stranger
stranger
R
EoCApp.exe is in the folder "Shipping" in the root folder of the D:OS

R
stranger
stranger
R
Hey Foodchain, real big thanks for taking the time to type up how to get to the character creation for 4 players, but I'm having some issues if you don't mind giving me a hand.

I can get to the 4 player character creation screen, but it doesn't go anywhere after player 1 & 2 hit "Accept" when they're done creating their characters, and it looks like this: http://puu.sh/l7GW8/2bdd92f42d.jpg with the top right being player 2, the bottom left being player 1, although the top right was the main client the others joined off of.

I've changed the meta.lsx so it looks like this: http://puu.sh/l7H5C/13dddcb656.png (NumPlayers is now 4, and StartupLevelName has the value "CharacterCreationRedux").

Finally, my Mods\Main folder looks like this: http://puu.sh/l7HcZ/b608a54320.png

So I don't personally see anything wrong, but knowing my luck I've failed somewhere majorly, thanks for any help you can provide!

Last edited by Rominiust; 03/11/15 09:01 AM.
F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by Rominiust
Hey Foodchain, real big thanks for taking the time to type up how to get to the character creation for 4 players, but I'm having some issues if you don't mind giving me a hand.

I can get to the 4 player character creation screen, but it doesn't go anywhere after player 1 & 2 hit "Accept" when they're done creating their characters, and it looks like this: http://puu.sh/l7GW8/2bdd92f42d.jpg with the top right being player 2, the bottom left being player 1, although the top right was the main client the others joined off of.

I've changed the meta.lsx so it looks like this: http://puu.sh/l7H5C/13dddcb656.png (NumPlayers is now 4, and StartupLevelName has the value "CharacterCreationRedux").

Finally, my Mods\Main folder looks like this: http://puu.sh/l7HcZ/b608a54320.png

So I don't personally see anything wrong, but knowing my luck I've failed somewhere majorly, thanks for any help you can provide!

You're not doing anything wrong. I encountered this sort of thing if I got 4 clients connected before players 1 and 2 finished their character creation. Even if you do get past this the next thing it's going to load is going to be a character creation screen with a top down cameras and no menu. The 4 player character creation stuff isn't really working in any practical way. It was more just proof that you could run mods from the original game, weird behavior is expected.

The way I was getting 4 source hunters onto the Cyseal beach was starting with the 2nd level that mod usually loads (CharacterCreation). That level has players 3 and 4 spanwed. When you hit accept on that level's character creation, the game runs a script that pushes all the players to the intro movie and then loads Cyseal with 4 source hunters standing on the beach.

The optimal way of achieving 4 player character creation would be done by creating a character creation menu that supports 4 people. Of course, that's difficult at well. Larian only includes the .swf files with the game. These files only play the content and don't lend themselves to any modification. Wtihout the source .fla files it's hard to understand how exactly how the menus work. The mod's author asked a Larian guy about the source .fla files for the menu and got this response. Seems like it's a "no" on ever sharing the source of their menu files. It would be nice if Larian gave some documentation on what scripting a flash file needs to use to interface with rest of the game.

F
stranger
stranger
F
I already look with in the .exe with XVI32 but is diferent or something, I can't find the HEX line, I already did the rest well, In my ui I can see the 4 slots but they dont work without that hex edit.

Images here http://imgur.com/a/irNIm

Last edited by FokkusuES; 03/11/15 05:55 PM. Reason: I can't post URLs as URL
F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by FokkusuES
I already look with in the .exe with XVI32 but is diferent or something, I can't find the HEX line, I already did the rest well, In my ui I can see the 4 slots but they dont work without that hex edit.

Images here http://imgur.com/a/irNIm

You're likely running a different version of the game. Are you running an unpatched GOG version by any chance?

F
stranger
stranger
F
2.0.99.10 steam version, but steam or GOG that shouldn't make any diferent.

N
addict
addict
N
Isn't steam supposed to auto-update that for you? (or have you disabled updates?)

F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by FokkusuES
2.0.99.10 steam version, but steam or GOG that shouldn't make any diferent.

Yeah, the memory location of this value will change depending on the version of the game. The latest Steam version is 2.0.99.113. There's really no reason to not update. Just start up steam and launch the game though Steam once, it'll do it automatically. The patch itself is tiny if bandwidth was a concern.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I believe the Steam version updated, since then it's removed the ability for 4 players. Any chance anyone can tell me the hex numbers to change in the EoCapp since the update?

edit:
Never mind, I'm just an idiot.

