Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Hi

I’m playing Beyond Divinity now, and am totally confused regarding a game lore. Could you please clarify a few things for me?

1. Does a baby that Lucien saves at the end of Divine Divinity has its own soul? Is the soul of Lord of Chaos just “sleeps” in this body and awakens only when Damian sees Ygerna’s execution?..
2. Is Damian a physical manifestation of Lord of Chaos itself? In “Child of Chaos” novella he is called just Damned One. Is this title corresponds to Lord of Chaos as a god, or to Damian as his avatar?.. So, who is Damian: a living embodiment of Lord of Chaos, or a human with his own will and motives, but with Lord of Chaos’ powers?
3. What is a correct name of the world – Nemisis or Nemesis? There is Nemisis in Child of Chaos, and Nemesis in later sources.
4. At the end of “Child of Chaos” novella Damian allows demons to sweep through Nemesis, but what are his relationship with archdemons? Does he ally with them or tricks and uses them?.. I ask because I don’t wholly understand: in Act 1 different NPC tell about “Child of Chaos’ Army of Chaos” and then “Samuel’s Army of Chaos”. So, who is gathering an army – Damian or Samuel?..
5. And there are portraits of the Damned One in Samuel’s Citadel. What that fact means? Again a question of relationship Damian builds with demons, I think)

Support
Support

1. Yes. The aspect of the Lord of Chaos doesn't fully awaken, or at least doesn't take over.

2. Damian is still human, and in the history of Beyond Divinity (which you'll learn about as the game progresses) and in Divinity 2 he acts primarily based on his own motivations (pretty much with a maturity level arrested at 15 (IIRC), when he saw his girlfriend being executed by his adoptive father).

3. It is primarily Nemisis in Beyond Divinity, with a couple instances of it being spelled Nemesis in books, etc.

4. Damian will use arch demons not powerful or smart enough to need to ally with.

5. Damian is the human embodiment of the god of the demons, whom the Black Ring had long since allied themselves to, so he is essentially the saviour to both. He is the one destined to lead them out of exile, restore them to their former glory and finally achieve revenge on their enemies.

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
1. Is the Lord of Chaos = the dragon in OS?

2. Is Damien basically the reincarnation of the battle mage who welded the sword of lies? (the sword had the "soul" of the god and now Damien (I believe)).

3. what are these books (sounds like an interesting read)?

Last edited by caninelegion; 21/07/17 06:54 AM.
Support
Support

No. The Lord of Chaos is trying to get back into Rivellon to rule, not destroy all of creation.

AFAIK there is no connection between the baby and Ulthring. Like the sword, the baby was infused with an aspect of the Lord of Chaos, though.

I was referring to in-game books. The only RL book is the Child of Chaos novella (included as a pdf with Divinity 2 Developer's Cut, and in the extras for the GOG version of Beyond Divinity).

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard