Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
FYI the mod is released on Nexus and the Workshop.
Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=656805588

NexusMods - http://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/84/?

The mod still has some problems so report any bugs and make sure to read the notes on the Nexus/Steam pages. Also there is an in-game readme placed in your inventory as a book.

Old stuff in Spoiler

So this has been a popular request both directly to me an just in general so I took a stab at it today.

Roguelike is the one who figured it out for the original and he hasn't been around in awhile.
http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=45452&Number=526440#Post526440

So I extracted his original version and found that he was able to make the creation GUI pop up a second time by throwing in an autosave at the end of the script.

I made a mod that functions similarly to how his did. Player creates two characters, characters are teleported to second creation level and the other two get placed into creation by the usual script.

It seems though that the autosave doesn't work in the EE at forcing the creation GUI to come up.

I know the scripts are working otherwise as the characters end up with a default set of gear and skills. If creation isn't working they end up naked like in a standalone mod. Also I'm unable to move the extra 2 players as if they are frozen for creation.

So anyway there doesn't seem to be a way to make the GUI pop up again. I could probably make a ghetto interface out of a dialog window but that's lame.

So if anyone has any ideas how to force the character creation GUI to come up again post them here.

Last edited by SniperHF; 01/04/16 04:41 AM.
old hand
old hand
Dunno about forcing character creation GUI, but you could also just give the second set of characters the appropriate amount of talent, ability, and attribute points and some basic gear upon character creation completed (or maybe just on initialization). Then plop down that mirror from the End of Time right at the start (and the relevant scripts) there so those players can enter it to change their appearance. The only hard part is giving starting skills. Maybe just putting a trader right at the start that sells starting skills and give the second players some extra gold. Balance for the initial fights is borked anyway, so that's not really an issue.

A bit inelegant, but a possibility and less work than some huge dialog tree.

journeyman
journeyman
Hello

I'm not sure that I made exactly what you want, but maybe that will be ok to start with.

It's hacky: you can't create all 4 players at one time. You create first 2, then after a level load another 2 are created. It's the best solution that I found, for now

https://filetea.me/t1ssHOlZy0sQb6LIShn6t1AxA

Happy modding!

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Cadmus88

It's hacky: you can't create all 4 players at one time. You create first 2, then after a level load another 2 are created. It's the best solution that I found, for now

https://filetea.me/t1ssHOlZy0sQb6LIShn6t1AxA

Yeah that's the way I was trying to to do it but I couldn't actually make the GUI pop up again when that second level loads.

Looks like your link is dead though.

journeyman
journeyman

L
stranger
stranger
L
How much of the old mod would theoretically work in the EE? Is the only thing stopping it really the beginning? If so, could plugging Cad's fix into the old mod have a shot?

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Lyzarus
How much of the old mod would theoretically work in the EE? Is the only thing stopping it really the beginning? If so, could plugging Cad's fix into the old mod have a shot?

Cadmus's script is working quite well for a standalone mod. I had to modify it a bit to make it work for D:OS. Right now I've got what looks like a working version.

The old one wasn't actually that complicated by itself, neither is this one. It's just a matter of finding the exact right script and hoping nothing else breaks.

Like for example one thing I tried was teleporting the players using CharacterTeleportToTrigger. Well that outright breaks the party formation behavior. I have absolutely no idea why. But when I switched it to TeleportPartyToTrigger it works fine. It just looks a little janky.

Last edited by SniperHF; 28/03/16 01:13 AM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Alright I have completed a downloadable version of it and could use some people to test it.

Here is the link.
OLD

Save the file in Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Mods

I'm pretty sure that the same problems that existed with the old version still exist in this version:

* Additional Players don't create aggro by attacking civilians

* Friendly fire can cause an undismissable dialog

* Lone Wolf can be taken on all starting characters

* Who is involved in conversations for affinity bonuses seems random

There are probably more. One of the main things I want to know is if there are any problems transitioning areas like going into Black Cove or Luculla.

Last edited by SniperHF; 04/04/16 04:44 AM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
FYI:
I've updated the mod so that now you can dismiss and rehire the 3rd/4th companion. This should also allow you to hire the stock recruitable henchmen if you want instead.

P
stranger
stranger
P
So,even with this mod a player cannot obtain more than a 4 men party,like it was with old mod for not enchanced edition of the game?(i played with 6 party members and it was very fun)

journeyman
journeyman
There is a DB_CompMax(2) line in _Global goal, which looks manipulate the maximum of companions (don't have time right now to check it) so you can play around it.

Also I don't remember the exact value, but at some number (I think 7) you will econter that UI does not have space for another character portrait

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Parkan
So,even with this mod a player cannot obtain more than a 4 men party,like it was with old mod for not enchanced edition of the game?(i played with 6 party members and it was very fun)

Baardvark made a 6 player mod here, though it doesn't feature 2 extra created characters.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=669623796

Originally Posted by Cadmus88
There is a DB_CompMax(2) line in _Global goal, which looks manipulate the maximum of companions (don't have time right now to check it) so you can play around it.

Yeah, the old version of the mod from classic which I did not work on allowed more characters because it simply didn't consider player #3 and #4 companions. I did that in this mod to maintain some of the original game's balance.

For Baardvark's mod he juiced the difficulty a tad with 6 characters.

P
stranger
stranger
P
pity,i don't have a steam version of the game.Is it possible to share with non steam version of six party members mod?

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
If you have a steam account you can probably sign in and pester baard about it in the comments, he'll probably upload it somewhere smile

Link Copied to Clipboard