Last edited by DannyMck; 03/11/15 08:23 PM.
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
[quote=Foodchain]

The optimal way of achieving 4 player character creation would be done by creating a character creation menu that supports 4 people. Of course, that's difficult at well. Larian only includes the .swf files with the game. These files only play the content and don't lend themselves to any modification. Wtihout the source .fla files it's hard to understand how exactly how the menus work. The mod's author asked a Larian guy about the source .fla files for the menu and got [url=http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=536722#Post536722]this[/url] response. Seems like it's a "no" on ever sharing the source of their menu files. It would be nice if Larian gave some documentation on what scripting a flash file needs to use to interface with rest of the game. [/quote]

Have you tried using a Flash decompiler? That should give you the script references.

Last edited by Zackbleus; 03/11/15 09:25 PM.
F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by Zackbleus
Originally Posted by Foodchain

The optimal way of achieving 4 player character creation would be done by creating a character creation menu that supports 4 people. Of course, that's difficult at well. Larian only includes the .swf files with the game. These files only play the content and don't lend themselves to any modification. Wtihout the source .fla files it's hard to understand how exactly how the menus work. The mod's author asked a Larian guy about the source .fla files for the menu and got this response. Seems like it's a "no" on ever sharing the source of their menu files. It would be nice if Larian gave some documentation on what scripting a flash file needs to use to interface with rest of the game.

Have you tried using a Flash decompiler? That should give you the script references.

Yeah I did. Decompilers spit out pretty messy results. Someone who has a lot of Flash experience could probably make sense of it. The last time I used Flash for any development was over 10 years ago. I don't actually have a license for a modern Flash editor either. So I kind of glanced over the decompiled scripts used in the flash file before deciding that I didn't understand what was actually happening to make it at all work.

Typically when I glance at code or script I can get a decent idea of the of what the program is doing even if I'm unfamiliar with the language. That wasn't the case with the decompiled flash file.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
[quote=Foodchain]

Yeah I did. Decompilers spit out pretty messy results. Someone who has a lot of Flash experience could probably make sense of it. The last time I used Flash for any development was over 10 years ago. I don't actually have a license for a modern Flash editor either. So I kind of glanced over the decompiled scripts used in the flash file before deciding that I didn't understand what was actually happening to make it at all work.

Typically when I glance at code or script I can get a decent idea of the of what the program is doing even if I'm unfamiliar with the language. That wasn't the case with the decompiled flash file.[/quote]

I'll take a look and see what I can find. I'll let you know if I get any results.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Does anyone found a way to have 2 Main characters and plus 3 or 4 more companions(hechmans)?

Playing with files even in Original sin(not in EE)does not made any result.Changing in all possible files with DB_MaxComp and DB_MaxCount don't gave any results.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Alright, after a few hours of work I manage to get the .fla files for characterCreation.swf and characterCreation_c.swf.

Download link is here for both: http://puu.sh/l8NeS/183024d777.zip

A lot of the code is initialized in the characterCreation_c.fla under characterCreation_c_fla/MainTimeline.cs

p1_mc, p2_mc, placeholder_mc_1, and placeholder_mc_2 are the references to the players.

F
stranger
stranger
F
[quote=Norbyte]Isn't steam supposed to auto-update that for you? (or have you disabled updates?) [/quote]

I have them disabled for all games, I like to update them manually, call me crazy xd, well, I'll update and try again

Last edited by FokkusuES; 04/11/15 09:03 AM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
When trying to mod the exe I don't think it's working anymore. I was able to find a unique instance of a substring of the hex but appears to not be working as before.

I now get "error: each player has to control one main character." after the patch. Anyone else having this issue now or am I missing something?

Thanks!

F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by Davidcw6
When trying to mod the exe I don't think it's working anymore. I was able to find a unique instance of a substring of the hex but appears to not be working as before.

I now get "error: each player has to control one main character." after the patch. Anyone else having this issue now or am I missing something?

Thanks!

Yes, this is expected. Patches to the game will overwrite the .exe and nullify previous modifications you made to the exe. The memory values are likely to change as well. I'll update this soon with the new values sometime today.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Yup. Understood and expected here too.

I'll take a stab at finding the location too unless you can get it sometime earlier. :)

D
stranger
stranger
D
I was wondering...What are you guys using to disassemble?

N
addict
addict
N
Signature for v2.0.99.676:
48 89 6C 24 28 FF 15 CD F4 50 00 40 0F B6 C7 48 8B 4C 24 60 48 33 CC E8 24 2D 91

Replace "40 0F B6 C7" with "31 C0 F7 D0".

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard