Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
veteran
veteran
stronghold and build your own home, similar to Pillars of Eternity and Baldur's gate 2.

twin\triple techs ala Chrono Trigger, which is just a perfect match for this game.

Summon magic would also be pretty neat.

Last edited by Dark_Ansem; 10/10/15 10:34 PM.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Or maybe even a city builder like in fallout 4, where you had to quest to gather resources for building your city/stronghold. Never never knew there was stronghold mechanic in baldur's gate 2. Played a ton as a kid, but wasn't smart enough to get past the first act. Played it years later on my mac and game the started some serious crashing in the beginning of act II. I just haven't gotten the will to play the first part for the 4th time. Maybe I'll try getting into the game again, when I've finished PoE and D:OS EE.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem

you can already summon elementars, animals, undead in DOS1

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
stranger
stranger
Playing as Commander Shepard, even if the game is set in an entirely new galaxy...
Wait, wrong game! laugh

God save our Queen Char!

My favorite combo: Shackles of Pain + Charm + Whip ;-)
apprentice
apprentice
Another one here chiming in for day/night cycles and NPC schedules. I'm sure DOS2 will be great as it is, but if they had the time/funds to implement these properly, it would really have pushed up the greatness a whole order of magnitude.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by 4verse
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem

you can already summon elementars, animals, undead in DOS1

I should have specified, something similar to Final Fantasy X

addict
addict
I want to be able to turn invisible, so I can sneak into people's homes and steal everything they own, then turn around and sell it all back to them for double profit.

Wait, you meant in-game? I thought we were talking about real life here.

veteran
veteran
capes and cloaks :'(

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
I would love to see:

Environment that responds to your actions. For example, there is lack of water because the water source (well / river) has been blocked / controlled by the Evil Boss.
Depending on your actions, water will run free. Fallow fields will be green again, trout are to be found in the rivers, etc.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
- Much better modding tools.

- Much more complex character building... hundreds of new skills, spells and other things open for customization.

- Morrowind style enchanting, spell making, and crafting.

- Homes! Morrowind mod style (like Mori Mountain Estate or similar... sorting chests, alchemy jars, armor and weapon stands, mannequins etc).

- Hard mode in this game is not hard... at all. EE tactician is slightly better than the original game but not by much. Also, less cheese like enemies spawning out of thin air behind you while you have near max perception lol. Id be for more enemies with better tactics.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Im so sick and tired of the dumbing down of games trend, that I want a game that is ridiculously complex just to counterbalance the pathetic excuses for RPG's being peddled by everyone else (yes Im looking at you FO4).

M
stranger
stranger
M
I would like to see rogues become fun again....I know, I know - not going to happen (:

K
stranger
stranger
K
Equipment Socketing!
Regular Gems(+Strength, +Dexterity, etc.) and gems with unique abilities akin to Diablo-like action-rpgs.

For example, attach a gem that has a chance to trigger chain lightning on hit. Or a gem that has a chance to cause a poison explosion on hit. Or life on hit.

I really disliked having to replace a piece of equipment with a unique ability in D:OS because I found something that dealt more damage or gave better stats.

G
stranger
stranger
G
4 Party Local Co-Op

I really want a 4 player split screen Local Co-Op of the game.
I totally loved how D:OS allowed the 2 player split screen no disruption between players when interacting with their skills / inventory etc...

This was the first game that ever allowed you to do this! Diablo and such had only 1 character take control per inventory clearing and skill allotment.

Support
Support

D:OS 2 should allow 2 people playing split screen to play with 2 other people split screen.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Raze

D:OS 2 should allow 2 people playing split screen to play with 2 other people split screen.

I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure this feature has already been announced.

stranger
stranger
I'm not impressed on suggested skills for the second Skill-tree...

My suggestions is to add some Astral magic/Astral plane/etc which Astral Master could visit/look/interact with.

But it's a much bigger than just skill tree – it should be a whole additional layer for the game, with own creatures (spirits and so on), own quests, and much more cool new things.

Hey, Larian Guys, please tell me you have seen this my idea (even in case if you won't add it to the game – just to know your opinion about such things)

veteran
veteran
I did the voting at the Larian Vault and I want the "something else" answer back.

But there is one vote where you could have gotten a different result than "something else". When asking about whats your favourite RPG, you forgot Planescape Torment.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Originally Posted by Ayvah
Originally Posted by Raze

I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure this feature has already been announced.

I think I've played this on the demo.

I'm lucky. hehe

M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by norlin

Hey, Larian Guys, please tell me you have seen this my idea (even in case if you won't add it to the game – just to know your opinion about such things)

Anyone posting gameplay ideas on Larian forums can rest assured that we'll read them. We even have an archive with fan-submitted ideas, that we frequently look through for inspiration. smile

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Originally Posted by norlin

Yes, we "see" everything smile

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard