Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 29 of 33 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
enthusiast
enthusiast
MooseEdit, oh, MooseEdit...where art thou, MooseEdit?

In my chair

do I rest my derriere

With my screen open to the EE Divine O' Sin

...and wondering where, oh, where have you been?

This game just isn't the same...;)

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
D
OP Offline
D
I don't really have time to address this right now but I can publish the source code.
I don't know how similar the save format is but I can't imagine it is all that different.

It is probably either a change to some of the file paths in the pak files, or they added a new data type.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Guys, i find character editor for EE version.
Its here https://www.reddit.com/r/DivinityOriginalSin/comments/3qvdth/character_editor_table_out_now_cheat_engine/
Its realy work, instruction realy easy. Just dont forget save\load after editing.
Enjoy.

P
stranger
stranger
P
That would be great.

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by Dairymoose
I don't really have time to address this right now but I can publish the source code.
I don't know how similar the save format is but I can't imagine it is all that different.

It is probably either a change to some of the file paths in the pak files, or they added a new data type.

I think it would benefit the community as a whole to have this program go open source.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Foodchain

I think it would benefit the community as a whole to have this program go open source.

I'm in an agreement, as it will help, and at same time, you could leave the work to updating the moosedit to someone else for the enhanced edition? You've realy done so much for us by making that MooseEdit. laugh. For that, I thank you ^_^.

On that side, when I pointed MooseEdit torwards D:OS EE's game directory and save locations, I was able to get my saves, but I was unable to edit them due to two missing files like .lsb in them. I think it won't take much to make an Enhanced Edition version of Moose Edition.

D
OP Offline
D
Well I did it. I put the source online.
To anyone who actually wants to try to make sense of it, I would suggest getting Qt Creator (IDE) and opening the MooseEdit.pro project file. That will greatly simplify getting it to work.

Anyway here is some basic info:
LsbReader/LsbWriter is for reading/writing lsb files.
LsbObject is the in-memory representation of an lsb file's "tree node"
SanityHash is for sanity.lsb generation
PakCompressor handles PAK compression
PakReader/PakWriter is for reading/writing PAK files
CharacterLoader is for loading character data from the LSB and making the character tabs on the UI
GamePakData has all the hardcoded filenames from the PAK files, you might have to modify this
AppearanceEditorFrame is a gigantic file that has all of the openGL 3d rendering code
mainwindow contains most of the UI functionality

A lot of the code is unrefined and ugly and should probably be rewritten. But it should mostly be error free.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/xggb2364417f4/MooseEdit

Source is under: Source/MooseEdit-src.zip

and since I am open sourcing it here is the formula used to calculate weapon damage:
Code
double ItemLabel::calculateDamage(long damageStat, long itemLevel, long damageBoost) {
	return (itemLevel+1)*((50.0l*(exp(((damageStat+1)*0.1) - 0.1) - 1.067999958992004l) + 10))* 0.25 * (1 + damageBoost/100.0l);
}

Last edited by Dairymoose; 03/11/15 12:39 AM.
addict
addict
Well I did it. I put the source online.

Here's to you. *bows in respect*

K
stranger
stranger
K
Well I did it. I put the source online. [/code]

Man, they need to put a moose with your name on it in D:OS2 as the God of Mooses!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Thanks for releasing it Moose!

Now, is there anyone that can turn the code into a lovely, nub-friendly program? UI included? smile

Last edited by Aenra; 04/11/15 10:55 AM.

Pride, honour and purity
Aenra #574120 04/11/15 04:27 PM
K
stranger
stranger
K
Lol, I'm reminded of the end of "Finding Nemo", where the other fish make it out of the dentist's office in little plastic bags half-filled with water, roll across the street, and plop into the nearby harbor. Then after much cheering from everyone, silence settles in and all the fish still half-afloat in their bags look at each other and the puffer voiced by the guy who does Robert Barone in "Everybody Loves Raymond" goes: "...now what?..."

M
stranger
stranger
M
I'm sorry, but I just can't find info anywhere on how to use this. Is there a guide somewhere or can someone provide the basic instructions on how to get it working?

I specificed the Game Data Folder (/common/Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition/Data) and it was already set up for the Player Profiles. The problem is that I select the save and it just says "Could not locate save game file (missing LSB and LSV).

What am I missing?

EDIT: It also says "Could not find meta information file" when I highlight a Save File.

Last edited by mrjane; 06/11/15 06:57 PM.
mrjane #574500 06/11/15 08:52 PM
F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by mrjane
I'm sorry, but I just can't find info anywhere on how to use this. Is there a guide somewhere or can someone provide the basic instructions on how to get it working?

I specificed the Game Data Folder (/common/Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition/Data) and it was already set up for the Player Profiles. The problem is that I select the save and it just says "Could not locate save game file (missing LSB and LSV).

What am I missing?

EDIT: It also says "Could not find meta information file" when I highlight a Save File.

The same editor is only compatible with the original version of the game.

The author has released the source code but has not made any updates to make the save editor compatible with the enhanced edition.

P
stranger
stranger
P
I swear to God I'll cry if Dairy doesn't come back for the EE version. We're thankful, but also spoilt and unreasonable. Will picket somewhere until we have MooseEdit for EE.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Pequenovitor
I swear to God I'll cry if Dairy doesn't come back for the EE version. We're thankful, but also spoilt and unreasonable. Will picket somewhere until we have MooseEdit for EE.

DairyMoose may be quite busy and not able to update his MooseEdit.. We need someone else to update that MooseEdit to work with EE! He released the source to us, so someone else with more free time on their hands could update!

C
stranger
stranger
C
Hear our pleas o'lords of modding. The game doesn't feel the same without ME

K
stranger
stranger
K
I don't think the lords of modding will grace us with their presence anytime soon. They're probably all playing fallout.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Is anyone working on this? Just curious.

Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
I also would greatly appreciate an update to this.

Thanks!

M
stranger
stranger
M
Hello! Okay- I'm going to start working on updating this to work with the EE version of the game. Also, I'm Mike. Anywho- I haven't touched C++ in a long long time, so no promises. But I've been waiting for someone to update Dairy's program since EE came out, and have finally realized that it prolly won't happen. So- here I am. Hello again. Hopefully I don't lose track of this thread so I can release it here. I'll be posting it on my GitHub when it's completed. Add me on Skype to keep up with the progress.
Also- Stressing that I haven't used C++ in a long long time. Actually, I haven't used an OOP language in general in a long long time. So no promises, but I'll dedicate my Christmas to getting this up for you all. Happy Christmas, sorry for the bumb if this is an old post. Didn't look at dates. Hello again, I'm Mike. Nice to meet you all.

Page 29 of 33 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard