Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#575465 15/11/15 10:40 AM
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Any update on when this will be released for mac? Can't really find any date anywhere apart for the vlog update where it was said to be released about a month after the PC release. But I'm just wondering since there's been no updates since.

I'm really looking forward to playing D:OS EE.

Thanks !

stranger
stranger
If I remember correctly around 15 december or so. At the same time as us linux people ;-). Difference is: this will be the first time us linux people can play it. claphands

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Alright! Thanks, and good to hear you'll be able to play as well !! :)

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Any update here? Will it be released tomorrow or will it be at a later date this december? (if it's still coming out in 2015)

Support
Support

Hopefully this week, AFAIK, but I haven't seen a recent update on the ETA.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Well it's the 15th Dec, I am watching and waiting smile

Last edited by Chris S; 15/12/15 02:42 PM.

Still playing RPGs after all these years.
K
stranger
stranger
K
16th cmon larian I'm off this week and home alone for the first time in a year would love to play your game today!!!

C
stranger
stranger
C
Come on, the anticipation is killing me smile

A
stranger
stranger
A
While we wait for the Mac release. Is there an updated requirements for the EE?

Support
Support

I think OpenGL 4.1 will be required. Other than that, the requirements should be similar to D:OS.

stranger
stranger
While waiting, I have installed Windows (sic!) via Bootcamp...
So, the question is – can I transfer my saved games from Windows to Mac version (when it will be available)?

A
stranger
stranger
A
I bought D:OS through steam and the steam cloud sync worked great. No matter which OS I played on, when I rebooted and start up in the other OS, all the game saves were there. I was even able to take my Mac saves, start up boot camp, steam cloud sync, run a save game editor, start up Steam to re-sync to cloud, then go back to Mac and the edited save was there.

I wish there would be some news on the D:OSEE Mac front. Even something like we're behind schedule so expect it next year would be nice. I've been playing in Windows through Boot Camp, but I prefer to stick to the Mac side so I'd like some idea of how long I'll be limping along like this.

old hand
old hand
Watch the beginning of the latest Kickstarter update for DOS II. It has the latest info on both Mac and Linux.

Kickstarter Update #20

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
C
stranger
stranger
C
So the Mac version is ready, I assume they are waiting to get the Linux problems sorted then they will release both at the same time.

Thanks for that information Windemere smile

norlin #577185 18/12/15 10:13 PM
Support
Support
Originally Posted by norlin
can I transfer my saved games from Windows to Mac version (when it will be available)?

Just to confirm what AliasMrJones said about D:OS, saves will be compatible between PC versions for the EE.

Raze #577197 19/12/15 08:33 AM
C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Raze
Originally Posted by norlin
can I transfer my saved games from Windows to Mac version (when it will be available)?

Just to confirm what AliasMrJones said about D:OS, saves will be compatible between PC versions for the EE.

If I am playing the DRM free GoG version I assume I have to move the save game files over manually ?

Support
Support

Yes, that would be the easiest way to do it. If you were going to be switching back and forth you could set up symbolic links to move the saves to a network drive (or local drive both OSes have access to), or a Dropbox folder, etc. With D:OS a couple people reported problems doing that (errors trying to load saves), while some did not; I have not seen this mention either way for the EE.

A folder synchronization program could also work, but to have it be automatic you would need to set up a macro or script to run it after the game exits.

Raze #577202 19/12/15 10:32 AM
C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Raze

Yes, that would be the easiest way to do it. If you were going to be switching back and forth you could set up symbolic links to move the saves to a network drive (or local drive both OSes have access to), or a Dropbox folder, etc. With D:OS a couple people reported problems doing that (errors trying to load saves), while some did not; I have not seen this mention either way for the EE.

A folder synchronization program could also work, but to have it be automatic you would need to set up a macro or script to run it after the game exits.

Thanks

C
stranger
stranger
C
Oh well seems its not going to show now before Christmas frown

Wishing everybody out there and your families a happy Christmas smile

stranger
stranger
Woohooo!!! It's here! (At least, now I can install it from Steam on my Mac OS)!!!

Hmm, weird. Steam allows to start install, but it's "completed" instantly (without downloading anything) and obviously it's not working...

Last edited by norlin; 23/12/15 05:51 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard