them though the character assign menu. Your choices are the 2 created source hunters, the 4 companions, or the henchmen you can recruit.

Do you have any work around to get 4 source hunters rather than 2 + companions? Companions don't allow a lot of customization, the players 3 & 4 must feel like controling a bot smirk

F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by Flame30
Nice work !
I had already think of this mod because i had play on it on DOS but i have not succeed to install it on DOS::EE before.

Sorry, i have not enough time to dive in the game code but i really want to help for this, so i'll throw some idea to help you ( I hope....)

The intersting thing here is, why we need to autosave to get a 2nd round of creation ? Is there any trigger which can do the work ? It can interesting to see "the thing" which load you the creation menu on the first map to apply it on the second one.

Another way, but i haven't any idea to do this , maybe we can do a trick for change the focus of creation menu ? I mean , instead of reload it change the character you're editing

This thread explains how a to get a 2nd round of character creation in the original game: http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=526228#Post526228

This method does not seem to work in DOS:EE. Once the first round of character creation is done, I'm ported to the 2nd character creation level but the camera is the standard top down camera, and the customization menus do not pop up. I don't have any ideas for a new method.

Do you have any work around to get 4 source hunters rather than 2 + companions? Companions don't allow a lot of customization, the players 3 & 4 must feel like controling a bot smirk

Kind of. I've been talking about it for most page 2 of this thread. I can get you to spawn on the beach with 4 source hunters, but you won't be able to customize two of them before the start of the game. No one has created a game save editor yet, but if there was a save-game editor you could start the game, save it, and then edit the other two with a save editor.

Last edited by Foodchain; 02/11/15 02:39 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
This would be nice, but at this states it appears a little bit hacky.
Do you intend to do a steam workshop with this?

F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by Linio
This would be nice, but at this states it appears a little bit hacky.
Do you intend to do a steam workshop with this?

EE Doesn't actually have workshop. Not yet at least. I think any sort of modding done to this game at the moment is going to be pretty hacky.

Larian has said they will release editing tools for the EE at some point but there was no time-frame given, so who knows. At least I now have a pretty good understanding of how to use the editor for the original game. The scripting language they've made for it is pretty cool.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Had an idea reading your post foodchain :
An alternativ way to proceed may be to spawn all 4 players with unattributed point on first map , each player can also put abilities, stats like she/he want.

The main problem of this solution is that each player can't decide of their name or pictures.... but i think its already a beginnig

F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by flame30
Had an idea reading your post foodchain :
An alternativ way to proceed may be to spawn all 4 players with unattributed point on first map , each player can also put abilities, stats like she/he want.

The main problem of this solution is that each player can't decide of their name or pictures.... but i think its already a beginnig

Correct, this would work. You start with no skills either, so you'd have to do something like filling the inventory with the 3-4 basic skillbooks each magic schools gets to pick at the start. Then relying on the honor system of the player throwing away the unused books.

I haven't done this because my group of friends was content with playing henchmen and companions. The main campaign works fine with 2 source hunters and 2 companions/henchmen. Adding the 3rd and 4th source hunter to the main campaign comes with it's own set of issues that were known in the mod for the original game. A lot of scripts in the main campaign aren't written with support for that 3rd and 4th source hunter character, so weird things can happen. For example, source hunter 3 and 4 attacking townsfolk doesn't trigger guards.

N
addict
addict
N
A trigger that only allows you to pick up X amount of books and makes the rest disappear could work though.
The main D:OS campaigns uses this in one of the dungeons (the secret library afaik).

A
stranger
stranger
A
Hello

how do you get the EoCApp.exe?

I feel stupid /=

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard