Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Am I the only one who doesn't think that this is fair. At the end of the day, if we're only given one vote, we're only voting on the first tree. That vote won't accurately gauge what the community wants for the second class. For example, I want both polymorph and berserker but I could only vote for one of them. Therefore it's basically just a popularity contest.

There should be a second vote to determine the second class imo. Having one vote deciding the fate of two classes is just logically flawed in concept. The people who voted for the first tree would effectively have no say in the second tree. Also many peoples' votes for the second tree would likely with the knowledge of what the first tree would be.

stranger
stranger
Truth is we need all of those skill trees.

But yeah, there should be a secondary vote option.

Last edited by Hoxis; 20/12/15 12:21 AM.
Support
Support

I assume there will be a second vote once the results of the first are in.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Honestly I have my doubts a second vote will change the outcome.

I am a bit disappointed that my pessimistic prediction came true.

veteran
veteran
I agree, there should be a second vote

S
veteran
veteran
S
I would also say that this way, it is skewed in a certain way.
Right now, there are no warrior skills even close to the top, id definitly like to know what the second choices of the people that chose Polymorpher were. I suspect alot of people picked Polymorpher because it is a "warrior synergetic" skill line that actually gets votes.

addict
addict
I believe it's more important that we use the Alternative Vote Method.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y3jE3B8HsE

Last edited by Ayvah; 21/12/15 10:14 AM.
addict
addict
It never occured in my most pessimistic predictions we would only have one vote to decide two skilltrees, so I still cling to the hope there will be a second one.

If there aren't, well... Big disappointment here! i'm interested neither in Polymoprh that I still think people are getting ultra hyped about and having huge unrealistic expectations about what it will actually be, nor in Summoning Master because summons... meh.

I'm quite positive Bard would be second with a second vote and the reported votes of the 1800+ Polymorphers. Maybe it wouldn't be, but a second vote is still the right way to go regardless...

The Brotherhood of norD is love, the Brotherhood of norD is life.
Click to reveal..
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Dr Koin
It never occured in my most pessimistic predictions we would only have one vote to decide two skilltrees, so I still cling to the hope there will be a second one.

My only problem with having two rounds of votes is that it could be the same majority that chooses both skill trees. In other words, more people would get two skills they want and less people would get at least one skill they want.

Edit:
Actually, I think a Single Transferable Vote better descibes the ideal method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8XOZJkozfI

PS: The bard would possibly be my last choice.

Last edited by Ayvah; 21/12/15 10:48 AM.
N
old hand
old hand
N
Master Summoning is the tree I know that half the people who voted for it won't really use extensively.

The entire tree is based on more meticulous/strategic uses for summons.

Heck Master Summoner might be the only tree that has no attribute since it has no direct attacks or even buffs.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Ayvah
My only problem with having two rounds of votes is that it could be the same majority that chooses both skill trees. In other words, more people would get two skills they want and less people would get at least one skill they want.

Edit:
Actually, I think a Single Transferable Vote better descibes the ideal method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8XOZJkozfI

PS: The bard would possibly be my last choice.

I see what you mean.I can't watch youtube here, but I get the issue you're refering to. I tend to agree, as I'm quite sure I won't get anything out of the votes and by extension the two stretchgoals either...

Bard is the only skill whose description actually mentions scenarios other than combats so just for that, it got my initial vote. Every other skills are described as purely combat oriented trees, which doesn't make them uninteresting, sure, but a tad less interesting than a skilltree that could be used during dialogues or stuff.

I absolutely, 0% trust Polymorph to get remotely close to the widely fantasized shapeshifting usage that was discussed back during the campaign, like turning into a mouse to get into a hole in the wall or even taking the appearance of a NPC, but I feel that's what a lot of people got from Polymorph : a "shapeshifting" skilltree, which it probably isn't. There is the Shapeshifting Mask for that :p

The Brotherhood of norD is love, the Brotherhood of norD is life.
Click to reveal..
addict
addict
Both methods I mentioned are essentially the same. But single transferable vote is designed to also cope with having multiple winners. Basically, if your vote is going to be wasted because you've voted for a loser, then your vote transfers to your next preference. If your vote is going to be partly wasted because you voted for a clear winner, then a portion of that vote will go to your next preference.

It would make voting more complicated as we'd have to rank our preferences, but it means that there'd be far fewer arguments about the results.

For the record, I think I was too harsh on the bard. But I've never played a game where I've enjoyed the class.

journeyman
journeyman
If you feel so strongly about that, maybe you should apply it to your parliament first biggrin

addict
addict
I'm in Australia, and this is already how it works.

Voted for the polymorph skill )) Like the idea.

Yeah, statistically two separate votes or one double vote is a great difference.

So... yes, please 2 votes!

Last edited by Seelenernter; 26/12/15 10:48 AM.

Think for yourself! Or others will do it...
Originally Posted by Ayvah

I agree with Ayvah... as it is, the group that voted for the winning skill tree, already got what they wanted. Also picking the second placed skill tree, means that from the remaining voters, the largest group also got what they wanted.
Having two separate votes could mean that those who voted for the winning skill tree, got their second favorite as well... and everyone else got nothing.

So imho, one vote to decide both skill trees is the fairest solution.

Last edited by The Centaur; 14/01/16 07:50 AM.
N
old hand
old hand
N
Honestly the ONE thing that won't make me mad at the result is if Polymorph isn't another intelligence tree.

It REALLY shouldn't be up to the community to balance the game this way.

stranger
stranger
You sir sound like you need a little run-off voting. I wish we did it here in the states, basically you select your favorite, then you choose the vote you want if the first one loses.

veteran
veteran
The secondvote has started and the summon master is leading at the moment.

I chose the bard (again). We already have tons of summons.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard